PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed the Devs have quieted down since 2nd week of launch?

CharmCitysKing
04-18-2013, 07:55 PM
Cause they are realizing this game is failing faster than they can think. Its terrible. Im upset and I truely honestly from my heart feel sorry for them. This game HAD a future but with no new Episode Missions to tie the game in with the show, this game WILL FAIL before it even has a chance.

Eagle7D8
04-18-2013, 07:57 PM
It will not fail but yes I have noticed the devs talking less to fans. They used to answer questions on twitter but I've been asking a lot on twitter with no response.

Jammylambo
04-18-2013, 07:59 PM
yeh i did wonder about the episode missions , i was under the impression wed have a week after the episode airs to play the episodes in game , episode monday-game update tuesday ect ect ect. guess not :'(

Vesperascit
04-18-2013, 07:59 PM
OMG doomsayers talking about how the brand new MMO is failing because of X or Y reason O.O

I have never seen this before in every single mmo forum shortly after the launch of the game /sarcasm

CharmCitysKing
04-18-2013, 08:00 PM
IF THEY WOULD JUST ADD NEW WEEKLY EPISODE MISSIONS TO TIE INTO THE SHOW THIS GAME WOULD BE EPIC, JUST LIKE HOW 343i DID WITH HALO 4'S SPARTAN OPS.
But It doesnt look like any of that fun stuff is gonna happen.
We only had 5 Episode Missions Pre-Show and that was it. That was our tie in with the show!

Ensu
They're busy.

Devs be devving, yo.

CharmCitysKing
OMG doomsayers talking about how the brand new MMO is failing because of X or Y reason O.O

I have never seen this before in every single mmo forum shortly after the launch of the game /sarcasm

HEY BUD ITS GOING ON WEEK 4 and STILL is in Beta...you know nothing

Verios44
I read somewhere, dont remember where that episode missions are on hold until the major bugs are ironed out.

Schwa
04-18-2013, 08:01 PM
I imagine Trion isn't used to handling this level of negative reaction. Their previous game launched at such high quality it sold itself, but this game is not going to be a walk in the park to get off the ground.

CharmCitysKing
I read somewhere, dont remember where that episode missions are on hold until the major bugs are ironed out.

PFFFFFT!!!! bahahahah what a load of ****...thats like saying how the family guy episode about boston was a hoax haha

Taaltos
Cause they are realizing this game is failing faster than they can think. Its terrible. Im upset and I truely honestly from my heart feel sorry for them. This game HAD a future but with no new Episode Missions to tie the game in with the show, this game WILL FAIL before it even has a chance.

What?

Dev's quiet? I spent 4 hours sorting through over 50+ questions they answered from players yesterday.

That's definitely not quiet.

I'd rather they be working on the game anyhow.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?42431-Raptr-Q-amp-A-Here-s-some-questions-and-answers-from-the-Defiance-team.

CharmCitysKing
04-18-2013, 08:02 PM
I imagine Trion isn't used to handling this level of negative reaction. Their previous game launched at such high quality it sold itself, but this game is not going to be a walk in the park to get off the ground.

They are giving up...just read some of the Devs twitters...none of them are talking about how hard at work they are trying to fix this game...I dont even see the Blogs anymore that the Main dude was puttting out the 1st couple days post launch...

Moonshadow Dark
04-18-2013, 08:04 PM
The show JUST premiered this Monday and we got one tune up patch. Hold your horses. It's not that easy to create game content, especially MMO content in a single week. Just go read some fan fiction or something. The content is gonna come, and I'd rather it be fine tuned than rushed out.

Sarin

^ This.

Have you guys never played an MMO before? It's ALWAYS quiet right after release, they've got a HUGE amount of work to get done. Don't forget that the amount of players in game is magnitudes higher than beta which means magnitudes more support tickets, bug lodgements etc that are getting put through, they need to work through this and it takes time. While yes, they could do more on the PR front, that's pretty much always the case with any game, plus Trion have never been that amazing when it comes to talking to the community but they've still done really well with Rift.

I personally work in IT and after every major deployment we expect we're going to be under the pump pushing out fixes and patches, we don't have the time to constantly talk to our clients because things keep changing.

Cut them some slack, if you hear nothing good in a month (which we have, a patch with fixes and a teeny bit of content) then you have free right to complain.

CharmCitysKing
What?

Dev's quiet? I spent 4 hours sorting through over 50+ questions they answered from players yesterday.

That's definitely not quiet.

