PDA

View Full Version : After 3 weeks of Defiance does anyone regret buying it?

Jonnina
04-18-2013, 09:14 PM
My personal opinion is yes
I love the show and the potential this game carries but the hype syfy and Trion fed the community was very deceitful and far from the truth. The game just feels like a poor half baked mess that was used to promote the show. Im not sure whos fault it was to rush things but this game should definitely not have been released for at least another year. My opinion is syfy has rushed Trion into releasing this before it was ready and if the reviews are anything to go by, Trions reputation has took a major blow

IGears
04-18-2013, 09:18 PM
I love the show and the potential this game carries but the hype syfy and Trion fed the community was very deceitful and far from the truth. The game just feels like a poor half baked mess that was used to promote the show. Im not sure whos fault it was to rush things but this game should definitely not have been released for at least another year. My opinion is syfy has rushed Trion into releasing this before it was ready and if the reviews are anything to go by, Trions reputation has took a major blow

im alittle disappointed... but im committed to it now for the year at least with the season pass... so hopefully things will get better for everyone. time will tell.

Jonnina
04-18-2013, 09:18 PM
The only content as of late to coexist with the show is clicking on lanterns and not being able to complete the pursuit....and butchering the game furthermore with the latest patch

One step forward, two steps back from Trion

chefwhitey
04-18-2013, 09:19 PM

My biggest regret is telling all my friends to get this game. I thought this was going to be the next big game. I didn't realize at the time that this game was going to lack in content, and the dev were going to nerf the fun out of the game 2 weeks after the release! This game is not going to take off and will be a flop in the up and coming months if the devs dont get there **** together!

Schwa
No, but I do regret buying the season pass.

Gohlar
I regret buying.

chefwhitey
04-18-2013, 09:20 PM
im alittle disappointed... but im committed to it now for the year at least with the season pass... so hopefully things will get better for everyone. time will tell.

LOL, when the DLC hits all you are going to do is play for 2 days and you wont have any content left. If the main game take less than a week to complete the dlc has to be shorter!

Barrik
04-18-2013, 09:20 PM
The only content as of late to coexist with the show is clicking on lanterns and not being able to complete the pursuit....and butchering the game furthermore with the latest patch

One step forward, two steps back from Trion

Just because you didn't notice the multiple references to things that happened in the game on the show doesn't mean they didn't happen. Do some research before saying uninformed things like that. Makes any future statement you make become suspect.

Ikagawa
04-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Nope. It's given me a game to play for the past couple of weeks so it's paid itself off game-time wise.

Night Hawke
I could go into a log post about how i like the game have faith in trion and believe this game will get better with time, but that i also clearly see and recognize the problems it has now and how i'm frustrated with some of the decisions coming out of the trion offices right now, but instead i'll hit you with a nice run on sentence and then answer.

simple answer, no.

Heavyarms
Honestly no I'm not I am having fun with my friends and just messing around. Would I like to see more, yes, but that will come I hope they bring things out soon because they will lose interest of the player base, BUT the nice thing is you bought the game... and you don't have to pay a subscription fee so it's like any other single player game you can come back to it whenever you want.

chefwhitey
04-18-2013, 09:22 PM

AGREED!!!!!!!! I want my money back for the season pass! I bought it before I knew how little Content this game had to begin with!

Now I am telling my friends to not waste there money on this game!

Derity
I don't regret buying the game because I think I've already got my monies worth.

However, I do feel like the game could have been a lot better. It has all the ingredients to be something great, but at this moment in time Defiance has a long way to go to even be considered a game that I would recommend to friends, as I'm not sure everyone would agree that they got their monies worth.

Nmalthus
I regret buying.....

a couple T4 lock boxes but not the game.

Barrik
04-18-2013, 09:23 PM
My biggest regret is telling all my friends to get this game. I thought this was going to be the next big game. I didn't realize at the time that this game was going to lack in content, and the dev were going to nerf the fun out of the game 2 weeks after the release! This game is not going to take off and will be a flop in the up and coming months if the devs dont get there **** together!

LOL by ruined the fun pretty sure mr. one dimensional means taking his ability to farm keycodes away. I never did that in the first place. I enjoy doing all aspects. pvp probably the most especially now that shadow wars are comin up more often.

Cutlass Jack
No regrets. I've already got 70+ hours of play from a $60 dollar game. Which is a very good ratio compared to other recent games I've spent a similar amount on. Even if I never played another minute I got my money's worth.

Did not buy the season pass yet though. And no plans to do so until I see real information as to what they consider a DLC for it.

Anatol
no I dont regret it

Face Plant Mike
04-18-2013, 09:28 PM
Yes! Thank god I didnt buy the DLC pass...

chefwhitey
04-18-2013, 09:29 PM
LOL by ruined the fun pretty sure mr. one dimensional means taking his ability to farm keycodes away. I never did that in the first place. I enjoy doing all aspects. pvp probably the most especially now that shadow wars are comin up more often.
I am talking about nerfing cars and weapons as well! These were the little things that made the game fun! But since I dont have any more content to play. All those little things add up fast. No point to play this game anymore until dlc release!

Thank god there are other great games to play right now! This game is boring the crap out of me with no new content and the lacking of!

And PvP isnt that good in this game compared to any title out there! Gears, Halo, Cod, Battlefield! Why would I play this crappy pvp over those!

JMadFour
04-18-2013, 09:30 PM
Nope. Not at all.

N3C70V01D
04-18-2013, 09:32 PM
Nah,i've got worst buys before and since it only cost me 43€,first MMO ever for xbox with no sub. fee,having fun with the roller making stunts all over Mt Tam - Marin,stop taking pursuits so serious just hanging around shooting **** ......

RadiantViper
04-18-2013, 09:37 PM
I was quite happy with my purchase until the patch broke more things than it fixed. Lost a lot of interest in playing this because I can't drive anymore without glitching my vehicle rank, and I can't do co-op or PvP without losing my clan boosts. They need to fix this ****, now.

Sarin
04-18-2013, 10:01 PM
I don't regret buying in the slightest.

I think it was worth my money, however I don't think COD: Black Ops 2 was worth my money.

At least this was different, a whole ton of lore to get into and the extra value of watching the show and being able to say "I GET THAT! I KNOW WHAT THAT'S IN REFERENCE TO!! ERMEGERD!!".

I'm a little upset by the lack of endgame content, normal dungeons ARE NOT endgame content. If you don't have Raids of some description then you don't have end game imo (don't f**king say ArkFalls or I'll slap you via TCP/IP).

