PDA

View Full Version : So anyone else ENJOYING the game?

M00N
04-19-2013, 05:00 AM
Im loving each minute of it!

Why?

Becouse this MMO is like ALL other MMO releases out there! We/you/anyone cant compare a newly released game to a game that has been running 2+ years really.

And compared to other older MMOs and their release days (weeks) Its kinda smooth, sure a few pursuits are bugging out! But really that isnt gamebreaking at all. Sure its not one of the smoothest launches but its FAR from the worst.

All the quest buggs some people are having an issue with i have had no problem at all. Did all the sidequests all the zone pursuits exept marin becouse of Dam Defence and The Crater recording (all fixed now and completed).

The only thing I have been having trouble/problems with is the Killcount in some pursuits (pvp and arkfall) But as theres an "workaround" for that im soon done with those to.

Anyway loving the game loving the THEME and setting of the game! Love shooting things up!

Also everyone complaining that theres not enough content! ITS THE SAME IN ALL MMOs! Once you have maxed lvl in other mmos same complaints comes..... Theres no story... theres no endgame.... The pvp is unbalanced.... its the same in all mmo's ONCE you have learned that! then its when you can start enjoying the THEME and SETTING YOU LIKE!

Its truly as simple as that, everyone CANT like the same theme, the same atmosphere or the same setting!

Ps. PvP will not ever ever ever be balanced! just watch the FOTM in WOW? changes each day/week/month lol

Fatalmephisto
04-19-2013, 05:02 AM

Why?

Becouse this MMO is like ALL other MMO releases out there! We/you/anyone cant compare a newly released game to a game that has been running 2+ years really.

And compared to other older MMOs and their release days (weeks) Its kinda smooth, sure a few pursuits are bugging out! But really that isnt gamebreaking at all. Sure its not one of the smoothest launches but its FAR from the worst.

All the quest buggs some people are having an issue with i have had no problem at all. Did all the sidequests all the zone pursuits exept marin becouse of Dam Defence and The Crater recording (all fixed now and completed).

The only thing I have been having trouble/problems with is the Killcount in some pursuits (pvp and arkfall) But as theres an "workaround" for that im soon done with those to.

Anyway loving the game loving the THEME and setting of the game! Love shooting things up!

Also everyone complaining that theres not enough content! ITS THE SAME IN ALL MMOs! Once you have maxed lvl in other mmos same complaints comes..... Theres no story... theres no endgame.... The pvp is unbalanced.... its the same in all mmo's ONCE you have learned that! then its when you can start enjoying the THEME and SETTING YOU LIKE!

Its truly as simple as that, everyone CANT like the same theme, the same atmosphere or the same setting!

Ps. PvP will not ever ever ever be balanced! just watch the FOTM in WOW? changes each day/week/month lol

Actually PvP can be balanced since its just guns we use to kill each other. An MMO like wow is harder due to so many damn skills that have to be nerfed or tweaked.

Oh to answer your question. I'm obsessed with this game.

M00N
04-19-2013, 05:03 AM
ooh want to add the only MMO i ever heard of was "balanced" never played it myself tho, was Shadowbane!

But lets face it AoC, WAR, MXO, CO, WoW, Aion, TERA list goes on was never ever balanced in the PVP aspect!

Brillcs
04-19-2013, 05:04 AM
Myself and two friends are playing and thoroughly enjoying it. Yes it has it's problems but all MMO's do upon release. Been a good time so far even with said problems.

duction
04-19-2013, 05:04 AM
I'm also addicted!

SieraV
04-19-2013, 05:05 AM
I'm enjoying every minute of it.

But I'm a casual gamer so I haven't finished the story and from what I'm hearing.
I'm gonna take my sweet time.

Anim
04-19-2013, 05:10 AM
Also everyone complaining that theres not enough content! ITS THE SAME IN ALL MMOs! Once you have maxed lvl in other mmos same complaints comes..... Theres no story... theres no endgame....

A lot of mmo's out there prove this to be entirely wrong. Defiance was fun though, I just find myself logged in standing around talking to people now.

Mivo
04-19-2013, 05:12 AM
I enjoy the game, though there are aspects that increasingly annoy me, but I really disagree with using other games' shortcomings or issues to justify the release of an unpolished game with numerous bugs that had been reported during beta already. Companies need to start being held to higher standards, and not always get absolved only because game X or Y also had problems.

Yes, WoW was not fantastic when it came out, but that was in 2004, and it did have banks, auction house and an actual loot system instead of a lottery. Blizzard got away with the lack of polish at the time, but we now have 2013 and players have, or should have, higher expectations than getting a beta version at the full price. This does not fly in any other industry, not even in the non-gaming software field, but when it comes to video games, people happily accept that they get a green banana.

Like I said, I mostly have fun with Defiance, but by more objective standards it is currently an unpolished and mediocre game that gets exactly the reviews that it presently deserves. Perhaps someone will learn from that.

Alechiel
04-19-2013, 05:16 AM
Taking my time, doing the story quests.
I'm trying to progress on the zone poursuits and the dungeon ones as well.
Doing all the secondary quests as well takes agggggeeees.
It doesn't feel like a grind, yet, but I love grinds anyway.

Erei
04-19-2013, 05:20 AM
I enjoy it.
A sci fi mmo and shooter mmo, that's new, and cool. I waited for it for a long time. FE is cool, but it have so many damn skill I don't really feel like playing a shooter sometimes, and the craft system is too much mandatory to play.

Aikuchi
04-19-2013, 05:29 AM
Me! here! Am having fun!

Love the setting, love the shootermechanic, love the absence of "You got not the right items equiped! off you go!*kick*". No real need to level, just shooting things up and if I m set for it, in a group on a co-op.
Graphik is doing fine, considering the nature of an MMO.
Might have real potential to be differnt from skill/item grind...in time when the quircks got ironed out.

M00N
04-19-2013, 05:29 AM
A lot of mmo's out there prove this to be entirely wrong. Defiance was fun though, I just find myself logged in standing around talking to people now.

Say one? have never meet a MMO that havent had launch issues, buggs or when you reach max lvl theres nothing to do exept grinding or repeating the same things. I have played most MMOs since after Acheron's Call 2 (my first)

I enjoy the game, though there are aspects that increasingly annoy me, but I really disagree with using other games' shortcomings or issues to justify the release of an unpolished game with numerous bugs that had been reported during beta already. Companies need to start being held to higher standards, and not always get absolved only because game X or Y also had problems.

