PDA

View Full Version : Do you consider random events still worth doing?

Stintz
04-18-2013, 05:39 PM
Back when they still gave keycodes I would stop and do every event I came across. Now, I find myself just blowing by them.

I just don't see a reason do them anymore without the keycodes. Missions and pursuits give better exp, and item drop is too RNG to make farming them really worthwhile. Atleast with the keycodes you had a guaranteed reward.

Wabbles
04-18-2013, 06:10 PM
I always do them when I'm not focused on missions and I hop out of my vehicle when I drive by someone that is, just to lend a hand at the expense of my own time. Buying lockboxes with keycodes may guarantee a reward but how often is it something you want?

atlantix
04-18-2013, 06:31 PM
i dont bother stopping for emergencies unless i need a certain mob for contract

why would i do a random mission if i don't get keycode out of it..

Roflmaowtf
04-18-2013, 06:31 PM
Not really, waste of time now.

BrassRazoo
04-18-2013, 06:37 PM
I never really did them in the first place so I'm not sulking about the keycodes.
I do stop by and help out or do a few just for fun.
Not fussed about the keycodes as I'll pick up drops from mobs and salvage things for extra keys, and I do co-op and Arkfalls for my keys.
I guess one keycode would not be asking too much to stop all the whining.
I open enough lock boxes to satisfy my needs and don't need to farm keys for 5 boxes a day just to get weapons to use.

Misto29
04-18-2013, 06:48 PM
Who, what, when, where? I get key codes without noticing them. And hardly ever do a random, I barely pay attention to them when they spawn. So really it's up to you to decide if their still worth doing.

Mivo
04-18-2013, 06:49 PM
Yes and no. I had done them in the first couple days because most were new to me, and the key codes were a bonus (not all of them awarded keys). I would probably do them still frequently if they gave keys, But it would be for the keys, not for the enjoyment. Lately I have been doing co-op maps which I enjoy and that also provides keys, so that's a decent deal. (But I'm a mood-driven gamer, so who knows what I'll enjoy doing in the game in a week from now.)

I do think the emergencies should give keys, though. Choice is a good thing and since the lockboxes are essentially the loot system in this game, as many activities as possible should have key rewards.

Talon Swiftshot
04-18-2013, 06:51 PM
I never really did them in the first place so I'm not sulking about the keycodes.
I do stop by and help out or do a few just for fun.
Not fussed about the keycodes as I'll pick up drops from mobs and salvage things for extra keys, and I do co-op and Arkfalls for my keys.
I guess one keycode would not be asking too much to stop all the whining.
I open enough lock boxes to satisfy my needs and don't need to farm keys for 5 boxes a day just to get weapons to use.

This, I do them no more or no less than before. I don't think Trion should give into the babies though, add instead, new ways of obtaining them with patches/DLC.

Mivo
04-18-2013, 06:57 PM
This, I do them no more or no less than before. I don't think Trion should give into the babies though, add instead, new ways of obtaining them with patches/DLC.

Nothing to do with anyone being a baby. This is a game that you pay for, not a job that you get paid for. Personally, I would prefer if mobs started to drop higher quality items, including purples and legendaries, more frequently (or at all). The lockboxes are a neat gimmick, but it's a tad off that they are almost the only viable source for gear upgrades. It's not a fun mechanic, if there are no reliable alternatives.

WNxTyr4el
04-18-2013, 07:23 PM
There's basically no incentive to do them anymore except for XP which you can get more for doing Arkfalls, Co-Ops or Story missions (or side missions for that matter). So short answer; no.

datalore
04-18-2013, 07:37 PM
i did them when i first started as i was new and thought ooow nice....now i drive passed them as there a waste of time like all good shooters everything is new and great when u first start complete the missions etc and its all dull,They need to focus on the mmo part of the game rather than an xbox/ps3 shooter game

Munx
04-18-2013, 10:02 PM
I stopped cold doing them when both runner and roller turned 20, No they are not worth doing without the addition of keycodes, completly removing keycodes from these was a big mistake, atleast when they didnt buff them to suit a diffrent purpose.

BrassRazoo
04-18-2013, 11:21 PM
I think removing keycodes from them was the correct move. I also believe they were not supposed to be awarded in the first place, only shards.
It was way too easy to get a T4 lockbox (the "best" box in the game) for killing a dozen or so bugs over and over.

But, I do think the T4 box is a little expensive considering the T3 price, and from what I have seen, as I have gotten only one Orange, not much different.

It makes little sense to be able to farm in an hour or so what is currently one of the most exclusive items in the game.
Something needed changing.

Spencley
04-18-2013, 11:37 PM
No rewards, No point... Much better ways to earn XP

Taaltos
04-18-2013, 11:45 PM
I stop and do them for fun. I'm not a gear junkie, I just want to play the game, shoot some stuff, find some things, pwn some ubernewbs in pvp, etc...the Emergencies and Events are fun. I almost always stop when on the way to missions, UNLESS I'm hauling *** to a Scrapper Arkfall. Those are a BLAST!

Shawnchapp
04-19-2013, 12:02 AM
"still worth doing?"

Lol never thought they were worth doing to begin with... i do them once in a blue moon or when i see someone doing it as i drive by I'll help out other then that i find them boring as hell.