The DLC I'm hoping will be substantial, Rift was a good example of a worthwhile DLC pack for Trion but I'm hesitant because Trion seem to have forgotten some major aspects of what made Rift good and solid at the start. (seriously where is the raid groups for Arkfalls...)

Schwa
04-18-2013, 10:05 PM
I don't regret buying in the slightest.

I think it was worth my money, however I don't think COD: Black Ops 2 was worth my money.

At least this was different, a whole ton of lore to get into and the extra value of watching the show and being able to say "I GET THAT! I KNOW WHAT THAT'S IN REFERENCE TO!! ERMEGERD!!".

I'm a little upset by the lack of endgame content, normal dungeons ARE NOT endgame content. If you don't have Raids of some description then you don't have end game imo (don't f**king say ArkFalls or I'll slap you via TCP/IP).

The DLC I'm hoping will be substantial, Rift was a good example of a worthwhile DLC pack for Trion but I'm hesitant because Trion seem to have forgotten some major aspects of what made Rift good and solid at the start. (seriously where is the raid groups for Arkfalls...)

Even if the instances were legitimately difficult, I wouldn't mind the "endgame" being limited to 4 players. The instances are by no definition difficult, though. None of them.

Considering how reliant this game is on voice, I'd actually prefer smaller endgame here-- seems more intimate, and yelling at a friend to snipe "that guy that has me pinned" has a unique appeal for the genre. Now? I just bmg the fool to death, since it doesn't matter what weapon I'm using or even if I'm applying tactics.

Arcuatio
04-18-2013, 10:06 PM
No regrets

Vilyn117
04-18-2013, 10:10 PM
Big time...

Larsmodeus
04-18-2013, 10:10 PM
I regret little, but Im still hopping that the game gets better with time. 3 out of 4 friends that bought this game have already stopped playing and moved on.

Steve3D
04-18-2013, 10:12 PM
Not even a little.

Warkaiser
04-18-2013, 10:15 PM
Not at all. Not just after 3 weeks live, but also a couple of months in alpha. Still having as much fun as I did back then. Is it the greatest game ever? Certainly not. It does have issues, some technical, some design based, and its not quite my ideal style of game. I would rate the game much better if it actually had more meaningful PvP. Not just instanced maps and Shadow Wars that have no impact on anything. Things like territory control and clan vs clan based competition that can actually change the game in some ways. Think kind of like Darkfall style control / politics but set in Defiance. Taking over & building up towns / bases, getting access to valuable resources, etc.

But aside from it lacking the meaningful PvP, its keeping me more entertained than 90% of MMOs to release in the past like 5 years. It's something that with a bit of work and dedication Trion's part and some needed improvements could turn into a really amazing game rather than just pretty good / good enough for now.

Sanguinesun
04-18-2013, 10:16 PM
Partially. As time goes on my regret increases due to their mishandling of so many issues. Fortunately I did not and as it stands will not buy the DLC.

NinthPrejudice
04-18-2013, 10:17 PM
I'm willing to give the Devs some more time to rectify all the problems with the game, but I must say I'm glad I didn't buy the season pass.

Sarin
04-18-2013, 10:17 PM
Even if the instances were legitimately difficult, I wouldn't mind the "endgame" being limited to 4 players. The instances are by no definition difficult, though. None of them.

Considering how reliant this game is on voice, I'd actually prefer smaller endgame here-- seems more intimate, and yelling at a friend to snipe "that guy that has me pinned" has a unique appeal for the genre. Now? I just bmg the fool to death, since it doesn't matter what weapon I'm using or even if I'm applying tactics.

Don't forget this game was advertised as being "highly social" and the trailers featured near 100 players running at a world boss. There's no coordination because we can't have raid groups, we're reliant on that horribly bad VoIP which usually involved people with open mics yelling at their kids. Most people I know mute area chat for that exact reason.

Trion made it big with Rift, part of what they are good at is huge events and a big fleshed out endgame, this is simply not evident in Defiance which is incredibly dissapointing for me as someone who has put too many hours into Rift.

I'd just like to see some well thought out content, the dungeons are fairly boring, very little to them and the landscape isn't exactly eyecatching by any stretch. It's just... a time sink..

ocktos
04-18-2013, 10:18 PM
lol i love how everyone jumps ship, its bin 3 weeks and 1 tv episode in. how can you cry, you shouldn't have bin no-life-ing the game when it first came out, nor should have you expected that much interaction between show/game while it was the "pilot" episode.... does anyone not understand that the " pilot " was most likely filmed a year in advance before it was given a green light for a season.. how many times have we all seen that same episode over and over from E3 to PAX to every single event they went to show off the product / concept? really give it some time, so many QQ's over nothing.

Schwa
04-18-2013, 10:19 PM
Don't forget this game was advertised as being "highly social" and the trailers featured near 100 players running at a world boss. There's no coordination because we can't have raid groups, we're reliant on that horribly bad VoIP which usually involved people with open mics yelling at their kids. Most people I know mute area chat for that exact reason.

Trion made it big with Rift, part of what they are good at is huge events and a big fleshed out endgame, this is simply not evident in Defiance which is incredibly dissapointing for me as someone who has put too many hours into Rift.

I'd just like to see some well thought out content, the dungeons are fairly boring, very little to them and the landscape isn't exactly eyecatching by any stretch. It's just... a time sink..

I absolutely agree with you. Arguably an extremely difficult (which this game needs) 4-man instance could be more intimate and social in this type of game than a 10-man raid with one person talking.

I want us to plan out a mission, figure out who's doing the sniping, who's handling the explosives, and who's handling the front line. Then continue to call out when I need assistance, or when I notice something incoming. They might make things bigger with more players, but they wouldn't necessarily make them better.

If they don't want tanks/healers, that's fine-- they've got to provide the encounters that negate these tactics. While still being a ***** to complete, yet impossible to zerg as we see now.

The 4-man instance (expert level, I guess) I'm hoping for would be impossible to do without communication. Completely, utterly impossible. Clan or premade only.

DamianThorn
04-18-2013, 10:29 PM
Nope,no regrets.
I have friends I group up with (some who recently bought the game) and help them along...I've been playing since launch,and see no let up in sight.

Frostlight
04-18-2013, 10:30 PM
Not even remotely close to regretting my purchase. If I regret anything, it's not getting the Ultimate Edition.