I'd rather they be working on the game anyhow.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?42431-Raptr-Q-amp-A-Here-s-some-questions-and-answers-from-the-Defiance-team.

All those answers were them just beating around the bush. They arent going to improve anythign with this game. And to get new missions (which will probalby consist of 10 MAX, will be ONLY avail. in the DLC) which i will NOT be buying unless some INSANELY AWESOME God comes down from the games heven and brings everyone back together liek day 1

rawberry
04-18-2013, 08:07 PM
I imagine the devs aren't sitting around wondering how to reply to threads riddled with "omg dude like your game sucks and is gonna fail!" They have better **** to do.

CharmCitysKing
04-18-2013, 08:08 PM
^ This.

Have you guys never played an MMO before? It's ALWAYS quiet right after release, they've got a HUGE amount of work to get done. Don't forget that the amount of players in game is magnitudes higher than beta which means magnitudes more support tickets, bug lodgements etc that are getting put through, they need to work through this and it takes time. While yes, they could do more on the PR front, that's pretty much always the case with any game, plus Trion have never been that amazing when it comes to talking to the community but they've still done really well with Rift.

I personally work in IT and after every major deployment we expect we're going to be under the pump pushing out fixes and patches, we don't have the time to constantly talk to our clients because things keep changing.

Cut them some slack, if you hear nothing good in a month (which we have, a patch with fixes and a teeny bit of content) then you have free right to complain.

ITS BEEN 4 WEEKS!!!!! sicne the game came out + there BETA WEEKS!! And thhis game is STILL playing like it was in BETA. For the 1st 4 days this game was out I was playing 12 hours straight a day...Guess how much I play now? maybe 30 minutes lol. ITs just sooooooooo boring...When u have everything done, what else is there to do to keep u motivated and going...U obviously cant work to make your character a Beast considering there is NO stats.

Schwa
04-18-2013, 08:17 PM
ITS BEEN 4 WEEKS!!!!! sicne the game came out + there BETA WEEKS!! And thhis game is STILL playing like it was in BETA. For the 1st 4 days this game was out I was playing 12 hours straight a day...Guess how much I play now? maybe 30 minutes lol. ITs just sooooooooo boring...When u have everything done, what else is there to do to keep u motivated and going...U obviously cant work to make your character a Beast considering there is NO stats.

The lack of stats is no issue. The lack of content more difficult (in a skill-based, rather than stat-based game) than Dark Matter is the issue.

Colteran
04-18-2013, 08:19 PM

For someone looking for something to do, you sure do troll around and post useless **** a lot instead of more productive outlets.

Ensu
04-18-2013, 08:21 PM

I'm guessing you don't have BiS perks, weapons and mods. But sure, you're done.

CharmCitysKing
04-18-2013, 08:21 PM
For someone looking for something to do, you sure do troll around and post useless **** a lot instead of more productive outlets.

theres nothign good to post about this game. (anymore) its trash.

Dirt Nap
04-18-2013, 08:22 PM
Look at the Bugs/Issues report forum and then you'll find out why they're not posting on the forums all day.

Schwa
04-18-2013, 08:23 PM
Look at the Bugs/Issues report forum and then you'll find out why they're not posting on the forums all day.

That excuses the actual developers, but not the community team.

Moonshadow Dark

Dude, I think he's telling you to get off the forums and do something else with your life.

Unrelated note: Cass is a freaking fox.

Colteran

Mind explaining why in the world you would be getting raged about topics concerning the game if you hate it anyways? This will be interesting.

Schwa
04-18-2013, 08:24 PM
Dude, I think he's telling you to get off the forums and do something else with your life.

People complain about Cass, but she's my favorite characters in the series-- TV or game. Her getting the monolith in one of the missions is one of the greatest moments of Defiance.

Tiibalt
04-18-2013, 08:26 PM
Its really very simple. If u don't like the game quit playing. Then after that quit posting all negative things here unless its constructive. As far as the devs not responding as much, I'd have to say you eventually give up appeasing whiners.

CharmCitysKing
04-18-2013, 08:27 PM

LMao me?!?! that goes for you too. Im just being real. Yall are just being nerds

Moonshadow Dark
04-18-2013, 08:27 PM
People complain about Cass, but she's my favorite characters in the series-- TV or game. Her getting the monolith in one of the missions is one of the greatest moments of Defiance.

I haven't gotten that far yet, so ease up on the spoiler talk, but I agree. She is the coolest, next to Irisa. I really hope they find a decent actress to portray her on the series in a flashback or something.

