PDA

View Full Version : For those with guns disapearing

Wraieth
04-18-2013, 11:07 PM
Hey guys so i have been doing some testing just with lvl 1 mods and lower ego items but this is what i found.

When adding modslots to weapons they sometimes disapear. Well for me i began to see a pattern to it. They always disapeared either when i log off change phases or enter a loading screen for what ever reason.

So i spent the 28k script i had saved (wich i know isnt much but got the job done lol) on weapons and mods out of 22 weapons i modded 11 while making sure not to enter a loading screen or log off and none of them vanished on me . Out of the 11 that i logged of phase changed or entered loading screens with 9 of the 11 vanished.

So atleast as best i can tell with my limited test the best way to avoid the disapearing weapon glitch is to avoid logging off or entering loading screens during the unlocking prossess.

I hope this helps others avoid flustrations i myself have had from the glitch. And i cant guarantee it will always work but it did atleast up the odds quite a bit. i think

Goodluck guys and DEFIANCE.

EdgeTW
04-18-2013, 11:09 PM
You would think that, with as long as this bug has managed to last, the developers are having a difficult time reproducing it. And yet.. 9 out of 11 vanishes, you say?

(sigh)

Wraieth
04-18-2013, 11:11 PM
You would think that, with as long as this bug has managed to last, the developers are having a difficult time reproducing it. And yet.. 9 out of 11 vanishes, you say?

(sigh)

Not sure about the dev problem but yea 9 out of 11 vanishes i plan to test it again but i have to farm up more script as i went broke doing the small test i did do.

Jeronan
04-18-2013, 11:16 PM
If the dissapearance problem is linked to the mod system, then it's appaling that they haven't dissabled the mod system already, until they fix the problem!

There are People who buy Lock boxes With "real" Money, get a decent weapon and then have it dissapear.

Totally unacceptable if you ask me. :mad:

Wraieth
04-18-2013, 11:17 PM
Also i tested lesser lesser known roller querk where if you have a friend rideing with you it would eject them and cause them to be placed some distance away . What i found is if you enter a random event that they havnt unlocked yet it will sometimes trigger that bug . It tends to happen more with 99er events than raiders and dosnt seem to happen at all with hellbug or darkmatter atleast didnt happen for us with those.

But raiders was 4 out of 10 and 99ers was 7 out of 10.

Wraieth
04-18-2013, 11:19 PM
If the dissapearance problem is linked to the mod system, then it's appaling that they haven't dissabled the mod system already, until they fix the problem!

There are People who buy Lock boxes With "real" Money, get a decent weapon and then have it dissapear.

I agree it shouldnt happen to anyone not just those who buy them with real money. Its why i spent time trying to test the pattern i saw and posted it here, in hopes it would help people who saw this post from suffering the anger it causes

Cutlass Jack
04-18-2013, 11:19 PM
Also i tested lesser lesser known roller querk where if you have a friend rideing with you it would eject them and cause them to be placed some distance away . What i found is if you enter a random event that they havnt unlocked yet it will sometimes trigger that bug . It tends to happen more with 99er events than raiders and dosnt seem to happen at all with hellbug or darkmatter atleast didnt happen for us with those.

But raiders was 4 out of 10 and 99ers was 7 out of 10.

That'll teach your friend to call 'shotgun' when you're driving. :p

Wraieth
04-18-2013, 11:22 PM
I spend alot of time trying to recreate bugs glitches and querks like that (not for any type of exsploiting but simply because i like to find the patterns in them and try to find work arounds or reasons for them. And also to try and help others from being effected by them atleast to some small degree, It allows me to improve others exsperince with the game and make friends along the way.

Jeronan
04-18-2013, 11:27 PM
I agree it shouldnt happen to anyone not just those who buy them with real money. Its why i spent time trying to test the pattern i saw and posted it here, in hopes it would help people who saw this post from suffering the anger it causes

Ofcourse it's frustrating and unnaceptable either way. But even more so when TRION is more focussed on cashing in on the cash shop, raking in cash from Lock boxes and just have this issue continue to excist in the game.

Wraieth
04-18-2013, 11:32 PM
Ofcourse it's frustrating and unnaceptable either way. But even more so when TRION is more focussed on cashing in on the cash shop, raking in cash from Lock boxes and just have this issue continue to excist in the game.

