PDA

View Full Version : criteria for beta testing choice

stormaaron
12-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Does anyone know what the development teams are gonna base there choice off of is it join date, number of posts, how active you've been or what?

Jestahr
12-08-2012, 03:32 PM
I assume it's randomly selected from the pool of opt-ins.

Unless they inclused some system profiling similar to Blizzard, in which case they will try and test on a wide spectrum of different machines.

At the end of the day though beta selection will be pretty much luck! Of course there will likely be beta oppurtunities for early preorders, and fan site competitions.

Jenbuu
12-08-2012, 05:34 PM
as far as i can tell there isnt any invites going out it was only a question which platform you were interested in testing.

stormaaron
12-08-2012, 06:36 PM
I assume it's randomly selected from the pool of opt-ins.

Unless they inclused some system profiling similar to Blizzard, in which case they will try and test on a wide spectrum of different machines.

At the end of the day though beta selection will be pretty much luck! Of course there will likely be beta oppurtunities for early preorders, and fan site competitions.

I hope they do do something like blizzard but if there is a beta preorder bonus I will definitely get in on that (I'm gonna pre order it but I kinda want to see what the bonuses are)

Arkamenitas
12-08-2012, 07:31 PM
if certain other trion games i have tested are any indicator, they will probably hand-pick some of the most prominent and useful community members, and the rest will be random select from a pool of opt-ins

Boahn
12-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Folks who are an asset to the development of a community such as those stated by Arkamenitas have always had some weight in Trion's past Beta/Alpha tests, that is true. Additionally people who have past experience with the company tend to be higher on the "it" list since they know they can count of them for quality feedback/bug reporting.

Just stay positive, attempt to help folks with what you can. And when selected make sure you do the best that you can in order to make this the quality game that both Sci-Fi and Trion hope it will be (as well as the massive player base on these forums).