DaMaJaDiZ
04-18-2013, 10:35 PM
I don't regret buying it. I've had fun so far. I've had my moneys and times worth of it occupying my mind space, so I have no buyers remorse. I also knew that it would be a gamble to get in on this so early. Part of that was to see how it develops over time, so I'm along for the ride regardless. My hours online with this will drop off however.
There isn't much reason for me to care other than to not be frozen out of content on a bi-weekly basis. But the simple design of that aspect alone is more of a disincentive than anything else. I'm more inclined to tackle my massive backlog and to look forward to spending my time elsewhere with other games at this point because I manage my time, my games do not dictate that for me.
For however long this lasts, it'll be just enough fun to foster fond memories. Games like this historically don't last that long on console platforms. It's the hotness here, right now, but it'll be a dim light in every ones rear view sooner than most would like.
I had a fun time with games like M.A.G as well. No regrets. Maybe if this lasts long enough to make it through to the next console cycle, Defiance could be a frontrunner before the Bungie guys steal their lunch.

I do have one regret though. I think as much fun as Defiance is for those that dove in early, the fact that a lot of players would not recommend this to other gamers is a big tell on how far this can go in its current state. I'd love to play with my usual friends, but I'd never ask them to shell over cash.. hell, to even invest time into something that I'd have to constantly give caveats for.
Time will tell for Defiance I guess, but there really isn't much of that to be wasted.

Rasczak
04-18-2013, 10:43 PM
I don't regret buying it. But at this stage, I doubt I will be investing in any DLCs and will probably take off about then, maybe to check back at a later date. I just don't feel Trion has handled this game very well, and until they get it all sorted out in the coming months, feel that the $50 I paid for the game is plenty.

Jeff Kaos
04-18-2013, 10:45 PM
I was really in the fence about this game because I knew next to nothing about it until a few days befor launch but a few of my Xbox Live friends talked me into buying it. I really wish I didn't, especially since it was between this or Dishonoured. After playing the game for a few days I decided to completely hold off on the season pass. I'll keep playing Defiance for the time being and I'll probably come back occasionally but I doubt the servers will have a third of the people on now by the time the season pass runs out. I'm even wondering if Defiance will even make it to the end of the season pass. But as long as its servers are running I'll always be around, even if it's for a few days every couple of months.

CitanXbox
04-18-2013, 10:55 PM
Nope,no regrets.
I have friends I group up with (some who recently bought the game) and help them along...I've been playing since launch,and see no let up in sight.

Same here. I've also put in just about 45 hours and have yet to complete the main missions or the side missions. Defiance is money well spent for me, I buy video games depending on the amount of hours I will get out of them and because of this I never buy single player games until they are around 30 bucks. I am expecting to complete the main missions and side missions around the 55-60 hour mark, and then after that there are countless hours to be spent in PvP, doing the Co-Op dungeons and the occasional Ark Fall. Oh and all the future content that will be added to Defiance just makes the purchase even better.

Gabbro1000
04-18-2013, 10:58 PM

Same. No, I like the game. Yes, probably shouldn't have got the season pass.

I'm still not clear AT ALL on the difference to free players and season pass holders. Where I've read a few times something like 'All content will be available to all players'. Is that main quests will be available to everyone, but season pass holders will get bonus side quests, unique items or access to stuff that free players won't get. Kinda like how LOTR online works.

I'll admit, I've not spent a great deal of time looking, but if anyone has some info to what to expect. It would be most appreciated.

https://www.defiance.com/en/dlc/xbox-360/

This is pretty much all my knowledge, but even then, the 'exclusive' Hellbug cap has been taken away and turned into sweet shades...

Rasczak
04-18-2013, 11:00 PM
lol i love how everyone jumps ship, its bin 3 weeks and 1 tv episode in. how can you cry, you shouldn't have bin no-life-ing the game when it first came out, nor should have you expected that much interaction between show/game while it was the "pilot" episode.... does anyone not understand that the " pilot " was most likely filmed a year in advance before it was given a green light for a season.. how many times have we all seen that same episode over and over from E3 to PAX to every single event they went to show off the product / concept? really give it some time, so many QQ's over nothing.

I'm hardly no-lifing. I am only EGO 288, and already I feel the repetitive boredom. At this point, I'm becoming less and less concerned with interaction with the show . . . I'd be happy for the basic damned tools to have interaction with the player base. The entire chat system on PC sucks, grouping mechanics are horrible, and there is absolutely no reason to have any social contact with another player.

Actually, the more I think about how seriously Trion has dropped the ball on this game, having already shown what a fantastic game they can have in Rift (and a stellar launch for it, as well), the closer I am moving toward the "regret" column.

watk
04-18-2013, 11:05 PM
A couple times recently I've been disappointed by season passes (ACIII). SO I'm glad I just bought th regular at this point wish I would've rented from gamefly

ViciousGrin
04-18-2013, 11:06 PM
LOL, when the DLC hits all you are going to do is play for 2 days and you wont have any content left. If the main game take less than a week to complete the dlc has to be shorter!

Yes, my god yes...
The whole game is a bloody DLC sized byte...

Failed to launch, no it launched and I was having a great time, until I vanquished the overpowered Nim Shondu, what then…
So…
what..?

Fiancee
04-18-2013, 11:27 PM
Nah. I atleast stick around until the show has final episode, then small break and rock it at Elder Scroll Online.

seoulstar
04-18-2013, 11:33 PM
I regret buying those boxes..keycodes are not easy to get anymore..and I keep getting the weapons I don't want. = =

K A S H I H A R A D
04-18-2013, 11:35 PM
Never crossed my mind.

deltaman42
04-18-2013, 11:44 PM
no regrets.i like my little world of defiance....

Kaladan
04-18-2013, 11:48 PM
Completely regret it. So glad I didn't buy the season pass. Would rather have reactivated my (5 years' dormant) WoW account.

illgot
04-18-2013, 11:55 PM
Ask me when they release their first in game episode. Right now I am a disappointed I purchased the season pass.

Did I really purchase this so I can activate lanterns and save people... which everyone can do?

mid9sun
04-18-2013, 11:56 PM
Brought the DLC packs too and no regrets.

For an impatient person that I am, I am strangely patient about this game because I understand that creating a MMO for PC, PS3 and Xbox means there will be 3x the bugs to deal with. Trion can do the easy way out by just make the game available for PCs, which will leave the console players who too enjoy the shown out.

This is an ambitious and brave project and with limited resources (they dont have 3x the budget even though the game is on 3 platforms), so lets give it more time to sort things out.