I agree with you, but since WOWs success and all the other companies tagging along for the ride, that hasent happened and probably wont as they see fast money if they can pull it off. But as i said i agree they should have higher standards, should make a better game than the other companies that have tried! But since 2004 and WOW none have done it, but i also said some have done it with greater success while others have just put out a really really bad product!

But i dont think Defiance is on the low scale of things, their somewere in the middle (bugg wise and technical issues). Other than that its a great game, and got the same issue as everyone else, once you have "completed" witch is a relative term, you do the same in all MMO's. Grind rep, grind for items, do group content, do pvp and RINCE REPEAT. :)

Jomina
04-19-2013, 05:30 AM
Well I am sitting with 118 hours played and still thoroughly enjoying the crap out of it. haven't even finished the main mission line yet.

And people complain about lack of content lol

M00N
04-19-2013, 05:41 AM
Well I am sitting with 118 hours played and still thoroughly enjoying the crap out of it. haven't even finished the main mission line yet.

And people complain about lack of content lol

Nice! I myself is at 7 days played sitting at 2260 EGO, just now im starting to get close to completing all the Pursuits (exept the pvp ones, i do pvp but one map is out and kill count keeps resetting). I have done all missions, doing the contracts, helping others, running around trying to find the white challenger and the white and black bungy!

Cant wait and see were the game takes me, how they will do the weekly content, last once was nice with extra lore. Would like to see the next more like the first with some ingame scenes and story.

Also how they handle the free content and how much of that we gona get, also what the 5 DLCs will be and how they handle that! "Heard"/read rummors on the forums but its just that so far.. rumors :(

If theres something I AM annoyed with, its the prices on the costumes in BITS Shop.... 300ish for helmet and 500ish for costume would be more realistic :)

Anim
04-19-2013, 05:47 AM
Say one? have never meet a MMO that havent had launch issues, buggs or when you reach max lvl theres nothing to do exept grinding or repeating the same things. I have played most MMOs since after Acheron's Call 2 (my first)

I never said theres an mmo without bugs and other issues at launch, I said other games had plenty to do at 'end game'. I'll fall back to the old classic of WoW, when you go to max level there was still a whole load of things to do, new instances opened up to you, new challenges and a host of quests and zones to do. It took people months to complete because it was difficult, it required teamwork and they carried on with it because it was fun. Theres nothing in Defiance that gives you the same sense of accomplishment, to keep trying and failing at something until you finally get it just right and beat it.

Other than that its a great game, and got the same issue as everyone else, once you have "completed" witch is a relative term, you do the same in all MMO's. Grind rep, grind for items, do group content, do pvp and RINCE REPEAT. :)

The difference is, those games gave you a reason to do them. You can only do something 'just for fun' so many times before you'll get bored of it unless its really a perfected game.

SHaDoWeD_SiN
04-19-2013, 05:48 AM
I was when it first came out, and now that I'm done with missions and sidequests and my clan isn't online, yeah, that's pretty much killed it for me. I honestly can't be bothered to such miniscule things such as: Collecting all audio logs, doing pursuits or contracts and doing Arkfalls (I did a lot of them all ready, so meh). I'm sorry, but for me it wasn't enough to keep me going. I want to hang on to the game, but with the uncertainty of DLC release dates, I might off it to the business before depreciation hits this game hard.

I will admit though: Trion's communication with the community and their non-stop hardwork has really made me appreciate them as a developer, but the game... yeah. >_<

Justin CarMichael
04-19-2013, 05:50 AM

Actually it's fair to compare any new MMO to what's already out there. See the thing is, right now at this moment an MMO that has been out for two years isn't competing with Defiance as it was 2 years ago for my money.

I have the option to...

Play Defiance AS IT IS NOW.....

or

Play X Other MMO AS IT IS NOW....

This is true with all new MMOs/games/whatever...

Alechiel
04-19-2013, 05:52 AM
I was when it first came out, and now that I'm done with missions and sidequests and my clan isn't online, yeah, that's pretty much killed it for me. I honestly can't be bothered to such miniscule things such as: Collecting all audio logs, doing pursuits or contracts and doing Arkfalls (I did a lot of them all ready, so meh). I'm sorry, but for me it wasn't enough to keep me going. I want to hang on to the game, but with the uncertainty of DLC release dates, I might off it to the business before depreciation hits this game hard.

I will admit though: Trion's communication with the community and their non-stop hardwork has really made me appreciate them as a developer, but the game... yeah. >_<

Doing poursuits grants you the Ego rating you can't get otherwise, you should work on it. That's if you ever want to reach 5K Ego rating and use the full skills slots.

M00N
04-19-2013, 06:10 AM
Sure good points, the range is wider now adays with MMO genres. But at some point you do get to the same point/conclusion in a MMO, that is that things start repeating themselves. New content it was should give the players a mean to keep going, feel like they have more to do and the game isnt "over" yet.

But no game gives free content or DLCs or expansion so fast that it keeps rolling out with new stuff each week, sure there are companies Trion included that gives monthly stuff. And as Trion owns this IP we should be seeing that stuff here to, specially when they have said over a 3-9 month period we are going to have FIVE (5) DLCs made available to us. But after 3 weeks of gaming people are complaining on the lack of content that no other mmo actually have in system doing that is what i feel hurts the game more than it helps the game.

Over those 5 free content we are also going to have free content and upgrades as MMOs are given as they are work in progress, i for one would like for Defiance to make it, as it is damn cool to have a MMO world running besides a TV Show in a SCI-FI setting.

But anyways i wanted a positive thread instead of a rage post, whine post and i gona quit post! Becouse the people at trion is all humans and needs to feel appriciated like the rest of us! And while theres a few players that truly seem to dispise the game or even loath it after 2-3 weeks theres MANY that love it, like it and wants it to succed. And those people usualy arent the one hanging on the forum looking for posts all over to say they love it :) but this is one of those post! :)

Anim
04-19-2013, 06:14 AM
But at some point you do get to the same point/conclusion in a MMO, that is that things start repeating themselves. New content it was should give the players a mean to keep going, feel like they have more to do and the game isnt "over" yet.
Other games made the repetition fun though, gave people a good reason to do it, a reward for the grind that is more than just looking slightly different.

