PDA

View Full Version : linking profile to two xbox consoles

Dragonstears
04-19-2013, 12:51 AM
I'm sure this has been asked before but I must be using the wrong search terms.

I have an Xbox in two rooms in the house and have defiance on one so far. Before I go off and install it on the other console which will take the best part of a whole evening. Will I be able to swap and change from one to the other or is your profile locked to one console?

Elastik Spastik
04-19-2013, 01:24 AM
All i can say is just try it. If it doesnt work just take the hard drive and use that. If i had one upstairs and downstairs i would always take the hard drive as all my stuff would be on it.

Dragonstears
04-19-2013, 01:46 AM
All i can say is just try it. If it doesnt work just take the hard drive and use that. If i had one upstairs and downstairs i would always take the hard drive as all my stuff would be on it.

Sadly that will not work as I have the slim Xbox with built in hd and an older version. Normally I stick my saves on a usb stick and move them with that but defiance only allows you to select the hard drive as a save device. I don't want to waste a night patching the other box then find I wasted my time. :(

gryste
04-19-2013, 01:59 AM
Doubt you would be able to do it . Sure some game profile data is still stored on your HD

Elastik Spastik
04-19-2013, 02:01 AM
Will it let you use cloud?

TurkeyDinner
04-19-2013, 02:02 AM
Sadly the game can only be linked to one system per platform

But in the system Link management page it has an option to unlink a console. I do not however know if there are restrictions associated with unlinking the console.

gryste
04-19-2013, 02:02 AM
No your only saving option is hard drive

Elastik Spastik
04-19-2013, 02:08 AM
Then im at a loss sadly. Unless you patch it to upstairs the retrieve your gamertag on it. Or just take the xbox upstairs. Wires already there. Will just need to unplug and plug back in .

pinzig
04-19-2013, 02:34 AM
really the console link thing seems silly - link trion account to your xbox live profile sure, but locking it to hardware? silly!!!

Isaac Kingsley
04-19-2013, 03:18 AM
If you patch the game on another console it should allow you to play without linking. I have 2 xbox's, my girlfriend uses one when she comes to mine and logs in fine and uses hers at home.

Sassaman
04-19-2013, 03:30 AM
It works man I originally installed it upstairs in my room to play but downstairs is where the 55" LED is so I also threw it in the other xbox and now I've been able to play from both xboxs with out any sort of issue

Dragonstears
04-19-2013, 03:36 AM
If you patch the game on another console it should allow you to play without linking. I have 2 xbox's, my girlfriend uses one when she comes to mine and logs in fine and uses hers at home.
Thanks Isaac, your a star! Thats exactly what I wanted to here. But does your g/f not have to link her profile and unlink it each time she swaps them via the website linkage page?

Sacrificial Lamb
04-19-2013, 07:39 AM
No No No No No.

It is the same as any other XBOX game. You can play it anywhere at anytime. Cloud is not even an option for saves since everything is saved on the "Server".

As long as the game is Updated on the XBOX and your logged in with your profile it's fine. I'm playing on 3 + XBOX's.

One thing that is totally lame is each an every profile that wants to play the game on the system must down load the patch lol.

Why? I have no freaking clue. It's stupid and a waste of space but whatever.

I like Video Games.