Oberon
04-18-2013, 11:57 PM
I don't regret supporting Trion as the game is fun. The EGO system seems to be a waste...I have lots of points I haven't even allocated as I don't see the point. Also the lack of different terrain and areas makes the game seem a bit dull.

I really hope the game evolves as I did purchase the DLC as it was on special.

Hypno
04-19-2013, 12:01 AM
It's an mmo guys, they have to work out all the kinks and everything will be running smoothly.
I can't wait to see what they have in store for addons.

Apoc
04-19-2013, 12:06 AM

What He said...

Raikon
04-19-2013, 12:09 AM

Thank God Idid NOT take head of all the cry babies on these forums, all the crap from people who dont understand what a MMO is all about.
All the Im bored ********.
Me and my friends are loving it.
We come on and have a blast with quests, PvP, Ark hunting, Co op, time trials....seriously its great fun.
I recommend this game to any mature gamer who knows what fun actually is.

TerribleMouse
04-19-2013, 12:13 AM
Bought this game from Gamestop on release day, really disappointed of the technical issues and lack of content. Currently sitting at 1990 ego level and have nothing interesting to do. Does anyone know if the Gamestop accepts trade or not? Or even better a full refund?

A very concern gamer :(

Fatalmephisto
04-19-2013, 12:28 AM
I don't regret supporting Trion as the game is fun. The EGO system seems to be a waste...I have lots of points I haven't even allocated as I don't see the point. Also the lack of different terrain and areas makes the game seem a bit dull.

I really hope the game evolves as I did purchase the DLC as it was on special.

I don't find the EGO to be a waste at all but i do understand as to why people would think that. Luckily enough Trion is working on stuff to make EGO more interesting for us to mess around with. I'm glad that the more i rank up the more perk slots i open up. Making builds for PvE and Pvp with the loadouts and perks can go along way man.

StingWraith
04-19-2013, 12:51 AM
I don't regret buying it, I regret paying $60.00 ... I'd pay $40.00

JiggleBilly42
04-19-2013, 12:52 AM
Yes I regret it. I thought it was going to be an MMO

Munx
04-19-2013, 01:01 AM
Don't regret it one bit, enjoy it as much now as the first day I played it, and I easily got my moneys worth 10 times over.

MacDeath
04-19-2013, 01:06 AM
I don't regret buying the game. I do regret that it still has lots of bugs.

I don't know what things cost were you live, but where I live the game cost about as much as 16 liters of automobile fuel (that's about 4 US gallons). I've gotten a lot of gameplay already for my money.

littlemacc
04-19-2013, 01:09 AM
no i do not regret buying it i love the game yes i agree it needs more content but that will come there is a lot of stuff to do in the game still now give them time to get it sorted.

Wtflag
04-19-2013, 01:10 AM
Concept was great.

I was thinking of an online Fallout 3 when I bought this game. Or at least borderlands.

Unfortunately it is currently not living to those expectations.

Lockheart
04-19-2013, 01:12 AM
For the hours of entertainment, and for a lesser extent, something to do. I don't feel like I was ripped off.

You shove 70 hours into something, you've pretty much nailed your moneys worth :P.

Considering the average game these days is like.. what? 4 hours if its a military shooter with infinity pvp? maybe 20-40 if its a good platformer adventure thing like zelda or whatever.

mutharex
04-19-2013, 01:15 AM
Nope. It's given me a game to play for the past couple of weeks so it's paid itself off game-time wise.

Yep this. And for what I paid it, it came out very cheap

Tali
04-19-2013, 01:24 AM
F... yes, I want my money back (well I can dream can't I) this has to be the most shallow worse presented excuse for an MMO that I have ever played.

Panthan
04-19-2013, 01:28 AM
No regrets, dont regret getting the season pass either. I can quit the game tomorow and still wont regret buying it.

SSlarg
04-19-2013, 01:28 AM
Yep this. And for what I paid it, it came out very cheap

I agree completely. :)

Jamescrow
04-19-2013, 01:32 AM
the game is great and uniqe in the mmo world when most of them are mmorpg (i playd them but want somthing new), this game deliver the new, yes there are some bad thing but its a new game and its longer than Diablo3 ;)

another thing is its from trion so whe going to see updates and not a game that just stuck without content.
not regret for the game or the dlc pass.

Beck
04-19-2013, 01:36 AM
Not at all, and I don't just say that because I have invested heavily in K-TAM. I really enjoy the game, i like hunting for the recording for the back story and the history is well done. I have not had many of the issues people talk about and I have 160+ hours logged already.

Yes I have finished all the story content, I am working on the pursuits and so on. I think the contracts are fun to do with friends or just stand in an area long enough and others will finish it for me. I do get the +3-+5 seconds added on to my finish time for the races which is frustrating. But I am still more than that off from getting gold so I keep working on it.

I do feel there is a lack of content. I think they were planning on having a ton more after the first episode but got hit with a database glitch which is why people are having issues with weapons and items. That being said, who has *****ed about the severs being down lately? Exactly, they have fixed the major issues as they have happened, it is not like Trion has done nothing but sit on their hands.

Lets try and look at what they have done and not only at what is an issue now. In a week someone will be *****ing about something else and this same topic will show up again, for the 200th time. Factor in the thousands of different PC configs that this game needs to work with and the issues Microsoft has created with a machine that frankly was never designed to handle a MMO. i think everyone but Microsoft and Xbox players know this. It is a really old really outdated machine that doesn't have the power to cope which is why there had to be region locking. PS3 players would trounce Xbox on the same server and P.C. would own both consoles and the nurf flame wars would be even worse.

I have really enjoyed Defiance, I am really enjoying interacting with the community via K-TAM and I agree there are issues, and I know for some they are frustrating. But when you look at launch and the issues only a few weeks ago, this game is far more playable today than it was then. Once they find the database glitch, which is likely jumping between likely 10-100 different tables it will fall into place. Auto Assault had the same issue and they had the same randomized weapon stats as Defiance so I think once they figure it out it will be all good, but it can take a long time to patch up one bit of bad code on one table because it might invalidate code on a different table.

Just be patient, have fun and make some friends. *****ing about it on the forums isn't going to make them work any faster. The more someone rushes the more likely they will make it worse.

nightshade
04-19-2013, 01:44 AM
No regrets at all, and I did get the ultimate edition. I also then picked it up for my roommate and she is having a blast with it. We both have the season pass.