I dont think they ae more focussed on the cash shop . I think its probably in a list of fixes needed and just hasnt gotten the code adjusted for it yet. there has been alot of bugs and things and they are fixing them at a pretty good rate . They will fix it soon i hope.
But i dont pretend its not flustrating as hell either. And people have every right to be upset over it.

Jeronan
04-18-2013, 11:38 PM
I dont think they ae more focussed on the cash shop . I think its probably in a list of fixes needed and just hasnt gotten the code adjusted for it yet. there has been alot of bugs and things and they are fixing them at a pretty good rate . They will fix it soon i hope.
But i dont pretend its not flustrating as hell either. And people have every right to be upset over it.

The issue I am having here, is that People pretty much can buy weapons straight from the Cash Shop, be it via a lottery system AKA Lock boxes.
To make matters even worse, People are Reporting that GM's do not have the Tools to reimburse lost items!

So you see... they should have immediately dissabled the mod system until further notice.

Wraieth
04-18-2013, 11:47 PM
The issue I am having here, is that People pretty much can buy weapons straight from the Cash Shop, be it via a lottery system AKA Lock boxes.
To make matters even worse, People are Reporting that GM's do not have the Tools to reimburse lost items!

So you see... they should have immediately dissabled the mod system until further notice.

I dont know where you heard items couldnt be rembursed that is simply not true i have had 2 weapons given back to me personaly . They can and will give them back and fairly quickly .The live chat support they have works very well. And also the email support works very well. As i have used both and got very prompt and helpful responses.

So dont take all the nay sayers to heart . As i have seen and used thier support system and its probably one of the quicker ones ive seen to give support and responses to in game needs.

Jeronan
04-18-2013, 11:48 PM
I dont know where you heard items couldnt be rembursed that is simply not true i have had 2 weapons given back to me personaly . They can and will give them back and fairly quickly .The live chat support they have works very well. And also the email support works very well. As i have used both and got very prompt and helpful responses.

So dont take all the nay sayers to heart . As i have seen and used thier support system and its probably one of the quicker ones ive seen to give support and responses to in game needs.

Ok, that's all good then. :)

Still they should just dissable the mod system until further notice. Will reduce the load on GM's considerably and improve ticket response times as well.

Cutlass Jack
04-18-2013, 11:50 PM
I can speak from personal experience that I've had a GM tell me they didn't have the ability to restore a weapon that vanished. Sad part is it was a non-random weapon (the purple AR from the Nolan Mission) and it wasn't even being modded. Just logged in to find the slot it was equipped in empty.

Now they might have since gained the ability to restore weapons, but it wasn't true last week.

Wrenito
04-18-2013, 11:58 PM
Items disappearing is the one unforgivable bug that should have been fixed first thing. It's been ignored up to this point.

Eital
04-19-2013, 12:03 AM

I had a great purple SMG with 3 blue mods in it. I lost it because I logged out when I put it to work on adding the 4th slot.

Submitted ticket ingame. First reply after 5 days was a message that said only "m." About 3 days later I got a reply and it was closed.

They gave me a purple pistol with one mod slot and crappy stats instead.

Oneironaut
04-19-2013, 01:51 AM
I have also lost three good weapons and many bits because of this bug. This is unacceptable and I am very angry. Should be compensation, or at least fix the problem immediately.

They risk running out of players because bugs like this are very frustrating and frustration is the worst enemy of a player.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Spain.

Cortechs
04-19-2013, 02:02 AM
Thanks for doing this testing. Hopefully it will help some people out.

Michael Ching
04-19-2013, 02:07 AM

Tell me about it. Still waiting to hear back about my orange assault rifle that disappeared.

Wraieth
04-19-2013, 10:19 AM
Tell me about it. Still waiting to hear back about my orange assault rifle that disappeared.

To those that are having trouble with the in game support . Try a work around either use the live chat support or the email. Both worked very well for me . But i will admit the in game is somewhat slow. The average wait time on the live chat is less than 30 minutes and they can restore the items as you speak to them.

Not saying there isnt faults or hiccups in thier system but they do try to help swiftly from what i have seen. Hope this helps

Hope499
04-19-2013, 10:21 AM

If there was a problem with buying the bits in game, I wonder how fast that would be fixed....

Wraieth
04-19-2013, 10:22 AM
I have also lost three good weapons and many bits because of this bug. This is unacceptable and I am very angry. Should be compensation, or at least fix the problem immediately.