. And as Trion owns this IP we should be seeing that stuff here to, specially when they have said over a 3-9 month period we are going to have FIVE (5) DLCs made available to us.
Unfortunately in their latest Q&A they're already pushed the time scale back to 'before season 2' and there is no set start date for season 2 yet, we could be looking up to 18 months.

But anyways i wanted a positive thread instead of a rage post, whine post and i gona quit post!

There are a lot of whine threads and suprisingly few 'i quit' threads but this thread was just a bit too basic imo, people could just answer yes or no and be done with it. Need more threads with some real content in them, just like the game needs ;)

Justin CarMichael
04-19-2013, 06:18 AM
But no game gives free content or DLCs or expansion so fast that it keeps rolling out with new stuff each week, sure there are companies Trion included that gives monthly stuff. And as Trion owns this IP we should be seeing that stuff here to, specially when they have said over a 3-9 month period we are going to have FIVE (5) DLCs made available to us. But after 3 weeks of gaming people are complaining on the lack of content that no other mmo actually have in system doing that is what i feel hurts the game more than it helps the game.

It's hard to give Trion credit now for them considering they are charging us for those DLC's.

M00N
04-19-2013, 06:37 AM
Well they have said that theres gona be free content also ontop of the DLCs :D

Wolfrik
04-19-2013, 06:39 AM

Why?

I'm enjoying the game but your post is flawed in soooooo many ways.

1. That you're not having a problem with some bugs, doesn't change the fact that they exist and frustrate people and absolutely doesn't mean that they don't exist. So you've been fortunate and missed them. So what? Even the devs have stated the existence of bugs.

2. Not enough content, same in all mmos. This couldn't be more wrong. The amount of hours it takes to complete the main story and the amount of activities available after you do so, vary immensley from game to game. I haven't finished defiance, yet but it's easy to see why people are complaining. You've used WoW as en example.
a) If we go by land mass and environment alone, WoW is far greater.
Spanning several continents, two of which are individually larger than the space Defiance takes up, there is a hige amount of physical content. Then there's the quests and NPC which fill these environments
b) The quests and NPCs count towards literally hundreds, if not thousands of quests. It can takes weeks, if not months, to go though every quest in the the game, excluding the dungeons and raids.
c) yes Defiance has dynamic content, however, WoW has raids, WvW, Faction v Faction, Guild v Guild, PvP. Numerous dedicated battlefields and PvP servers and Arenas
d) Content through character creation Every race and even some classes in WoW have their very own starting areas and very own opening quests. Even the class content tends to vary, or it used to until Blizzard went crazy. Now it's getting more and more uniform, sadly. Defiance has one starting area for all characters, both races and the quests are the same for everyone.
e) There's tons of endgame content in WoW. Dungeons, raids, PvP, unique gear collection, rep grinding, battlegrounds and roleplaying on the MANY vibrant cities and bars that populate the world.

In conclusion of this point alone, Defiance clearly has less content, where you claim it to be the same, and that's just one game comparison.

3. The implication that "uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?"

Prenteding Defiance doesn't have issues won't help anyone. Only through fixing the problems can the game be saved. Ignoring the things that turn people away, will only continue to turn people away. Guess what happens to games when too few people play them? They get shut down.

If you want the game to survive and do well, then let people complain, but encourage them to do it in a way which is helpful. Positive critical feedback is useful, positive reinforcement is not.

Defiance is good but it has problems. The devs admit it has problems and want to fix it. They are listening to the useful feedback from the players who are pointing out the issues, and are trying to make changes where they can. This is what will save the game and ultimately determine whether or not it's a good one.

Big_John_72
04-19-2013, 06:40 AM
I've been playing games, not just MMOs, but games period since before most of you were born. If you think this game is buggy or boring with lack of content, then you're only showing your true lack of experience and maturity. First off, the game has only been out less than 3 weeks and there's no reason why anyone, and I'm retired with nothing to do all day most days, should be done with what Trion rolled this game out with. Try slowing down and truly enjoying things. Don't just run from mission to mission, Ark fall to Ark fall and do everything as fast as you can to say, "I'm done. What next?" Explore things, look at what they created for you. Trion brought us a world completely reformed that is actually our own, yet completely alien. Have any of you pulled up a map online and tried to ride around matching places that might really be there, or at least roughly the same locales. I spent 4 hours doing it one day, was kind of fun. How many of you have noticed that there are at least a dozen different looking plants and trees? Did you even notice them if they weren't part of a quest? Anyone else notice that some of the things the mutants say and the way they say them make the mutants sound like Sloth from Goonies? What am I asking this for? Most of you probably have no idea what the heck Goonies even is, a movie by the way. Pretty good too, about some kids on a treasure hunt, check it out.

Anyway, this game is not overly buggy. You don't waste any more money on the time you take to find out there are some bugs than we did when Dragon's Lair came to the arcade and was the first video game that cost more than 50 cents to play. (By the way, that game is in the Smithsonian if you need to look that one up too, right next to Pac-Man.) I can't tell you how many dollars I lost finding the bugs in Dragon's Lair the first few days that was in the arcade. This game plays amazing, on 3 platforms, that all cross over and tie in with a TV show that airs every week.

Someone made a comment about why the game was released in what seemed like a Beta format; That's simple mate, it was on a time schedule to match up with the show. When SyFy, Fox, any network puts out big money like they did for Defiance then you bet your behind the tie in game will be released when they say it will and not delayed cause of a handful of minor bugs. Someone else said you don't see this type of buggy stuff with business and productivity software; Have you ever used any Microsoft software product new in your life? Seen computer sales drop across the board cause of Windows 8 or have you even noticed that trend? Bugs are in every software there is and will always be there at launch no matter how hard you try to stop them. Why you ask; simple we're all different and we all think different and no matter how many testers there are, there are more users and players to the tenth squared power that will always find those few things that were missed.