Absolut Luke
04-19-2013, 01:50 AM
no regret at all, the game is fun, there are a lot of things to be done, and the coop is great

Shinji Ex
04-19-2013, 01:50 AM
No since I bought the PS3 version lol :)

Drakeos99
04-19-2013, 02:00 AM
Nay loving it since the beta :)

PoLeo
04-19-2013, 02:07 AM
No, but I can understand why some would.

Darktide
04-19-2013, 02:12 AM
After 3 weeks I take my hat of to Amazon uk for not giving me my UE edition of the game. I canceled after getting their delayed email. At the time I was mad as hell but now I thank them.

Will be keeping an eye on the game to see if it gets any better fed back in the future and then maybe buy it when it is cheaper and more ready to be played.

Win all round I think.

Seno
I regret buying :mad:

squidney2k1
I don't regret it (like I did Resident Evil 6)....but my disappointment has turned into frustration. Never have I encountered a game that seems to punish me by not allowing me to play it, or taking things away from me. And I'm not talking about connection issues: I can somewhat swallow those. But the massive amount of bugs and glitches that prevent me from making progress, stuck missions, broken co-op matchmaking, rewards for pursuits that never come, PvP matchmaking bugs, and the stuff that's so bad they must be "temporarily removed from the game" until they can be fixed at a later time....This game is on thin ice with me before it gets sold as a used game, and Trion better listen because since you have no subscription fee (which I would NOT pay for this game), keeping your customers playing every day and looking forward to DLC is the only way you're going to keep making money.

I know it's been said before but FIX....THIS....GAME....!

Val Dunn
04-19-2013, 02:18 AM
No, i don't regret buying it. Since I have a fulltime job, family (which will grow in about 1 1/2 months), do sports, meet with family and friends, I'm not sitting in front of the PC the whole day. I guess I'm only half way through the main missions and a ****load of side missions are still waiting to be done. So, I'm still happy with it and enjoy playing.

Kind regards,
Val

mutharex
04-19-2013, 02:19 AM
I don't regret it (like I did Resident Evil 6)....but my disappointment has turned into frustration. Never have I encountered a game that seems to punish me by not allowing me to play it, or taking things away from me. And I'm not talking about connection issues: I can somewhat swallow those. But the massive amount of bugs and glitches that prevent me from making progress, stuck missions, broken co-op matchmaking, rewards for pursuits that never come, PvP matchmaking bugs, and the stuff that's so bad they must be "temporarily removed from the game" until they can be fixed at a later time....This game is on thin ice with me before it gets sold as a used game, and Trion better listen because since you have no subscription fee (which I would NOT pay for this game), keeping your customers playing every day and looking forward to DLC is the only way you're going to keep making money.

I know it's been said before but FIX....THIS....GAME....!

Honestly, I suggest putting the game on the back burner till they haven't fixed those issues that are marring your experience.
The good thing about B2P is that, I agree that if this was P2P I wouldn't renew past the free 30 days, in this state.

For now, I play in small bits and dedicate my time to other things while I wait for bug fixes. Honestly, screaming abuse at Trion on the forums or saying teh game is $hit and FAIL, is not going to make the game fix faster.

Sajin
04-19-2013, 02:21 AM
Do i have regrets? Nope. I knew that it would be this way and its understandable why. I love playing it when it works and love the forum when it doesn't.

Oberon
04-19-2013, 02:22 AM
Thank God Idid NOT take head of all the cry babies on these forums, all the crap from people who dont understand what a MMO is all about.
All the Im bored ********.
Me and my friends are loving it.
We come on and have a blast with quests, PvP, Ark hunting, Co op, time trials....seriously its great fun.
I recommend this game to any mature gamer who knows what fun actually is.

I believe that someones opinion about the game has nothing to do with if you are experienced with MMOs or not. I have played MMOs since Ultima Online. I have lifetimes accounts with The Secret World and DCUO and have played wow off and on since it launched.

This game is fun, long term fun like other MMOs? It is to early to tell. Two of the above MMOs I have lifetime accounts had many issues at launch and a lack of content. Both have expanded a lot and offer a really great play experience.

not if, but when I get bored of this game. I will take a break and play my other games and then come back after more changes have been made.

So I am hoping that happens with this game as it has a lot of potential.

Dinova
04-19-2013, 02:25 AM
Any given game at any given point, you will get bored. Take a break, do some other stuff and enjoy it later again.

I have no regret at all.

Chaotic Calm
04-19-2013, 02:32 AM
No since I bought the PS3 version lol :)

same here lol

ive gotten my moneys worth. if all my pursuits are fixed id be a happy camper... its to much to ask for an actual challenging strat needed co-op tho

Hexi
04-19-2013, 02:42 AM
Around 100h of fun so far, why would I regret it? Games are EASILY the most cost effective way to amuse oneself compared to any other form of entertainment. Even if you only play a 50e game for 10h, it's still relatively cheap entertainment, issues aside of course. If you have crazy issues with the game then of course one gets angry but these things happen, and you should expect them. NOT accept them or just take it laying down, but expect them.

BrutikusIV
04-19-2013, 02:48 AM
No regrets at all. It's a F2P so I can keep my other mmo's subb'd and buy the dlc at my total convenience. Even take week/month long breaks without much fear as I can play this game at 100% of my convenience. With them working hard on it who knows where this game will be a few months. I'm a bettin man and ii'd say I'd even have more things to do. Heck I'm ego 700 and I've only done like 7 or so main quests. Arkfalls get boring than I swap to riding around finding new places to do 720's and 1080's on my quad. If I get bored of that I swap over to clan chat and get a good instanced run going and farm that super sweet loot drops. I get bored of that I run amuck down in san fran acting like a mad man who's bent on dieing. Than again some days I just ravage the hotshots trying to get to no.1 :D

Cl Chaos
04-19-2013, 03:16 AM
Hell no this game is great and will get better once all the bugs are fixed so they can focus on giving us more to do :D love this game love my ultimate edition love everything

CharmCitysKing
04-19-2013, 03:17 AM
I do and I speak for about 20 of my friends as well

JTheJackal
04-19-2013, 03:21 AM
Yup. I've finished the campaign and there were some decent moments in the game but would I buy it again? Nope. I will hang around and see what the next few patches deliver though but I don't have high hopes.

And sure the TV is interesting, I quite liked it but I didn't pay £35 for the TV show so, y'know.

