PDA

View Full Version : Time Trials: I'm feeling cheated

Lachlan
04-18-2013, 07:55 PM
Believe me when I say that I am having a blast with Defiance. However, recently I've been struggling on the time trials for the vehicle pursuits. The problem is every time I hit the finish line, the game adds an extra 2-3 seconds to the clock, making it practically impossible for me to get a gold medal. I'll finished at 0:52 and the race report will say 0:55.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the connection. Will it ever go away? Is there anything I can do to fix this or do I just have to work really hard to compensate for those extra seconds?

Feel free to give me some driving tips too.

Lurcheus
04-18-2013, 08:23 PM
Yeah that really is the hardest part of beating the time trials. I have been working on some guides/tips for them though if you'd care to check it out. Assuming by 52 seconds you mean the Bloodbath Run race.

Bloodbath Run (http://youtu.be/PvD5O-mbQL8)
But either way here are some tips that I use to cut off some time:

1: Cut them corners!
2: Avoid bumps and ramps jumps if possible.
3: Boost when landing from jumps
4: Avoid landing on flat ground, try to hit slight slopes if possible.
5: Don't let boost be full, but it is still ok to save it for uphill/tight corners.

mice
04-18-2013, 08:34 PM
The REAL way to get around this issue is to do your races soon after a server restart. No 'race lag' then. You can tell when it's going to add the time at the end because it actually adds it at the front... You get on your quad and sit for 3 or 4 seconds before the 3,2,1 countdown lets you go, but the race ACTUALLY started 3 seconds after you get on the quad.
After a restart, as soon as you start the race it starts the 3,2,1 with no delay. After half a day or so the lag comes back :(

Zoridium JackL
04-18-2013, 08:35 PM
I had this, it was fine for all but the first two races, I just couldn't get a low enough time to beat the added seconds, I don't know what causes it and I don't think it's the connection.

but if it's any comfort know this, it fixed itself for me yesterday so it might just be something you have to wait out, although I hear if you contact support about it they might be able to credit you any medals you where cheated out of.