So get over it people! Give the good hard working people at Trion a bit of time to roll out the things that they need to roll out to fix these issues. They are already fixing things magnitudes faster than I've seen a lot of MMOs and regular games be fixed. I can pull up Assassin's Creed 3 and still see several issues in that game, and it's been out for how long now? Stop trying to see how fast you can complete the game and instead slow down and enjoy it. I'm not even to 500 ego yet, and I don't care because I'm enjoying everything that I am doing along the way instead.

Now that said, yes I do have one complaint. Fix those damn Raider Blitzers so that they have to at least be aiming in my general direction to shoot me, instead of running 180 degrees with their guns pointing away from me as they fire and every round hits. Other than that, terrific job Trion! You all deserve huge praise for the beautiful game setting and challenging game design you've brought to us!

Big_John_72
04-19-2013, 06:49 AM
Wolfrik, I can agree with your point that you made on "let people complain, but encourage them to do it in a way which is helpful. Positive critical feedback is useful," but positive reinforcement is good also I believe. Many of these devs have given up a lot of their private time since launch to fix the issues that some of us have posted about. They deserve some positive reinforcement for their efforts and I say well done.

But you do make a good point, we do need to post feedback and report issues as we find them. I think that is more properly done via bug reports in game than what to me appears to be whining cause you can't get your way fast enough through forums. I'm the old guy here though and probably see things differently than most of the ones posting via the forums anyway. And hey, if you submit the bug report and post on the forums, then good for you as well. My issue is with the ones that whine here, and never use the tools that get noticed first which is why they were created in the first place.

Good post though, like your thoughts especially that last paragraph. Well stated mate.

Big_John_72
04-19-2013, 06:53 AM
Justin, how soon do you expect to get those DLC's and how often? Most games add DLC three or four times a year at most. Even then they are at least a month, two months, even three months before the first is deployed. Look at Call of Duty for instance. I, and probably 10 million other people, have a season pass for DLC and have only gotten one of the promised downloads so far. Give them time mate. The content will come.

M00N
04-19-2013, 06:53 AM
In conclusion of this point alone, Defiance clearly has less content, where you claim it to be the same, and that's just one game comparison.

Im not comparing it to gameplay/content wise of WOW! never did anywere in my post. Exept to answer Mivo and companies successes/failures :)

What i said was its not fair comparing a new mmo younger than 2+ years with any MMO with success of lasting that long as their content will be sooooo much bigger than a newly born one.

If you want the game to survive and do well, then let people complain, but encourage them to do it in a way which is helpful. Positive critical feedback is useful, positive reinforcement is not.

Thats what i said also.

Dont think you read my post or my answers at all really :(

Defiance is good but it has problems. The devs admit it has problems and want to fix it. They are listening to the useful feedback from the players who are pointing out the issues, and are trying to make changes where they can. This is what will save the game and ultimately determine whether or not it's a good one.

Agreed, even tho im not writing it i have and are posting all my bugg findings and feedback daily trough the game. Thats the only way to help a company point out its flaws and help them along the way to make the game we/you/i play better!

Wolfrik
04-19-2013, 06:54 AM
I've been playing games, not just MMOs, but games period since before most of you were born. If you think this game is buggy or boring with lack of content, then you're only showing your true lack of experience and maturity. *snipped for brevity*

So get over it people! Give the good hard working people at Trion a bit of time to roll out the things that they need to roll out to fix these issues. They are already fixing things magnitudes faster than I've seen a lot of MMOs and regular games be fixed. I can pull up Assassin's Creed 3 and still see several issues in that game, and it's been out for how long now? Stop trying to see how fast you can complete the game and instead slow down and enjoy it. I'm not even to 500 ego yet, and I don't care because I'm enjoying everything that I am doing along the way instead.

Now that said, yes I do have one complaint. Fix those damn Raider Blitzers so that they have to at least be aiming in my general direction to shoot me, instead of running 180 degrees with their guns pointing away from me as they fire and every round hits. Other than that, terrific job Trion! You all deserve huge praise for the beautiful game setting and challenging game design you've brought to us!

Rubbish. Having "played games since before you were born" doesn't make people's opinions less valid and does not validate your own. It's called an 'argument from authority' and is a logical fallacy. Peoples complaints are valid whether you're old and past it or not. It absolutely does not mean that they're immature. Infact, by even bringing age into this to provide a position of authority, you've demonstrated your own lack of experience and maturity. Yes the game has good points but it does have flaws and yes the devs are fixing them. That doesn't give you grounds to be condescending. If other players took your attitude as an example, the game would be unchanged from day one of launch as no one would have pointed out the bugs and issues.

RoG Goat
04-19-2013, 06:56 AM
Eh... honestly, not really.
I didn't know it was going to be one of those games that you finish in under a week.
If I had known it was so short (with such small amount of content), I would have waited until it was $30. Witch with its current state, won't be very far off.

I thought it was going to be like FO3... taking you weeks even months to finish all of the missions.
I was disappointed. lol

Wolfrik
04-19-2013, 07:00 AM
Im not comparing it to gameplay/content wise of WOW! never did anywere in my post. Exept to answer Mivo and companies successes/failures :)

What i said was its not fair comparing a new mmo younger than 2+ years with any MMO with success of lasting that long as their content will be sooooo much bigger than a newly born one.

Thats what i said also.

Dont think you read my post or my answers at all really :(

You highlighted it in your post and it's highlighted in my quote "it's the same in all MMOs"
You're right tho, I hadn't read all your posts at the point I responded to your first post. Aplogies there.

I'm just sick of posts in game forums, which try to negate the very real, very reasonable problems people have with games.

Game quality has been on a very negative slide for the last few years, and in my opionion, this is laregly due to developers and publishers, doing as little as they can, to get as much money and profit as they can, and being allowed, nay encouraged, to do so by fanbois.

TL:DR Knee-jerk reaction. Sorry about that.

Phrase Universe
04-19-2013, 07:01 AM
Sorry for the double.

Phrase Universe
04-19-2013, 07:02 AM
I'm definitely enjoying it.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/thumbs-aloft.gif

M00N
04-19-2013, 07:05 AM
Yeah lol all mmos kinda points to wow also :P but in my toughts it was more like all mmo's after wow! :P

But really hope this game lives as the other one really close to this in theme/feeling went dead= Tabula Rasa witch was ace theme wise and gameplay/skills/weapons but failed all over the place becouse of the millions of buggs. For those that didnt play it it was worse than AoC and for those that didnt play that it was REALLY REALLY bad :)

But i like defiance and the buggs so far (in my oppinion) isnt gamebreaking even tho theres a alot of them, and yeah i might have been lucky bugg wise becouse i havent lost any weapons, none of my quests failed or got borked i do understand that there are buggs around!