Graylen
04-19-2013, 03:26 AM
I enjoyed the story of the game, but for a MMO it seems very very lacking, Pursuits simply aren't all that fun to do, nor is constant repetitive arkfall hunting.

If it wasn't for the faith i had in trion to recover from this mess, i would've probably tried to get a refund.
I hope the DLC's will make the game replayable and worthwhile.

Dmec
04-19-2013, 03:33 AM
No. Already bought season pass. Sure it got issues but which new mmo doesn't.

CharmCitysKing
04-19-2013, 03:34 AM
No. Already bought season pass. Sure it got issues but which new mmo doesn't.

you got burnt

Kettlewell
04-19-2013, 03:36 AM
I started with friends, about 8 in total and now I'm the only one playing.

CharmCitysKing
04-19-2013, 03:37 AM
I started with friends, about 8 in total and now I'm the only one playing.

same here........

Rakshasa
04-19-2013, 03:40 AM
Not the slightest regret. I've had more fun in Defiance, both in terms of quality (cool gameplay) and quantity (hours played), the last couple of weeks than with any other game I can think of recently. I have subscription-based mmo's (incl. fellow shooter Planetside 2) that are going unplayed with the meter running, because I've been unable to resist playing this one every chance I get.

If Defiance shut down tomorrow -- well, I'd go into shock from the withdrawal -- but I would have gotten more total play value out of it already than a lot of other games I've bought for the same or higher price. Not the least bit disappointed, and looking forward to continuing to enjoy it for some time to come.

MrViewtiful
04-19-2013, 03:45 AM
Even with the bugs, Nope. Know they will be fixed in time, and when it is its gonna be one hell of an mmo ;)

Dmec
04-19-2013, 03:45 AM
you got burnt

No. Now who is trolling.

The Tinka
04-19-2013, 03:53 AM
No regrets here. Just taken it on face value and the fact that its fun to play. Def got my £40 worth. Yea it could be better but hey there are many, many, many more rubbish games to play out there.

Most always online games get better and improve over time anyway which you can't say for other game types, what you get is what you get with one or 2 basic updates.

Yea they rushed it out as really it had to coincide with the TV series although there seems to be a lot of differences and there are loads of ad hoc things smashed together but for me it seems to work in some strange way.

Erei
04-19-2013, 03:57 AM
No. It's fun to play, that's all I ask for a videogame.

Tgreen
04-19-2013, 04:00 AM
No.

But I'm always cautious about buying season passes and even though I'm hurting for inventory space, I haven't gotten any upgrades for it either. Waiting for the first DLC and anxiously waiting to see how they fix the open world stuff.

BLunted
04-19-2013, 04:01 AM
I don't regret buying it because I have honestly gotten my money's worth out of the game, however, I do not think the game, or even the show, has much of a future. I have a feeling that both will be a distant memory in a month or two.

Blackwolfe
04-19-2013, 04:02 AM
To the OP: Hell no, I don't regret for one second that I pre-ordered the DDE on steam. Though I have yet to see if I get the proper value for the season pass I bought. Gotten more hours out of it and still having fun, than most games today.

Kiiper
04-19-2013, 04:10 AM
Someone else bought me my copy, but no, I don't see how you could regret buying something with at least a half day worth of content, go to the movies see how much that costs you for an hour and a half of entertainment (plus another hour of talking about it maybe). With this you're paying what? Sixty bucks, no sub fees (yet to see if there will be pressure to buy the DLCs, but I doubt it) for a minimum of 12 hours of basic 'content' (story missions, episode missons (They're still there!) and side missons (or some co-op/PvP)) And using the "Ew the game's bugged, unplayable, I'mma chargeback hue" excuse is barely fair, with the amount they've fixed in the past week alone.

People really need to get their money:Leisure time costs right.

Quipwicked
04-19-2013, 04:11 AM
This whole process is becoming very much like Diablo 3 and the real money auction house where most of the community was gated off from fixed exploits allowing those who exploited extreme advantage in the long run.

But in Defiance's case most of us assumed and played emergencies after end game as a main source of farming keys, now that Trion has given us all a taste of "easy" they have stripped it away from us to make Bits and tier 4 lockboxes in the in-game store seem more enticing.

It's a shady practice and it is nearly the same business approach that led me to making the decision to uninstall Diablo 3 from my computer 1 month after launch and I have have not touched that game since.

Trion, quick tip.............pull everyone off of DLC creation and finish the polish on the base game NOW.

So, to the original question "does anyone regret buying it?". The answer is "not yet". If the next patch does not fix : Comander Cronkhite"havent done it once since launch can't get in", the front left tire of my runner, issues with changing weapons and items in my load outs, all manners of chat,PTT VOIP, include viable ways to obtain keys in a fun manner, viable ways of using keys "aka better chances at good loot, viable ways of purchasing specific mods, runner and roller levels need to quit rolling over back to lvl 1, broken emergencies, never ending spawning enemies, glitched side missions" project aegis", double reloads"and or interupted reloads, increase pistol ammo in PVE,phasing issues with other people during missions and or side quests.

If the majority of the above in game issues aren't fixed in the next patch, this game will be uninstalled from my computer, and I will choose not to watch the show. Gaming has been in my life for many of years, it always used to be fun or frustrating, nowadays I can't help but notice I've been feeling let down and or cheated. That ought to tell everyone right there that there is something largely and fundamentally wrong in the gaming idnustry as of late.

Badblade
04-19-2013, 04:15 AM
I blazed through Tomb Raider in like, 15 hours. Typical game releases these days seem to be content with 20 hours of gameplay or less.

I have gotten my money out of Defiance in hours logged, and I have had a lot of fun playing it. I really hope there are many more hours of play ahead, but if I stopped playing now I can say I enjoyed Defiance as much as any other release and do not regret the price I paid..

Dantos
04-19-2013, 04:21 AM
Yep, I do. I've had some fun with the story missions, but everything else I do, i feel like im obligated to do because I bought he game. Oh well, not the first and probably not the last time ill buy into hype. The other main thing I bought the game for, item hunting, is very, very lack luster. I really did not expect the over reliance on the lockboxes for weapons.

NathBBK
04-19-2013, 04:21 AM
Definitely a No for me

I've never had so much fun playing with my friends (360 player) on a game before. As I don't have a decent PC, this is the first game I've played of its type, and I know that there will be better PC MMO games out there, this is the only one available to me, and its been a blast! Bought on day 1 and not looked back, convinced quite a few friends to get it too and they love it :)
I just hope the support for the game is still there in a few months time!

