PDA

View Full Version : I would apprciate your feedback guys. I updated my review of Defiance

Mike Boccher
04-18-2013, 10:09 PM
I updated my review to incorporate the TV show pilot episode and made adjustments as well. Check it out let me know what you think. Thank you
http://myxboxlive.com/gaming/Reviews-detail/defiance-review-interactive-mmo/

If you are on mobile you may need to enable desktop view.

Mike Boccher
04-19-2013, 04:42 AM
any thoughts? I included the first pilot episode. From what i've seen other sites like ign have bashed it. Every site reviews it COMPARED to another game which is impossible to do as their is no baseline for Defiance. I did it separately and think i was fair. Any thoughts

Izaho
04-19-2013, 05:31 AM
Quick read I have have this:

"The first episode mission begins literally EXACTLY where the game mission left off."

Not exactly. The first episode is right outside St. Louis. The game takes place in San Fran. If you watch the interview with the guy who plays Nolan. He mentions how it takes them 2 weeks to drive from San Fran to St. Louis. Maybe change it to read "The first episode take place roughly 2 weeks after the game mission. Isira and Nolan have made the drive from San Fran to St. Louis."

I thought the tie in to the game was..well non existent. No mention of the game. How cool would it have been if Isara (sp?) would have said "Glad I stole the (whatever the thing was) from that ark hunter back in San Fran now Nolan". Every gamer would have been like OMG THAT WAS ME!!!! No mention of where they came from nothing. So much more could have been done.

N3gativeCr33p
04-19-2013, 05:55 AM
Not exactly. The first episode is right outside St. Louis. The game takes place in San Fran. If you watch the interview with the guy who plays Nolan. He mentions how it takes them 2 weeks to drive from San Fran to St. Louis. Maybe change it to read "The first episode take place roughly 2 weeks after the game mission. Isira and Nolan have made the drive from San Fran to St. Louis."

I agree with this comment.

Mike Boccher
04-19-2013, 06:40 AM
The overall rating of 78/100 is accurate don't you think?

Sacrificial Lamb
04-19-2013, 07:33 AM
I like Video Games.

Jeff Kaos
04-19-2013, 07:45 AM
The overall rating of 78/100 is accurate don't you think?

That might be a little high. That's almost 80 and on a school report card scale that'd be a B or maybe B- and this game is a C or if you really like it a C+. I notice lately that people seem to think scores like 78/100 or 8 or 9/10 is average instead of being above average or outstanding. Maybe the fact that game developers have learned to perfect their craft so much in recent years that we rarely see really bad games get released and so we've lost a little objectivity.