PDA

View Full Version : Tired of Being kicked by ****** bags!

BlueMoon
04-18-2013, 06:59 PM
I've tried...looked out for other players, heal & shoot like a mad man. Tried joining games lately?... *you've been kicked from the group*, why do they need leaders in those co-op games, why do they have that much power over who stays and who leaves...is it them or is it based on connection to a host? In other games people have to vote before a player is kicked out. It's not a Dr.Phil game we really don't have to talk about your problems, if I see you on the ground I will try my best to pick you up without getting killed myself it's that simple. Trion needs to rethink the leader of the group "issue" in Co-op and give the some of us a fighting chance, at least long enough to say F@%*you've been kicked from the forum*

Feeky53
04-18-2013, 07:05 PM
I've tried...looked out for other players, heal & shoot like a mad man. Tried joining games lately?... *you've been kicked from the group*, why do they need leaders in those co-op games, why do they have that much power over who stays and who leaves...is it them or is it based on connection to a host? In other games people have to vote before a player is kicked out. It's not a Dr.Phil game we really don't have to talk about your problems, if I see you on the ground I will try my best to pick you up without getting killed myself it's that simple. Trion needs to rethink the leader of the group "issue" in Co-op and give the some of us a fighting chance, at least long enough to say F@%*you've been kicked from the forum*

Hmm thats odd, I have been in about 30-40 random co-op's so far and have never been kicked once.
Could be the whole healing thing, I know i hate in randoms when someone starts healing its annoying and doesnt do **** really except make the place take longer...im probably wrong but thats just my 2 cents.

BlueMoon
04-18-2013, 07:19 PM
Hmm thats odd, I have been in about 30-40 random co-op's so far and have never been kicked once.
Could be the whole healing thing, I know i hate in randoms when someone starts healing its annoying and doesnt do **** really except make the place take longer...im probably wrong but thats just my 2 cents.

That's just it...I never actually make it to the group...they are several feet away. Didn't even get time to heal, healing is not even my priority, that's just something to keep the ******s standing long enough to win.

Maximus Prime
04-18-2013, 07:27 PM
I don't think we're playing the same game. Social aspect is not great and most of the time you only get "gg," at the end of the match... But being kicked from the group? Now, i'm not implying anything, but you're probably doing something "wrong," to earn that.
Get your shtako together man!

BlueMoon
04-18-2013, 07:30 PM
I don't think we're playing the same game. Social aspect is not great and most of the time you only get "gg," at the end of the match... But being kicked from the group? Now, i'm not implying anything, but you're probably doing something "wrong" to earn that.
Get your shtako together man!

Cool! for the reading impaired: I barely made a step before kicked... let me say it again lol since your slow: I barely made a step. Beyond this moment replying is just being ignorant. So have at it.

Maximus Prime
04-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Cool! for the reading impaired: I barely made a step before kicked... let me say it again lol since your slow: I barely made a step. Beyond this moment replying is just being ignorant. So have at it.

Got ya. If it happened once, what's the big deal? If it happens all the time to you... there obviously is more to "it."
Which is surprising, considering your charming attitude...

Roberto
04-18-2013, 07:35 PM
My friend has this problem sometimes. It is not the players it is possibly your connection. When my friend plays at my house he is usually fine, but he has a strict NAT at his house. I believe its what is causing the boot from coop maps.

Maximus Prime
04-18-2013, 07:40 PM
My friend has this problem sometimes. It is not the players it is possibly your connection. When my friend plays at my house he is usually fine, but he has a strict NAT at his house. I believe its what is causing the boot from coop maps.

That makes sense. There is nothing to be gained from kicking someone out of the instance, except another random... No option to invite friend instead.

Zodiac
04-18-2013, 07:41 PM
Healing in Co-Op maps? I have yet to see this happen.

brute
04-18-2013, 07:47 PM
no hes right people are kicking yesterday i joined a exp 101 coop there were 3 clan members in there. when u joined they would send u a clan invite if u dident join them they would kick u out of the mission. tried like 4 times thru out the day to join they were always in there lol pretty dirty way to recruit..