TheShiningLily
04-19-2013, 04:42 AM
I like the game. It is something to play when the BF is at work. The game is fun with its pew pewing.

Mivo
04-19-2013, 04:51 AM
I don't regret buying it, but I am glad I did not buy the season pass.

I like the game, the gunplay feels right and I enjoy the sandbox aspect. But the game is lacking polish, the loot system needs an overhaul and there is so much tedium when it comes to inventory management, salvaging and buying stuff that I end up spending a portion of my playing time with increasingly frustrating and un-fun activities. It is almost as if the designers tried hard to annoy the player.

I'll buy the season pass when I see more than promises and intents expressed at marketing events.

M00N
04-19-2013, 04:57 AM
I have not regretted it! Loving the game so far!

marc
04-19-2013, 05:03 AM
I regret not waiting until the price dropped.

Krileon
04-19-2013, 05:40 AM
No, I played the last Beta weekend so I knew exactly what I was buying into. I pre-ordered, bought deluxe edition, and got season pass.. I've quite happy with my purchase..

ironhands
04-19-2013, 06:51 AM

^this, to some degree, but since we don't have any solid info on what the DLC contains, I think it's too early to pass any judgement on the package. If it's purely cosmetic, and entirely hats, I'll be disappointed. I would expect that there would at least be SOME missions or instances that would unavailable for the basic players, especially something like an end-game zone. I like the LOTRO model for expansions. You can still enter the area, and kill stuff, but quests are locked if you haven't paid. If it's just cosmetics, I can't see a lot of people making the purchase, if they're holding out on buying the pass until they see what's coming.

Since, as I've seen it, the first DLC was to have been released on the 15th under the original release schedule, I would expect it to be Volge heavy. That's likely why the episode 1-2 "content" was lacking meat, we were supposed to be busy in the DLC.

Do I regret buying? No, absolutely not. I've already spent many many hours killing stuff, only just got into SF, still only done 1 co-op mission, a few rounds of PvP, even a shadow war. Certainly got what I paid for. I paid $60 for dead space 2 when it came out, and was done with it in a day, even with the PvP. A day in Defiance and I hadn't even left Mt Tam.

Most reviewers have said 1 thing about Defiance (other than bugs :P), and that's that there's something good going on, they're on the right track. Since I'm not paying for a sub, I'm fine waiting for the new content to trickle in. We knew from the start it was episodic content. I know that the purchase I made wasn't just for what I got on day 1, it was for what will be there "soon".

Chilmeister
04-19-2013, 07:06 AM
Ive just bought the game 3 weeks after its release, i kept going online and checking out all the reviews and so far its a majority likes so i got it and no i dont regret it. In the end its an mmo with more content to come. Its still too early to say wether or not its going to be great. I only wish that the arkfalls were a little more than just a big lump in middle of a field with a bug flying in and out all the time and the same thing at every arkfall. But as for the questing and exploring im happy.

mcwjimbo
04-19-2013, 07:08 AM
yes and no

glad to have experienced it because in a way it was fun. I can also appreciate what Trion was trying to accomplish

Definitely glad bought only the normal priced $60 as vs those who spent $130 and also glad never got the season pass or bought bits

ironhands
04-19-2013, 07:17 AM
Ive just bought the game 3 weeks after its release, i kept going online and checking out all the reviews and so far its a majority likes so i got it and no i dont regret it. In the end its an mmo with more content to come. Its still too early to say wether or not its going to be great. I only wish that the arkfalls were a little more than just a big lump in middle of a field with a bug flying in and out all the time and the same thing at every arkfall. But as for the questing and exploring im happy.

most people agree with this, they just wish more of the bugs had been squashed, and more content available at release.

Lascivar
04-19-2013, 07:22 AM

This, for the most part.

If a game entertains me for a week, then I'm content with the money spent. (In some cases where I may finish them in a day or two but the gameplay was amazing, ala Deus Ex HR, then it's also well spent :P)

I doubt I'll be around much longer though.

Mirimon
04-19-2013, 07:26 AM
regret is for those who, in spite of evidence or lack of research, willingly chose to make a bad decision.

QuikFoX3a
04-19-2013, 07:33 AM
I regret buying the $100 Collectors Edition, along with a Season Pass and some Bits to buy Lock Boxes.

Wouldn't of regretted just picking up the $60 Game and buying nothing else for this, Lock Boxes are a joke for trying to get weapons or items that you actually want or want to use. I can't count how many Legendary weapons I've sold and or broken down because of their ****ty stats or simply I never plan to use those weapon types.

I've stopped playing as of two weeks ago due to being bored of having a serious lack of an MMO feeling to it plus a hook to get me to want to play none stop, otherwise known as "Character Progression" or "Equipment Progression" not "Passive Skills that don't even seem to work when equipped Progression."

Xor
04-19-2013, 08:26 AM
I don't regret , i don't have purchase the DLC yet, i'm patient , i'm waiting .

I think people have forgot what was WOW the 3 first mounth . well a big s**t

CapN CooK 420
04-19-2013, 08:45 AM
I loved this game and when I first got it I thought it was the game of the future. No I'm starting to relise I wish I still had that 60$ and I spent. Nothing to do once you beat the stoine and pursuits. Where is this end game ****? Ffs

Twinkster30
04-19-2013, 08:48 AM
A big fat NOPE.

Diggot
04-19-2013, 08:51 AM
YES

I am. I spent 100$ (80£) and was hoping for something different. And what i got
was, after 2 weeks, constant aggravation over lost weapon and ZERO social experience.

If i could, i would return the game and get my money back, in a heartbeat :mad:.

Jthreau
04-19-2013, 09:06 AM
I don't regret it in the slightest. Arkfalls are exactly what I've been looking for in video games lately. For the longest time, I have wanted a game that has a ton of players bashing on one huge enemy with lots of action going on. I also find myself having a weird affection for hellbugs.

NicodemusTNT
04-19-2013, 09:11 AM
I have no regrets. I'm having a lot of fun. 745 EGO, got my first Legendary Weapon, 33/50 achievements, almost done with the main quest (can't get past NIM yet), the co-op is awesome, starting playing MM in earnest yesterday. Not bad for an MMO.

Barrik
04-19-2013, 09:12 AM
YES

I am. I spent 100$ (80£) and was hoping for something different. And what i got
was, after 2 weeks, constant aggravation over lost weapon and ZERO social experience.

If i could, i would return the game and get my money back, in a heartbeat :mad:.