They risk running out of players because bugs like this are very frustrating and frustration is the worst enemy of a player.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Spain.

No problem on the english im southern so i can say the same thing lol. But yea you have every right to be angry. And hopefully they will fix this bug soon.

BleakPanther
04-19-2013, 10:26 AM
Hey guys so i have been doing some testing just with lvl 1 mods and lower ego items but this is what i found.

When adding modslots to weapons they sometimes disapear. Well for me i began to see a pattern to it. They always disapeared either when i log off change phases or enter a loading screen for what ever reason.

So i spent the 28k script i had saved (wich i know isnt much but got the job done lol) on weapons and mods out of 22 weapons i modded 11 while making sure not to enter a loading screen or log off and none of them vanished on me . Out of the 11 that i logged of phase changed or entered loading screens with 9 of the 11 vanished.

So atleast as best i can tell with my limited test the best way to avoid the disapearing weapon glitch is to avoid logging off or entering loading screens during the unlocking prossess.

I hope this helps others avoid flustrations i myself have had from the glitch. And i cant guarantee it will always work but it did atleast up the odds quite a bit. i think

Goodluck guys and DEFIANCE.

Thanks for posting this so others can see it but this actually was discovered a while back and Trion has acknowledged it.

A fix is in the works supposedly.

As far as people who have weapons vanish from their inventories with no connection to the Salvage Matrix... dunno what to say or think. **Fingers crossed so that I can avoid it.**

Wraieth
04-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Thanks for posting this so others can see it but this actually was discovered a while back and Trion has acknowledged it.

A fix is in the works supposedly.

As far as people who have weapons vanish from their inventories with no connection to the Salvage Matrix... dunno what to say or think. **Fingers crossed so that I can avoid it.**

Hey thanks i wasnt aware of them vanishing without being connected to the matrix. I will try and test that today if possible and if i make any progress or discover a pattern i will post it here

Wraieth
04-19-2013, 09:29 PM
Hey thanks i wasnt aware of them vanishing without being connected to the matrix. I will try and test that today if possible and if i make any progress or discover a pattern i will post it here

Ok so i spent nearly 3 hours today trying to get the disapearing weapons (not attached to mod matrix) glitch to work for me so i could locate a pattern and this is what i found.

It seems the only time it happened to me was when i had multiple copies of a certain weapon say 2 or 3 semi auto snipers. What i noticed is didnt matter what color or what ego effects they had as long as they was the same basic type.

The problem was it would mostly remove the higher tier ones. out of 35 tries i lost 13 weapons and out of the 13 times it was the higher tier ones 8 of the times.

It is also simular to the mod matrix bug meaning the loss of the weapon accured during loading screens and phase changes.

Now the work around i found was pretty simple if you see you have multiples in your inventory theres 2 ways to prevent the loss of said weapons, Either break the lower ones you dont wish to keep down for salvage or drive (not port) to a merchant and sell them. While this is a hassle it is still better than risking the loss of a weapon you wish to keep.

And i know its flustrating and a headache to do, But again it beats lossing weapons. And hopefully will help people untill the bug is fixed. This is in no means a way to exscuse the bug needing fixed. Its just a personal attempt to help folks not loose thier weapons and mods they wish to keep .

Hope this helps guys and if theres other bugs you would like to see tested for patterns or possible work arounds feel free to leave me a short discription and any ideas you have as to the causes and ill try to testem out and get a viable work around for ya .

Hullstrider
04-20-2013, 09:29 PM
That precisely happened to me, and I agree. I like the game, the gameplay, the storyline, but it also has to work. My first and last legendary item so far vanished...I wrote a ticket and they, I guess, don't take the time to recover lost property at this point. Well, double disappointment. I would like to immerse myself in this game, but strikes like this one, where real time or money is wasted, are harsh reminders that I have other things I could be doing.

Wraieth
04-20-2013, 09:37 PM
That precisely happened to me, and I agree. I like the game, the gameplay, the storyline, but it also has to work. My first and last legendary item so far vanished...I wrote a ticket and they, I guess, don't take the time to recover lost property at this point. Well, double disappointment. I would like to immerse myself in this game, but strikes like this one, where real time or money is wasted, are harsh reminders that I have other things I could be doing.