Roberto
04-18-2013, 07:48 PM
A few of my clan members do it. Also is a nifty way to lower shields on enemies and complete the coops faster.

BlueMoon
04-18-2013, 07:52 PM
no hes right people are kicking yesterday i joined a exp 101 coop there were 3 clan members in there. when u joined they would send u a clan invite if u dident join them they would kick u out of the mission. tried like 4 times thru out the day to join they were always in there lol pretty dirty way to recruit..

MY NAT is set to open, sometimes I'm lucky enough not to get in a "clan" game and get the boot for not being a fellow ****** bag ....That's the part that sucks.

StanleyPain
04-18-2013, 08:13 PM
I've never been kicked, but I do notice a tendency for people around 800 Ego power and up seem to think they're godlike or something and they just wade into enemies and get killed constantly. I was one map with a 900 something level player while myself and others were around 400 and he basically just ran through the whole map by himself (or herself) aggroing everything and basically dying more times than I can count. Not sure why anyone would do this since it has no clear advantage. It's not like you can steal loot or anything. I got used to this crap in games like PSO where people could take items, but why do it here?

Phantomsiren
04-18-2013, 08:31 PM
Sometimes the people who do the kicking aren't the d.ouche bags. As many pointed out, sometimes there are reasons. The biggest reason I see when someone gets kicked is when we are right at the end of the instance where you need to step into the circle together to continue and suddenly one person will decide to park themselves a few feet from it and appear to be gone from their controller. If you can't give a reason in the chat window why you suddenly had to go stationary, then it's not right to make three other people wait however long for you to come back. Another reason you may get kicked as I have seen people just chill in the back and the rest of the group work their butt off to progress in the instance and the one person decides they are to lazy or whatever to help. One final reason that pisses me off is you have to have that one special guy RUSH through the instance at lightning speed not waiting for the group to progress normally. I mean take enemies with him and just screw up the ability to kill enemies and sometimes break the instance because the enemies that were following him will give up and run back to their normal potions in the instance. Rushing doesn't make you a good player, it makes you look like an idiot.

N3C70V01D
04-18-2013, 08:52 PM

You known that after you finished a co-op mission and if you stayed in the group NOT joining the leader in another match will prompt a msg of You've Been Kicked From The Group! I noticed that it happens.In the few co-op missions i've had i've met pretty decent players.

BlueMoon
04-18-2013, 09:19 PM
Sometimes the people who do the kicking aren't the d.ouche bags. As many pointed out, sometimes there are reasons. The biggest reason I see when someone gets kicked is when we are right at the end of the instance where you need to step into the circle together to continue and suddenly one person will decide to park themselves a few feet from it and appear to be gone from their controller. If you can't give a reason in the chat window why you suddenly had to go stationary, then it's not right to make three other people wait however long for you to come back. Another reason you may get kicked as I have seen people just chill in the back and the rest of the group work their butt off to progress in the instance and the one person decides they are to lazy or whatever to help. One final reason that pisses me off is you have to have that one special guy RUSH through the instance at lightning speed not waiting for the group to progress normally. I mean take enemies with him and just screw up the ability to kill enemies and sometimes break the instance because the enemies that were following him will give up and run back to their normal potions in the instance. Rushing doesn't make you a good player, it makes you look like an idiot.

Those are both valid reasons to kick, I'm talking about the person kicked way before a word is said..or even a chance to move.

GodSpark
04-19-2013, 04:34 AM
A few of my clan members do it. Also is a nifty way to lower shields on enemies and complete the coops faster.

