PDA

View Full Version : Keycode Fragments for Road-side Emergencies

gOn
04-19-2013, 02:14 AM
Hello everyone, as all beta players know, there use to be keycode fragments where if we collected enough, we could make a keycode from.

What I don't get is, if they decided to get rid of keycode rewards for the road-side emergencies, why not re-introduce keycode fragments?

Let's face it guys, they pretty much killed the road-side emergencies. It is ABSOLUTELY a WASTE OF TIME.
It gives nothing that is worth the 5 minutes you spend going through it.

If they re-introduced keycode fragments, I would definitely be more inclined to do them.
Say just 3-5 per emergency, and when you do about 2-4 of them, you can make one keycode out of it.

Jack Johnson
04-19-2013, 02:19 AM
Especially since keycode fragments are still in the interface.

Lyokira
04-19-2013, 02:19 AM
Or just more loot drops, which you can salvage, to buy more keycodes.

DustOfDeath
04-19-2013, 02:32 AM
i did them when i looked for pilgrims - but since those are done.. i havent doen them anymore - they are not worth the xp. I can just do some minigun rampage thats easier and shorter.

Some of them dont even give exp.

so keycode fragments, increased scrip and gulanite.
Yeah they were removed and pay little to avoid botting and farming - but that also killed it for normal players.
Problem with this "nerfing" is that many games these days nerf games to oblivion to combat botters and heavy farmers and simply kill the game this way for normal players.

Kiiper
04-19-2013, 04:15 AM
5 minutes? You're pretty slow at doing them O_o, I've been farming them for the past three-odd hours have gotten six inventory loads of weapons, over 100k salvage, 15k scrip, and at least four levels. Want keycodes? go do arkfalls or buy them. I do agree that not having the fragments like before is pretty dumb, but still the "nerfs" are only basic rebalancing (And my two tier 4 boxes and two tier 3 boxes say differently to all the naysayers saying they're impossible to get).

Angeleus09
04-19-2013, 01:00 PM
I thought I remembered keycode fragments in the beta and I see that they are still in the interface. Now that full keycodes have been removed from roadside emergencies and the complaints are piling in it makes me wonder.

There is clearly a place for keycode fragments to be accumulated but they don't seem to be in the game. Why are they not the reward for roadside emergencies? It almost seems like the game was designed for them to be.

Blackwolfe
04-19-2013, 01:04 PM
The change from keycode fragments -> keycodes into just keycodes was just lazy design. I prefered it when it took 8 keycode fragments to get one keycode and that the number of keycodes you could hold was tied to ego rating. The description also was more descriptive actually stating increased chances for better gear from them instead of the now useless descriptions (where the only difference is the number of items you get).

DeMoted
04-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Hello everyone, as all beta players know, there use to be keycode fragments where if we collected enough, we could make a keycode from.

What I don't get is, if they decided to get rid of keycode rewards for the road-side emergencies, why not re-introduce keycode fragments?

Let's face it guys, they pretty much killed the road-side emergencies. It is ABSOLUTELY a WASTE OF TIME.
It gives nothing that is worth the 5 minutes you spend going through it.

If they re-introduced keycode fragments, I would definitely be more inclined to do them.
Say just 3-5 per emergency, and when you do about 2-4 of them, you can make one keycode out of it.

Your welcome.

4ndreas
04-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Keycode Fragments have been removed this week (check your stats, they don't display anmore).
The problem with minor emergencies rewarding 2-4 fragments would be the same as before: people gain boxes FAST. 1 key per emergency would be the max acceptable for the time spend.

Blackwolfe
04-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Keycode Fragments have been removed this week (check your stats, they don't display anmore).
The problem with minor emergencies rewarding 2-4 fragments would be the same as before: people gain boxes FAST. 1 key per emergency would be the max acceptable for the time spend.

Wrong, rewarding 2-4 fragments per emergency would mean you would have to do 2-4 emergencies to get a full keycode if 8 fragments equals one keycode as it did in alpha/beta before the change.

tehslippery
04-19-2013, 01:17 PM
I'm still not entirely convinced this is intended and not a bug. Not once in a single place that I've seen has it been stated that they where removing the Keycode rewards from this. I'm just hoping it is a bug, because if it isn't then the Emergencies are just a gigantic waste of time everyone will forever just drive by.

Blackwolfe
04-19-2013, 01:25 PM
I wish they would make it random. That you would get 0-3 keycodes per emergency. That would mean you have chance to get keycodes but not guaranteed. It would still give an incentive to do emergencies, ANY emergency, not just a select few types. You could get lucky and get 3 keycodes for 5 emergencies (meaning you'd end up with 15) in a row or you might get 0 total.

Kalter Stahl
04-22-2013, 07:23 AM
I want to do emergencies with random people on the road again.