So i like Defiance to live and my post was to gather up people that like it so even tho theres buggs in the game, and plays it and wants the best for it! Admins/devs see that theres something positive and a positive athmosphere from some of us! :)

WrathPhoenix
04-19-2013, 07:08 AM

Why?

My wife and I are avid players. We certainly are in love with the game.

Im not going anywhere.

Rampermt
04-19-2013, 07:21 AM
I'm still enjoying every minute of it, the contracts to me help keep me going plus seeing everyone at arkfalls!

WeeohhWeeohh
04-19-2013, 07:37 AM
I'm enjoying the crap out of it.

Multigun
04-19-2013, 07:42 AM
I like to think that complete butt hurt nerd rage we have been seeing on the forums is the "vocal minority." It sure didn't take long for the trolls to come out of the wood work and bash every single element of the game that they possibly can and literally nothing can make them happy.

*Deep breath* yes I am completely enjoying the game. Just thinking I should stay off the forums, as I imagine the people who are enjoying the game are busy playing instead of forum whining.

ANTIDEAD
04-19-2013, 07:44 AM
I like to think that complete butt hurt nerd rage we have been seeing on the forums is the "vocal minority." It sure didn't take long for the trolls to come out of the wood work and bash every single element of the game that they possibly can and literally nothing can make them happy.

Totally agree and it's the case with a lot of games out there. There are so many beloved successful games out there, that when you go to their forum, all you get is a bunch of complaints / whining.

Remag Div
04-19-2013, 07:47 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/thumbs-aloft.gif

Holy crap that kinda looks like me when I was younger. lol

Anyway, I'm EGO 950 and have been logging in practically every night since launch and still enjoy it. I think it's just cause it's so different from other MMO's. If this was a traditional tab targeting with hotbar spam MMO I would already not be playing as much I think.

dalendria
04-19-2013, 07:47 AM
I'm having fun still. I even started an alt. Doing some roleplaying so I created a character with a medic background. Been healing at Major Arkfalls and loving it so far.

I only wanted a few things from this game and they have delivered on most. 1. To have fun - delivered. 2. To shoot things, many and often - delivered. 3. To have a stable environment - Not delivered. Still too many major bugs. 4. To have a decent enough scifi game world for my headcannon roleplaying - delivered.

Enjoyed the show which has added to my game experience. Looking forward to the bug patch to get a more stable experience and the upcoming content update.

dalendria
04-19-2013, 07:57 AM
Also everyone complaining that theres not enough content! ITS THE SAME IN ALL MMOs! Once you have maxed lvl in other mmos same complaints comes..... Theres no story... theres no endgame.... The pvp is unbalanced.... its the same in all mmo's

I think there should have been more content at launch. But that has not taken away from my enjoyment. However, I do agree with you that in the last few years, every MMO launched has been met with the same complaints.

Check out GW2 forums. You will see the same complaints popping up about 2-3 weeks after release and that game has tons of content. I am sure that some of the upcoming MMOs will have the same complaints. It makes me wonder when and why these expectations developed.

Yes, we deserve value for our money but no modern day MMO has extensive content out the gate (content that takes 8-12 months to complete). Some intentionally do not have endgame. They are more focused on encouraging players to focus on fun rather than carrot chasing/grind.

Personally, if I find a game that is fun, gives me about 40-50 hrs on first playthrough and has replay value, I am happy. This game is fun and has provided me with all of that. Also, because it is a Trion MMO, I am looking forward to their future content updates.

TacoDave
04-19-2013, 07:58 AM
Love the game. I've only had one problem and it was quickly resolved. I honestly don't know what the fuss is about.

r3dl4nce
04-19-2013, 08:07 AM
I'm playing 2-3 hours a day and still I have to finish the main mission, let alone all the hotshots, time trials, side quests. Everytime I login I end up doing arkfalls, co-ops, events, going around to search for data recorders to complete pursuits, and so on.

And the mechanic I love is the total absence of a forced gear grind, I dont feel to need to farm for better equipment, if I get good equipment in mob fights or in lockboxes, yeah! great, let's try that new weapon! But I am efficient and can do every single mission fo the game with normal weapon! This and the shooter mechanicsare the things I love more.

I'm here to stay, for a long time !

M00N
04-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Nice to see a fairly large number of responses! :D and many enjoying themselves!

PseudoCool
04-19-2013, 12:41 PM
I'm about 100 hours into the game or so.. and frankly.. haven't even gotten to Jack yet :) And yeah, I'm loving it. But.. I learned in Alpha/Beta exactly how quickly someone COULD go through this whole game. And it's pretty fast.. like with release content within a week.

Oh.. but wait.. that's about PAR FOR THE MMO COURSE from Release! Why people are saying how awesome-sauce WoW's launch was is BEYOND me. That game has SERIOUS, game breaking issues at launch, and the "end game" was PATHETIC! Why does anyone think WoW's first FOUR patches where all geared towards END GAME CONTENT??? It was such an easy game, I finished it.. up to the end game gear grind-fest at least. in 8 DAYS.

The biggest things about Defiance however.. your not out grinding for gear unless you WANT to be.. and you can still team up with anyone to do any of the co-op things in the game. In games where the end game is nothing but a gear grind, YOU aren't "up to snuff" if you don't have the right gear. WoW and SWTOR are two prime examples. I've literally been kicked from end game teams because I didn't have the "proper gear". Defiance ELIMINATES this problem.. the system is SKILL BASED.. it's not a tab-mash-buttons-rinse-repeat fest like EVERY OTHER MMO out there, and frankly, THAT is one reason why I love it.

Now.. not saying there's not some issues here.. but frankly, I've only encountered TWO small glitches since launch, and neither of there where remotely close to game breaking.

I think another thing that people aren't getting:
This game was released on THREE platforms. All three of those platforms require different coding, different script leveling, and a whole different set of designer skills to produce. So in essence, Trion just made THREE games, and even moreso, made three games that act, look, and respond the SAME. That's a HUGE amount of time and manpower invested.

