PDA

View Full Version : WTF Are Contracts?

WNxTyr4el
04-18-2013, 07:25 PM
Title says it all, lol. I'm new to the game and still learning and hear a lot about contracts now. What are they and what rewards do they give?

Natjur
04-18-2013, 07:35 PM
When you get to 250 ego, you get a new automatic quest type (you just auto furfil it when you kill the right mobs)

Completing them allows you to buy new weapons from special faction based vendors. If you hit F2 (on PC) you can see the contracts listed next to pursuits

Each one gives some exp towards that faction and some faction currency

For more details go here
http://www.etaew.net/defiance/contracts.php

WNxTyr4el
04-19-2013, 04:29 AM
When you get to 250 ego, you get a new automatic quest type (you just auto furfil it when you kill the right mobs)

Completing them allows you to buy new weapons from special faction based vendors. If you hit F2 (on PC) you can see the contracts listed next to pursuits

Each one gives some exp towards that faction and some faction currency

For more details go here
http://www.etaew.net/defiance/contracts.php

Ohhh, okay! Not quite there yet. Almost!

dirtyklingon
04-19-2013, 07:06 AM
they're just dailies and weeklies for rep vendor currency.

there's no rep like in the wow clone sense, just currency.

you don't need to fully complete contracts to get a reward. you will get a partial reward for partially completed contracts.

Yenkin
04-19-2013, 08:33 AM
LOL that was my reaction, until someone said hit J and then look at contracts, most games these would be considered Dailies weeklies and monthlies. You get faction points and you can then spend them at various supply places.

dirtyklingon
04-19-2013, 08:34 AM
they literally are dailies/weeklies. that's what dailies/weeklies are.

just because they're auto assigned and turned in, and same for everyone doesn't make them less so.

Ashnon
04-19-2013, 11:03 AM
they're just dailies and weeklies for rep vendor currency.

there's no rep like in the wow clone sense, just currency.

you don't need to fully complete contracts to get a reward. you will get a partial reward for partially completed contracts.

Wait, what?? Are you serious you get partial rewards for partial completion? That's awesome. Due to my play times I have sometimes only been able to get 100 of 150 skitterling arses or whatever. Knowing that wasn't a complete waste makes me happy.