Era
04-19-2013, 12:25 AM
They are objectively not worth doing other than the fun standpoint. The monsterbox ones that just involve sticky 'nading a spawn point a few times aren't period.

No I'm not inspecting that derelict vehicle just like I didn't inspect the last five I just freaking drove past between the ranch and the farm.

oops519
04-19-2013, 12:35 AM
I'm a little bummed they removed the keys from the events but I still do them simply because they provide me with more things to kill. As I am working on the combat pursuits there are a lot of kills to get and weapons to level up. The events are a convenient way for me to get some easy and fun kills for those pursuits. I don't mind the loot either. It's not that great but I'm a scrip hoarder and selling unneeded loot for scrip gives me warm fuzzies.

Arsenic_Touch
04-19-2013, 12:40 AM
Nope. I thought they were boring in the rest of the game, they're just terrible in SF.

Inflecto
04-19-2013, 12:48 AM
the road events atm are broken in the way that they dont have any rewards that will lure ppl to do them.. who wants to farm events that give you a really small amount of exp and what 90 script -.- killing random mobs will grant more. they should add key fragments or keycodes to them again. Just balance it out so its not 4 keycodes per but less

Shada Mori
04-19-2013, 12:52 AM
Yes they are. I get an average of four weapon drops from them, usually all white granted.. but break down four white, and you have enough ark salvage to afford a key code. Granted, not as good as the 4 it used to give, but still makes it worth the effort, considering how little effort it is... and that's just the easy ones on the mainland. Some of the ones in San Fran you can pull 10 weapons to break down out of, some green.. that means 2-3 key codes easy. Plus of course script, XP, weapon skill raise, etc.

Diedel
04-19-2013, 01:32 AM
Yes they are. I get an average of four weapon drops from them, usually all white granted.. but break down four white, and you have enough ark salvage to afford a key code. Granted, not as good as the 4 it used to give, but still makes it worth the effort, considering how little effort it is... and that's just the easy ones on the mainland. Some of the ones in San Fran you can pull 10 weapons to break down out of, some green.. that means 2-3 key codes easy. Plus of course script, XP, weapon skill raise, etc.

And so does killing the same amount of Mobs anywhere else in the world, like a co-op or arkfall that also gives you keycodes in the end. They should add keycodes to all random Events based on the amoutn of tiume it takes to complete them, with no reward they can remove them otherwise.

Hperf
04-19-2013, 01:33 AM

This !
That's why I'm still doing it. But I guess that's not what people want.
People want : LOOT NOW NOW ! I WANT WHAT I PAID FOR NOW ! WHAT ? PLAY THE GAME ? NO NO I WANT ALL NOW !

Inflecto
04-19-2013, 01:34 AM
the average of 4 white item is rng some never gets it there for it is still not worth it. you might be lucky to get 1-2 but never 4. Dont overkill a statement just to high light something

Diedel
04-19-2013, 01:36 AM
the average of 4 white item is rng some never gets it there for it is still not worth it. you might be lucky to get 1-2 but never 4. Dont overkill a statement just to high light something

The amount of loot is also highly inflated by the loot boost we got, the 10% is very misleading ;)

Inflecto
04-19-2013, 01:38 AM
roads events are still not worth its even if you get thoes 4 white each time. mine 99 will still grant more faster.. loot and 2 keycode

Inflecto
04-19-2013, 01:45 AM

yeh sadly this isnt true. farmed san fan and other places to check the facts and the average white item drop is 1 for every 4-6 road events -.- either you found a bug or a place that has higher drop chance ( which is doubtfull since that dropchance will be insane high compared to the rest multiple times higher)

Arsenic_Touch
04-19-2013, 02:04 AM
The amount of loot is also highly inflated by the loot boost we got, the 10% is very misleading ;)

Indeed. Now that the boosts are gone, it's back to getting whites once in a while and anything higher almost never.

Arkental
04-19-2013, 02:22 AM
I still do them for the "Kill 5000 mobs with X weapon" pursuits. There are certainly more effective ways, but I can only stand staying in one spot for so long.

MTinMD
04-19-2013, 11:14 AM
I do them because

1) I get to run around and shoot things
2) I get XP
3) it is a source of Ark Resource from salvaging loot or collecting what drops from dead enemies

3rdpig
04-19-2013, 11:25 AM
I still do them when I'm not on specific missions, but not as often as I used to. And I tend to stick with the larger ones, not the "rescue the trapped farmer" type.

Unfortunately between the cheaters and car ***** Arkfalls are no longer as fun as they once were, and the number of drunk/stoned morons with foul mouths and mics have made coop missions less fun, but at least I can mute them. There's little I can do about the cheaters and car *****.

dharknite
04-19-2013, 11:36 AM
I never did them for the codes, I did for it for fun and to help level my BMG to 10. I don't go out of my way to do them, but since I drive instead fast travel, I do them when I see them.

jvp
04-19-2013, 12:24 PM
I used to stop for all of them, but just drive by them now.

The only exception would be if there were things there that I needed to kill for a pursuit or a daily/weekly.

Lamb
04-19-2013, 12:27 PM
drive by , boring :/