But so far.. I'm loving the game, and I plan on being here a long long long time after the whiners are gone :)

Cutlass Jack
04-19-2013, 12:48 PM
Well I'm not enjoying it at the moment...since I'm busy pretending to work. :rolleyes:

But I'm still enjoying the game during my offtime. The Wife and I duo most free nights of the week and have alot of fun.

Jake Bando
04-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Loving it. Even neglected all the other games I have.
I'm trying to roleplay my character a bit which makes it even more fun.

Here for a long time and looking forward to more content that will be added eventually.

Shada Mori
04-19-2013, 01:12 PM
I love the game. And I like you really don't run into the horrible game breaking bugs people keep reporting. Which is weird since I play alot (probably too much). I don't really understand it, but hey different strokes I guess. I will be with the game a while that's for sure.

RegularX
04-19-2013, 01:14 PM
I still play daily for somewhere between 30 minutes to a couple of hours. I'm on the PS3, so I haven't gotten a patch yet. Bugs are grinding at my patience more than actual grinding at this point.

Vilyn117
04-19-2013, 01:15 PM
No, because i cant get on for more than 10 minutes before their garbage servers dip out.

N3gativeCr33p
04-19-2013, 01:18 PM
Personally, if I find a game that is fun, gives me about 40-50 hrs on first playthrough and has replay value, I am happy.

Couldn't have said it much better myself!

PseudoCool
04-19-2013, 01:19 PM
No, because i cant get on for more than 10 minutes before their garbage servers dip out.

And here we go! Ya know.. that server drop couldn't be ANYTHING on your end at all could it?

Psst.. this is a thread for those of us who are actually HAVING a good time playing the game. The threads for the whiners, complainers, and doom-on-you-sayers is down the hall to the left.. just pick any door, there's TONS of them for you to whine on. :)

Swarm
04-19-2013, 01:19 PM
I love the game myself. the story is pretty good theres tons of stuff to do all the time be it arkfall hunting, reputation, pvp, gold medals etc. the graphics arent the best but better than alot of the mmos ive played. the only things is hate are the major bugs and glitches, random disconnects, the hackers.....(im pretty sure atleast 5 people in shadow war have aimbots). the perks could be a bit more useful and gear progression could be established but besides all that its all really fun.

gothicshark
04-19-2013, 02:03 PM
So far so good, I have tested many MMOs in my life, I have played all the top names on opening week. This one by far has been the least buggy. Oh and I am playing it on the 360. All in all a fast and fun game. Sadly I don't have the epic feel from this one, but it is very enjoyable.

MMOs I have played on release:

E&B - buggy, fun, epic, low pop
SWG - Buggy to the point of unplayable, Epic, Grind and Fun
EVE - Not so buggy, boring game
COH - Buggy, Fun, Epic - Best RP MMO ever
WOW - Buggy Unplayable, took 6 months before the game became fun, Epic
Auto Assault - Unplayable it was buggy and used more resources than Crysis
Guild Wars - Buggy, fun and Epic
Tabula Rasa - Great Idea failed at everything, Monster Bugs, Resource hog
DDO - Buggy, not epic, low population, somewhat fun in a failed WOW clone way
LOTR - Boring, Buggy, fell asleep after the starter quests.
WAR - The game I wish lived up to its hype, So much potential, so much fail, bugs you have not seen bugs until you played the first week of Warhammer.
CO - Not too many bugs besides they didn't have the server strength for release, Epic feel, sadly COH was still the better game.
STO - Unplayable mess of bugs
SWTOR - Not many bugs, it was a good start but failed to keep me playing after a month.
TSW - Some minor bugs, fun game, bad RP community.

Night Stalker
04-19-2013, 02:07 PM

Yes, WoW was not fantastic when it came out, but that was in 2004, and it did have banks, auction house and an actual loot system instead of a lottery. Blizzard got away with the lack of polish at the time, but we now have 2013 and players have, or should have, higher expectations than getting a beta version at the full price. This does not fly in any other industry, not even in the non-gaming software field, but when it comes to video games, people happily accept that they get a green banana.

Like I said, I mostly have fun with Defiance, but by more objective standards it is currently an unpolished and mediocre game that gets exactly the reviews that it presently deserves. Perhaps someone will learn from that.

Agreed. Well said.

TheRealTFreezy
04-19-2013, 03:46 PM
I want to do nothing but play. Sure I've had server issues but ill suffer through to be able to shoot thing and ride around paradise like a badass

SHaDoWeD_SiN
04-23-2013, 03:33 AM
And here we go! Ya know.. that server drop couldn't be ANYTHING on your end at all could it?

Psst.. this is a thread for those of us who are actually HAVING a good time playing the game. The threads for the whiners, complainers, and doom-on-you-sayers is down the hall to the left.. just pick any door, there's TONS of them for you to whine on. :)

Just stop. People can voice their opinions if they want. Remember, the title of the topic is a QUESTION. One which both sides can answer. Please get your head out of your ***. -_- People like you just makes things even worse for those that are not enjoying the game for one reason or another.

Elric1
04-23-2013, 03:53 AM

But I'm a casual gamer so I haven't finished the story and from what I'm hearing.

This right here. when I first played wow it took me 8 months to hit 60 back then. I will savor this game but seriously doubt I'd get bored with friends to chat with and people needing saving all the bloody time. (who doesn't feel like rippin their shirt off via superman whenever info pops up someone needs saving?) A hero's work is never done.

Elric1
04-23-2013, 03:59 AM
Just stop. People can voice their opinions if they want. Remember, the title of the topic is a QUESTION. One which both sides can answer. Please get your head out of your ***. -_- People like you just makes things even worse for those that are not enjoying the game for one reason or another.

So let me get this straight. You made a valid point. he whine. You posted a responce with a whine asking to stop whining by whining. Oxymoron maybe? Why does everyone stoop to the same level and expect different results?

SHaDoWeD_SiN
04-23-2013, 04:13 AM
So let me get this straight. You made a valid point. he whine. You posted a responce with a whine asking to stop whining by whining. Oxymoron maybe? Why does everyone stoop to the same level and expect different results?