LMao me?!?! that goes for you too. Im just being real. Yall are just being nerds

You're not being real. You're just being sad. We're here because we enjoy the game. You're here because you have nothing else to do with your Thursday night.

I mean, if you are done with this game, why hang around the forums? Why not just go to forums for games you enjoy? Or go hang out with your friends? Or significant other?

JMadFour
04-18-2013, 08:28 PM

yeah you are absolutely right.

there is absolutely no reason to post anything or make anymore threads about this horrible, horrible game anymore.

GuruChaz
04-18-2013, 08:29 PM

Maybe they are just busy trying to save it and working on more patches. If it does fail, I'll never buy another MMO until AFTER I hear collective reviews and I will never pre-order. I stopped pre-ordering anything from EA because they are just a bunch of leeches for subpar games.

Cynical Jester
04-18-2013, 08:33 PM

So you know exactly what they are thinking now? What awe inspired power do you have and where can i get it? I'm glad your upset.. plenty of other happy people, myself included....

Why feel sorry for them? I'm sure they are doing just fine.. They already got your money!!! HAHA!!! Just means I'll ultimately get the better experience while you go watch My Little Pony or whatever it is you cocksuckers do.

They had pursuits to tie into the first PILOT episode... You obviously don't care about lore or the show at all... The data recorders contained answers that people have been asking... they featured the amistice festival or whatever it's called.. Still.. Can't make every dip **** happy...

Bet your the same kind of guy that was right on board for the world ending in 2k12... "But you know Mom.. they might just be right" Cause you are obviously not mature enough to live on your own no matter your age... Your parents have to still cater to you...

Now... off you go.. shoo.. back to the festering hole you crawled out of..

So sick of these post... Use search and contribute to the other ones so I don't have to hear the SAME EXACT whiny bastards post again in this thread you stupid ****.

Colteran
04-18-2013, 08:34 PM
I haven't gotten that far yet, so ease up on the spoiler talk, but I agree. She is the coolest, next to Irisa. I really hope they find a decent actress to portray her on the series in a flashback or something.

You're not being real. You're just being sad. We're here because we enjoy the game. You're here because you have nothing else to do with your Thursday night.

I mean, if you are done with this game, why hang around the forums? Why not just go to forums for games you enjoy? Or go hang out with your friends? Or significant other?

It's kind of hilarious. If you watch his Youtube video pertaining to un-boxing his Collector's Edition, he calls all of the people complaining on the forums over the game's (bad) quality "nerds" and "******s". Yep, he is just as pathetic and idiotic as he portrays himself here. I would say he is being pretty "real".

Cynical Jester
04-18-2013, 08:35 PM
Mind explaining why in the world you would be getting raged about topics concerning the game if you hate it anyways? This will be interesting.

and this!! You seem(OP)(many of you)(Triple parenthesis for the win!) awfully patient about the game you supposedly hate and continue to make the same damn post and never go away like a ****ing **** roach using the latest hacks.

Cutlass Jack
04-18-2013, 08:37 PM

If by 'Quieted Down' you mean answer 18+ pages worth of player questions then yes. See for yourself. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?42431-Raptr-Q-amp-A-Here-s-some-questions-and-answers-from-the-Defiance-team.)

Cynical Jester

Anymore? So it was good and now its not? lol? No life? Burnt out from playing a trillion hours a day? What is it? No where to wave your e-peen sword around? Can't support one of the best shooters since.. uh.. forever.. Maybe because its not an MMO first and you didn't read the fine print?

Whats your moms numbers? Need to ask her where she put your pacifier.

Schwa
Maybe they are just busy trying to save it and working on more patches. If it does fail, I'll never buy another MMO until AFTER I hear collective reviews and I will never pre-order. I stopped pre-ordering anything from EA because they are just a bunch of leeches for subpar games.

That's the source of the highest praise and the most damning insult I can give Trion. I trusted them after the Rift launch to release a quality, stable game with an exhausting array of content (praise) but they completely let me and themselves down with the cluster**** of the Defiance launch.

I'm back to waiting for reviews for Trion's next game. I used to consider Trion publishing Archeage a positive, but now I'm not so sure.

Oberon
04-18-2013, 08:41 PM
In the last 2.5 years I don't know one MMO based game that hasn't launched which huge amount of bugs, not enough content and amazing amount of people complaining. This is a good game. Could it be better? Yes. Will it, in time hopefully. I also don't know one game (except Secret World - 1st 3 months) that actually talked to the community constantly. They are busy trying to fix the game.

Sonic Rain Boom
04-18-2013, 08:41 PM
Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.

Thank you!