PDA

View Full Version : All games have launch issues.

fragilefox
04-18-2013, 07:48 PM
There - now we've all seen it. Now we are all, each and every one of us, well aware that games have issues at launch. And, if you're reading this, I hope you're now well aware that each and every one of us has the right to complain to our heart's content about the bugs and the hacks and the general computational clusterfxck that is Defiance - this means you can STOP POSTING IT when someone takes issue with the game's issues. I, personally, won't be touching this again until it dies or sorts itself out; too many headaches.

What d'you guys think? Who's in it for the long haul and who's ready to hang up their guns?

Ikagawa
04-18-2013, 07:50 PM
Who's in it for the long haul and who's ready to hang up their guns?

You could always do both.

fragilefox
04-18-2013, 07:52 PM

A wise insight.

axiod
04-18-2013, 07:54 PM
im going to stick around and see how it turns out. I enjoy the game and yet it is boring. It could use some diversity quest wise.. some coop maps allowing bigger groups.. bigger deathmatch groups and maps. This is all my opinion and maybe not trions goal.

Steve3D
04-18-2013, 07:54 PM
http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/attachments/11c455t-jpg.22708/

Schwa
04-18-2013, 07:55 PM
Rift's launch made a mockery of this game's launch. I came to expect a higher level of quality from Trion, and I had every reason to expect that higher level of quality in Defiance.

Now Trion's just another company in a long list of "eh, play it after launch" MMO publishers. I'll play Defiance as long as it holds my attention, but that attention is only surface-deep for now.

CharmCitysKing
04-18-2013, 07:57 PM
There - now we've all seen it. Now we are all, each and every one of us, well aware that games have issues at launch. And, if you're reading this, I hope you're now well aware that each and every one of us has the right to complain to our heart's content about the bugs and the hacks and the general computational clusterfxck that is Defiance - this means you can STOP POSTING IT when someone takes issue with the game's issues. I, personally, won't be touching this again until it dies or sorts itself out; too many headaches.

What d'you guys think? Who's in it for the long haul and who's ready to hang up their guns?

Just so you know its going on week 4 and the game is still trash.

CharmCitysKing
04-18-2013, 07:58 PM
im going to stick around and see how it turns out. I enjoy the game and yet it is boring. It could use some diversity quest wise.. some coop maps allowing bigger groups.. bigger deathmatch groups and maps. This is all my opinion and maybe not trions goal.

IF THEY WOULD JUST ADD NEW WEEKLY EPISODE MISSIONS TO TIE INTO THE SHOW THIS GAME WOULD BE EPIC, JUST LIKE HOW 363 DID WITH HALO 4'S SPARTAN OPS. But It doesnt look like any of that fun stuff is gonna happen. We only had 5 Episode Missions Pre-Show and that was it. That was our tie in with the show!

Booshy
04-18-2013, 08:01 PM

After a few weeks I haven't seen much as far as progress with bugs, and there are still a LOT in the game and a lot that are very troublesome (how does the winner of the shadow war being made the loser and vice versa bug still exist?) and the disconnect issue is driving me insane.

Bugs aside, the content is just really REALLY thin. I'm almost done with all the missions and challenges now, and I have no interest in endlessly grinding ego levels or pursuits. So yeah, I'll probably just pop in every now and then for the content released in between episodes. If the tv show wasn't as good as it was I would leave this game in the dust in a heartbeat.

axiod
04-18-2013, 08:02 PM
Rift's launch made a mockery of this game's launch. I came to expect a higher level of quality from Trion, and I had every reason to expect that higher level of quality in Defiance.

I agree 100%.. I believe they had such issues due to the show premier date and it being released for ALL platforms the same day. Still no excuse for bugs that should have been fixed pre release imo though.