And you're an idiot for thinking everything people say is whining. So, what was your point again? Maybe you should step out into the sun and interact with some real human beings before you try tell me I'm whining. Also, it's spelt "response". Maybe someone should go back to school as well and get an education instead of wasting time on a video game?

Randomchaos
04-23-2013, 04:30 AM
I am loving this game! Find myself logging in and playing when I should be working...

NDoyle
04-23-2013, 04:35 AM
Shaky launch, server issues, vanishing weapons, struggling graphics (constant pop-in and outfit delay on XBox), glitched events, repetitive missions, poor/strange design choices (pre-1st ep missions gone, but still start with stratocarrier crash?), questionable writing (the setting/show)...

...and even with all that, yes, I'm enjoying the game. :)

Hunts55
04-23-2013, 05:23 AM
Well I guess i'm one of a minority when I say that I'm currently bored of the game. The odd thing is I haven't even completed the story yet but I'm already bored of it all. And before you all swarm me saying "Do the pursuits,they give you something to do" I am not one of those completionist types not unless I actually get a worthwhile reward for doing it and EGO rating is not worth it since all I see it as is a time sink with the occasional perk. And the Arkfall events, the challenges etc. That is all stuff that after a while I just don't want to do anymore as it's all the same stuff. To me there's a good amount of content in this game, it's just a question of whether you want to do it or not.

Also the fact that barely anyone speaks kind of bugs me a little since in all the other MMO's I've played I found it nice that people were speaking in game but in this (For me anyway) no one seems to speak much which for me makes it feel like a TPS shooter with MMO elements thrown in rather than a full MMOTPS.

I'm going to wait for the 1st DLC to come out then I'll decide whether I'm going to start playing it again or whether I'm just going to trade it in.

r3dl4nce
04-23-2013, 05:32 AM
for me makes it feel like a TPS shooter with MMO elements thrown in rather than a full MMOTPS.MMOTPS = a TPS with MMO elelements.
Or do you think that in MMORPGs the vast majority of players do Role Playing?

Silent Sinner
04-23-2013, 06:06 AM
I love the game, former competitive shooter, and lately MMO player = Defiance rules!

Sure, the game has some flaws, especially various bugs and to little MMO functionality (no auction house, lack of teamplay, etc), but I will stay with it and hopefully Trion fixes it.

Moonshadow Dark
04-23-2013, 06:12 AM
This game is awesome. Plain and simple. Anyone who has a problem with that, well, there's the X button in the top right hand corner. Good bye.

Anim
04-23-2013, 06:26 AM
This game is awesome. Plain and simple. Anyone who has a problem with that, well, there's the X button in the top right hand corner. Good bye.

Comments like this are about as useful as those who shout 'this game sucks i quit'. Are you genuinely saying there is nothing you would want to change in the game to improve its playability?

Bleys
04-23-2013, 06:52 AM
It was fun for a while but the game doesn't have what it takes to keep me playing for much longer.
Best weapons drop from boxes? Co-op bosses dont drop anything :) Is this a joke?

r3dl4nce
04-23-2013, 06:57 AM
Is this a joke?coop = you get keycodes = you use keycodes to get lockbox = random equip "drop" like the boss drop. And you are not forced to farm coop. Not that having a higher quality equip means too much in Defiance, thankfully

Technodude
04-23-2013, 07:23 AM
I enjoy it when it works..which these days most of the time it doesn't.

Krapoton
04-23-2013, 07:26 AM
I enjoy this game a lot, only in pve. The pvp is horrible with all the bunny jumpers, shotguns & camo.
Since the 3/04 I only play defiance, nothing else.

Hunts55
04-23-2013, 08:05 AM
MMOTPS = a TPS with MMO elelements.
Or do you think that in MMORPGs the vast majority of players do Role Playing?

In MMORPG's there's normally a deep immersive world that makes you feel as if you actually are in that world. With Defiance however it's really lacking that sense of immersion. A MMORPG to me is a MMO with a world that makes you feel like you are actually in it without having to role play yourself.

Nazt
04-23-2013, 08:36 AM
Its hard to say, I would have to be able to actually get into the game once in awhile without disconnecting. Currently I'm leaning towards, no, its a complete waste of money, I wouldn't advise my worst enemy to buy this game until their servers have some REAL stability.

Oceanhawk
04-23-2013, 08:37 AM
I enjoy it.
A sci fi mmo and shooter mmo, that's new, and cool. I waited for it for a long time. FE is cool, but it have so many damn skill I don't really feel like playing a shooter sometimes, and the craft system is too much mandatory to play.

LMAO yes lets all sit around and sing about rainbows and unicorns too!! because in that world everything is just peachy!

bdawg84
04-23-2013, 08:42 AM
I've been enjoying this game a lot. Haven't encountered too many bugs so far, or at least nothing that was overly distracting. I really dig the setting and the lore that is being created between this and the show. I look forward to see how the relationship between the two continues to be built.

Ninno20
04-23-2013, 08:49 AM
Yeh, this game has grown on me, but i love the whole grind shooter style.
I don't see the issue with pvp, yes its all shotguns and cammo, or decoy and infector. But since i started using these combos also iv had a lot more fun.

Don't see why people complain so much (with the hacks fair enough that's annoying, but wow i'd be hard pressed to find a game which has never been hacked look at borderlands...)

I would love more story and in depth areas, but i can wait for the dlc, im in no rush. 7days play time 168 hours, i think iv gotten my moneys worth. Iv paid much more for much less gaming wise.

jonwes
04-23-2013, 08:53 AM
Still enjoying it a lot. I don't need a world I can live in forever, just one to keep me occupied from time to time. I find it immersive enough, to be honest, so it suits my needs. But I realize it's not the same for everyone else. I'm not even in San Fran yet, and I've been playing a few hours a day. I'm having a lot of fun with PvP. It can be a challenge when some people are cheesy with their Shotguns or whatever, but if you're clever enough you find ways around it.

Nard
04-23-2013, 09:04 AM
I'm currently sitting at 1,426 EGO Rating and I must say that I'm enjoying it. Although, it could be better in multiple areas. Hopefully there is more of a coorelation between the show and the game. There also needs to be more to do in the game after each episode. 3 little objectives after each episode isn't enough. I mean jeez, how about atleast 6 with a couple missions? Lately I have been grinding the pursuits and contracts.

