PDA

View Full Version : Strange support email from Trion?

Erisandra
03-18-2013, 02:54 PM
Anyone happen to get a strange 'purchase has failed' email from Trion? It came out of nowhere, didnt state what exactly the 'purchase' was supposed to be either.

Dead_Phoenix
03-18-2013, 02:54 PM
Anyone happen to get a strange 'purchase has failed' email from Trion? It came out of nowhere, didnt state what exactly the 'purchase' was supposed to be either.

have you ever bort or pre-ordered anything from them?

Valethar
03-18-2013, 02:56 PM
I'd go make sure your account is secure. Don't follow ANY links in that email, go to the site directly instead.

Could be a phishing email trying to scam your account credentials. Probably wouldn't hurt to update your AV and run a scan, then go change your password to be sure.

Erisandra
03-18-2013, 02:57 PM
Yes I have a Rift account thats not active but i havent purchase anything in ages for that account.

Dead_Phoenix
03-18-2013, 02:58 PM
Yes I have a Rift account thats not active but i havent purchase anything in ages for that account.

yea sounds dodgy to me., id at least go in and change your pass word if were you, maybe check recent purchases to see if someone hacked in and bought stuff from your account

Erisandra
03-18-2013, 03:03 PM
I did, nothing showing up on purchase list. Also in the email it reads like this

Greetings from Trion Worlds:
There was an error in processing your order, (name). You have not been charged by Trion Worlds for the following items:
Order items:

- Date of order: March 18, 2013, 6:20:58 PM (UTC)

Notice there's nothing under Order items. I wonder if it was a system glitch. Or if they're sending out console beta codes and its messing up.

Dead_Phoenix
03-18-2013, 03:08 PM
weird. id still change my password anyway for good measure.

Defy
03-18-2013, 03:15 PM
Try PMing user: Mur

he got that email too a while back ask him what it was

ThanatosPa
03-18-2013, 03:28 PM
I did, nothing showing up on purchase list. Also in the email it reads like this

Greetings from Trion Worlds:
There was an error in processing your order, (name). You have not been charged by Trion Worlds for the following items:
Order items:

- Date of order: March 18, 2013, 6:20:58 PM (UTC)

Notice there's nothing under Order items. I wonder if it was a system glitch. Or if they're sending out console beta codes and its messing up.
you are being phished. dont click on anything except "delete". Then check your Trion account, then if there is an issue you initiate contact. They do this with blizzard and WOW and D3 saying they blocked you account and click here to fix it blah blah blah....
just dont click any links.

ThanatosPa
03-18-2013, 03:28 PM
weird. id still change my password anyway for good measure.

do that too.