That is incredibly freaking lame. If they can't get a full 4 then they should either not do the co-op run, or just suck it up and roll with a random. Constantly booting people is rude, tacky, and stupid. And abusing it so the mobs are marginally weaker is simply asinine. Just thinking about it makes me want to kick your clan members in sensitive spots.

loops73
04-19-2013, 04:41 AM
I kicked a guy last night,because he was not helping us at all,he was standing way back waiting for us to clear mobs then moving up.I don't mind running some noob,but at least try to help!

Cl Chaos
04-19-2013, 04:50 AM

maybe people just hate you or think they have to many in group as is or your ego to low or high etc. ive not been kicked from a group yet it dont matter if im afk for 15 mins or if im not healing anyone or w.e u just got bad luck lol join a clan

Unknown
04-19-2013, 04:55 AM
I kicked a guy last night,because he was not helping us at all,he was standing way back waiting for us to clear mobs then moving up.I don't mind running some noob,but at least try to help!

Has to be said... but sure he wasn't a sniper? I do both the things that annoy a lot of people... either
A) sit back and snipe at maximum range which makes it look like i'm doing sweet f/a unless people actually notice heads exploding in-front of them or
B) Cloak run ahead get to a nice spot where I know i have tactical advantage whilst the rest of the team clears out that area then I'm in position and ready to take out most of the next area as soon as they are entering it...

Explosions 101 is a good example of having high sniping spots far away from the rest of your team but creates some great line of site and arcs of fire that can easily take out targets before they even get to fire a single shot.

As people have said there are bugs still floating around in the co-op system. I've had it numerous times zoning into 101 where there is nothing at all or where you join a group but the ui doesn't auto join you into the party. So yeah there is a chance it's a bug, there's a chance it's a clan kicking you, or there may be another reason altogether. If it's only happening when trying to join a random co-op try selecting a specific one from the menu to enter or vice versa.

DonWII
04-19-2013, 05:52 AM

You're so charming and mature....why would anyone boot you.

RoG Goat
04-19-2013, 05:58 AM
Usually when I get kicked, its because they were already in a group.

But, I CAN see how some child could find it hilarious to kick people for no reason when he figures out he's party leader.
I don't know why there ISNT a voting feature.

mushinwolf
04-19-2013, 06:09 AM
On the one co-op ive tried so far,if i hadnt been packing my BMG the whole team (EGO500+) would have died after a very short period,WAY to gung-ho!
Sounds like OP either had misfortune of bad group,or dodgy connection.

Armoredslayer
04-19-2013, 06:49 AM
I have been kicked as well, a few times and it was right after the mission started like the op, you take a few steps, you get a message you been kicked from group, move another step and then you have been kicked from mission.. I don't find that a connection problem. They need to fix that so you cant get kicked by groups in those co op missions unless they make it private, that's different.

Barrik
04-19-2013, 06:53 AM

So Idle Hands Clan has jerks in it, check.

Durva360
04-19-2013, 06:53 AM
I will kick someone who is being useless, not shooting, running in circles, or standing at the start just to make the coop mission take longer.

Chaos 915
04-19-2013, 10:59 PM
I only get kicked when I try to grind my BMG levels.
Would it kill them to boost the BMG's damage a bit, or add some elements besides the useless snare effect, just so people don't kick you for being less useful than an infector user. That or boost it's xp gains/ reduce required xp. Maybe add BMGs that only cause damge.

Trion needs to balance it better, if only to make me feel less useless.

Michifornian
04-19-2013, 11:02 PM
So Idle Hands Clan has jerks in it, check.

So does Third Echelon, if you couldn't tell by Durva360's posts. He's a T O O L.

iCoNiC_Waly
04-19-2013, 11:05 PM

I like the fact that a leader can kick idlers or people who don't help the group, but I do think you might be having a bad run at the CooP system. I haven't been kicked from a group once and find most groups pretty enjoyable.

If you feel that some people are still being ******s, you can shoot me a friend request at WalleTheCreator on live for some CooPs.

ShiMoShinkenFry
04-19-2013, 11:05 PM
I did not even realise you could kick or be kicked. o.o