If there is zero social experience for you then that is your fault, period. Find a good clan and you will enjoy it a lot more :)

EchoOne
04-19-2013, 09:17 AM
It`s been 3 weeks yet? Felt like 3 days ;)
Zero regrets, can`t even remember the last time I stayed with a game that long.

jnt
04-19-2013, 09:17 AM

It's an outstanding $20 game. If the development costs for time travel were ~$60 I'd go tell myself that.

Cutlass Jack
04-19-2013, 09:19 AM
It`s been 3 weeks yet? Felt like 3 days ;)
Zero regrets, can`t even remember the last time I stayed with a game that long.

I'll admit I did have to double check a calendar when I first saw this thread.

Frostfire20
04-19-2013, 09:28 AM
I could go into a log post about how i like the game have faith in trion and believe this game will get better with time, but that i also clearly see and recognize the problems it has now and how i'm frustrated with some of the decisions coming out of the trion offices right now, but instead i'll hit you with a nice run on sentence and then answer.

simple answer, no.

I think I lost a few IQ points reading that. LOL.

Frostfire20
04-19-2013, 09:29 AM
I don't regret it, but I didn't buy the season pass. I'm a little disappointed, but I keep reminding myself it's an evolving MMO.

MosesOfWar
04-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Not at all. I think this is exactly what consoles needed to show that there is a viable option. The only downfall, is that most console gamers don't have the patience to go through the normal, MMO progressions. The only 4 MMO's on consoles were, Phantasy Star Universe, FF:XI, DCUO and MAG. FF:XI and PS:U were ports and therefore were less glitchy and designed for one specific console to port. DCUO was hoenstly, just as bad at launch and didn't do anything unique from an MMO perspective. MAG was unique, but console gamers disdained it because they expected it to be like CoD, complained about maps and nerfing (which just proved that the players in a single faction were better, not the maps or the nerfs.. SVER still won the majority of the missions post-nerfs/allowing all factions to use all maps). The only issue with console players is the fact that many of them want instantaneous action, drop-in combat, etc. ex. CoD/Halo multiplayer, which an MMO is not. The other problem is the PC community usually enjoys depth and a slower pace; this being a true console MMO and not a port, the game is rougher on the edges than many PC MMOs (I'm sure the development staff can vouch for this in comparison to their experience with PC only Rift).

Trion had the cajones to bring genres and platforms together and what their running into is pulling multiple fan bases together, pleasing them all. I think it'll happen, but understanding both player bases and how to operate under the restrictions consoles have compared to PCs is going to take a couple of hiccups to flesh out. I can't wait until it does, until then I'm content with the experience I'm provided in truly open world fashion, it's like Fallout-esqe where you create your own story and can become powerful by not really doing anything but killing nameless henchmen (like Austin Powers's father).

QuikFoX3a
04-19-2013, 09:42 AM
I think people have forgot what was WOW the 3 first mounth . well a big s**t

I remember the first month of WoW quite well actually, despite it's launch issues there was enough to make me want to come back each day or wait till it's fixed. Defiance however not so much.

Launch went "OK" on the PS3 but after a week or less I got that "Hrmmm, I could just play through all my other games till they add in more stuff that makes me want to keep playing." I'm in a clan but since voice and text chat is broken no one interacts which negates the social aspect of an MMO which keeps me playing them.

WoW didn't have these issues at launch, mostly just server crashes and long queue times from all I can remember. I'll take those over boredom any day.

dr0mm3r
04-19-2013, 09:47 AM
For those that this is your first mmo. It will get better and more will come. For the mmo vets.... Really do you remember eq starting out wow beta the atrocity called hell gate London diablo 3. Fact is we are getting new stuff constantly and this hasn't even hit a year the dlc which I bought does seem lacking but everyone gets the new missions so its not division of players. The game needs some work but I have seen much worse since I started playing eq and fully support triton if we don't no one else is going to try some thing on this scale. IMO it's up to us gamers what comes out next and personally I'd like to see more creativity like this in the future so it's worth the price of a few growing pains. What I want to see next is raids 15 or 25 man type the nay Sayers will quit squawking when they are taking on a monolith with their clan

dr0mm3r
04-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Don't forget EQOA on ps2 kinda sad to see that one go

Rebellink
04-19-2013, 09:49 AM
i don't regret it. i have had a blast playing. and i have been taking my time and doing the side missions and the emergencies. realizing a arkfall near buy jumping in our rides and driving over. grabbing some friends doing the coops missions. sure i will agree that there needs to be more content and some old bugs and new issues have come up. but its has only been 3 weeks. in majority of games you won't see DLC that quick. and they have been pretty good at addressing the issues that have come up. let them work on it enjoy running around in an open world grab some friends and enjoy. the dlc will come and we don't know yet what it will entail, so we all will have to wait and hope.

Salvador
04-19-2013, 09:49 AM
WoW didn't have these issues at launch, mostly just server crashes and long queue times from all I can remember. I'll take those over boredom any day.

are you sure you were at wow's launch? i was eq's launch, ffxi, wow, lotro, rift + many more. WoW had the absolute worst launch i have ever seen. it was plagued with bugs. its the reason why the servers were down so much. they had to keep taking them down for all the fixes.

defiance's launch is a walk in the park compared to how terrible wow was. i have to credit to LOTRO with the best, smoothest launch and Rift in second. Rift's really good launch is the reason why i have been surprised there have been so many problems with defiance so far.

Ngamok
04-19-2013, 09:52 AM

No, I don't. I still enjoy logging on a few hours and shooting it up. I treat it like Borderlands MMO which is the expectation I had going in after BW2 and BW3. I am sorry you you had different expectations.

Remag Div
04-19-2013, 10:05 AM
$240 in and no regrets here.

3rdpig
04-19-2013, 10:13 AM
I don't regret it one bit. I love the concept and am enjoying the game despite the poor execution. And I didn't buy the game to play for a few weeks and quit, I bought it knowing that I'd probably be playing it for at least a year. What the game sorely needs are bug fixes, which I think will come, and story content, which I *hope* will come. So far it's way to early to tell. Give them a month to get it sorted out.

jnt
04-19-2013, 10:19 AM
$240 in and no regrets here.

We are proud to have the Sultan of Brunei here.

NarcoticDragoon
04-19-2013, 10:22 AM
Yes. This game had potential, it had promise, and the show's great. The game, not so much.
I really, really wish I'd spent my money on BioShock instead.