For the best results go through the live chat support they will help you like i said in other postings, they are realy nice and more than willing to return items. In game support is alittle wonky but the live chat works great. Hope that helps you.

Mr K1tty
04-20-2013, 09:44 PM
Yah I've lost 4 guns so far ... only 1 of them were in the salvage matrix. I have put numerous tickets in but have yet to have a reply. Ugh...

This is the scenario that's happened 3 of the 4 times i've lost weapons:

Fully added mod slots to a weapon.
Fully modded said weapon.
Enter a co-op mission
Suddenly have no weapon.

I've stopped fully modding out weapons now and so far I haven't lost any more.

KaosPenguin
04-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Well I'd help but no idea if you're on the same platform as me.

Teizar
04-20-2013, 09:58 PM
this thread is about 4 days old people already know how and why weapons are disappearing

I do not think that reposting this thread is a bad idea though .... people only seem to read half or a quarter of the available information

thread bump lol its importaint that people understand why things happen even if they shouldn't

Hullstrider
04-21-2013, 09:20 AM
For the best results go through the live chat support they will help you like i said in other postings, they are realy nice and more than willing to return items. In game support is alittle wonky but the live chat works great. Hope that helps you.

Thanks Wraieth! I'll try it.

Wraieth
04-22-2013, 09:44 AM
Thanks Wraieth! I'll try it.

Np wish you the best of luck.

Pathogen
04-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Put in a ticket 2 days ago. Response I got was a very generic "Too bad". Items I've had since day 2 of the game going live aren't going to be replaced. Was having the secondary equipment slot bug. Response = rollback related. Someone didn't even bother to read my issue. I'm guessing we've got SWTOR's customer service people on the job. I'm guessing that I can start considering Trion and EA in the same breath here soon. Shame, considering RIFT had such a good track record.

(Screenshots of the aforementioned)
http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r778/Wiredzero/WHAT_zps3bc4d6ad.jpg

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r778/Wiredzero/WHATcont_zpsd214e370.jpg

Don't get your hopes up about getting that gun back people. I basically got the brushoff.

Str8Murked
04-22-2013, 12:14 PM
I gave up on my orange launcher that was lost.

Wraieth
04-22-2013, 07:27 PM
again guys like i said in game support is fairly wonky try the live chat, its a bit of a wait sometimes around an hour but still not to bad. Live chat has been very helpfull in weapon returns

Wraieth
04-28-2013, 10:44 AM
Seen on the dev blog where they issued a fix for the disapearing weapons. But that it still needed tuning so ill try to recreate the bug again and test it out. i will post how the test goes and if theres new variables to it .

iUnR3aLz
04-28-2013, 10:50 AM
So without any technical or coading experience... you were able to come to the conclusion that
the best corse of action would be to remove the pointless 10 minute timer.

WHY CANT TRION FIGURE THIS OUT??

Hope499
04-29-2013, 09:10 AM
So without any technical or coading experience... you were able to come to the conclusion that
the best corse of action would be to remove the pointless 10 minute timer.

WHY CANT TRION FIGURE THIS OUT??

Its 10 min....if you cant wait 10 min your more of a little ***** then I can imagine lol.

What do you do when you have to make dinner?? Jeez unless mommy makes all your food still you must go berserk man

iUnR3aLz
04-29-2013, 09:14 AM
Its 10 min....if you cant wait 10 min your more of a little ***** then I can imagine lol.

What do you do when you have to make dinner?? Jeez unless mommy makes all your food still you must go berserk man

So... the guy that looks like a lezsbo with a chin strap is going around
calling other people little shytes??

'MURICA.

And what kind of garbage are you spewing anyway?
If weapons are being lost in the 10 minute window,
why not just remove the 10 minute window and make them instant?
How the hell does that not make sense to you???

gavindor
04-29-2013, 09:19 AM
I have had SO many weapons disappear with fully open and modded slots payed for with real money with earned script and keys etc and it has become a serious issue every time i get a weapon with all its slots open find the mods I want get them into the weapon just before I start to xp it it disappears. Customer service has given me a random replacement twice both garbage without the great mods I took forever to get randomnly and payed for. This should be a priority this is a loot based game why is this not being addressed? voice chat is simply put broken on ps3, items dont stay in your inventory but its fine and dandy as long as the defiance store can take your money... getting old.

gavindor
04-29-2013, 09:20 AM
yep sounds about right ;/http://forums.defiance.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=427115