Honestly though, I'm running out of things to do...

nwo0758
04-23-2013, 09:13 AM
Simple answer yes, loving this game to the max. As w/any MMO there are it's fair share of bugs and whatnot, but let's enjoy the game for what it is, a crazy shoot 'em up with a few instances and missions/side mission and the ability to pair up with a crap ton of players to bring down those blasted arkfalls.

Eisberg
04-23-2013, 09:17 AM
Loving the game :D

Frozen Heart
04-25-2013, 08:43 AM
I enjoy everything else except the PvP, It's simply unbalanced and the bunny hoppers are the worst with Infectors and Detonators.

SirBobbyDanger
04-25-2013, 08:53 AM
nope. not yet. I expect I will when server stability issues are resolved.

Malachi
04-25-2013, 08:53 AM
I'm loving this game. I love that it has a tv show to go with it. I love that it's an MMO shooter, which I've been wanting for quite a while. I really think this game and show, the entire franchise, will become huge and we'll be having Defiance conventions instead of Star Trek ones one day.

Facade
04-25-2013, 08:56 AM
I was at first but I have pretty much quit playing since all my friends have moved on from it. We just got tired of having to repeatedly restart the console to do something as simple as talk to one another.

Being said I probably will try it again after they patch it to see if it improves anything.

DeMoted
04-25-2013, 08:56 AM
I enjoy the game but it definitely doesn't keep my enjoyment for long. So I only play for a little while each day now, might become less and less depending on the next game that comes out.

EchoOne
04-25-2013, 10:06 AM
About 50 hours in, I still enjoy Defiance a lot. Which is surprising, since I usually don`t stick with games for long.

The main reason may be the simplicity in gameplay.
In a way it reminds me of Quake3Arena...a simple set of rules and controls, but just fun to work with. Move, hide, shoot.
I also like the reduced MMO part. Play with other people, be happy if someone adds to your own task, smile at the convoy heading to the next arkfall. No stress.

I really hope they can keep this franchise alive and build up on it, be it through addons or maybe a sequel in the more distant future.

Rek Vio
04-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Yes very much so, pvp reminds me of old school Unreal Tournament in third person view. The themes running throughout the game such as the hellbug infestation remind me Starship Troopers. The apocalyptic western style wastleand remind me of sort of Mad Max feel. My favorite time with the game has been surprinsingly when I first got one of those dune buggy cars, it was simply fun to drive around and do jumps.

Xeos
04-25-2013, 10:17 AM
So far so good, I have tested many MMOs in my life, I have played all the top names on opening week. This one by far has been the least buggy. Oh and I am playing it on the 360. All in all a fast and fun game. Sadly I don't have the epic feel from this one, but it is very enjoyable.

MMOs I have played on release:

E&B - buggy, fun, epic, low pop
SWG - Buggy to the point of unplayable, Epic, Grind and Fun
EVE - Not so buggy, boring game
COH - Buggy, Fun, Epic - Best RP MMO ever
WOW - Buggy Unplayable, took 6 months before the game became fun, Epic
Auto Assault - Unplayable it was buggy and used more resources than Crysis
Guild Wars - Buggy, fun and Epic
Tabula Rasa - Great Idea failed at everything, Monster Bugs, Resource hog
DDO - Buggy, not epic, low population, somewhat fun in a failed WOW clone way
LOTR - Boring, Buggy, fell asleep after the starter quests.
WAR - The game I wish lived up to its hype, So much potential, so much fail, bugs you have not seen bugs until you played the first week of Warhammer.
CO - Not too many bugs besides they didn't have the server strength for release, Epic feel, sadly COH was still the better game.
STO - Unplayable mess of bugs
SWTOR - Not many bugs, it was a good start but failed to keep me playing after a month.
TSW - Some minor bugs, fun game, bad RP community.

How I wish WAR would have worked out, Greenskins Were great Waaaagh

Sacrimony
04-30-2013, 10:02 PM
...still enjoying it!

Elandriel
05-01-2013, 04:24 AM
For the past week, I usually log into the game 1 or 2 times a day and .... don't know what to do. Every time I try to think of something to do I realize I will be doing it only to pass time and nothing will change, so I usually log out after a minute or two. I think you can deduct how much I am enjoying it right now. :)

Chilmeister
05-01-2013, 05:10 AM
Loving it just bloody loving it, yes it needs fixes but so does every single game released these days, you just try log onto any game without it patching at some point.

As for lack of content all i can say is are you playing this game with your eyes shut or are you a no lifer that just sat and played the whole game while sitting on a porta loo and being drip fed so you did not have to leave your console for a week. And if you completed it in less than a week you really need help.

Ive been playing over 3 weeks now and still not crossed the bridge yet, i cant even cruise along a road without someone crying for help or being chased by a hulker or swarms of hellbugs (that i feel is my duty to run over then fight to the death)

Ive also been completing contracts and challenges, racing with mates trying to beat each others time trials. Blasting through co op runs and then the madness of racing around the arkfalls.
Compared to a lot of other games this has tons of content but you have got to be willing to get out there and do it. Dont just blast through the main story and a few side missions then come on the forums and whine that its over.

Yes complain there are bugs thats how they get fixed, Yes complain it was too easy they will put in harder content.

No dont complain its too small because in the end thats just the way you chose to play the game by rushing through it.

No dont complain you didnt get your moneys worth because compaired to most games this is huge with more to come.

Try to be positive when complaining, complain about things you want fixed and if your still not happy you can always go back to Black ops 2 or Borderlands 2 because they are huge and not repetative at all are they :p

ExpiredLifetime
05-01-2013, 05:13 AM
I actually haven't felt the urge to play in the past week or so, and just checked the forums to see if they had rolled out anything new. While I enjoyed the game and love the concept, I just got tired of face rolling anything I came across with little to no challenge at all.

maxila
05-01-2013, 09:44 AM
I have enjoyed the game and it was well worth my $60.00; however I do have to admit I am starting to get a little bored doing the same stuff over and over, just to level up. This is true of all MMO's I've played, you finish all the content do what was fun, do it over a few times and at some point it feels like a grind and the fun diminishes.

I've played through the main missions twice and the only one I'd like to do a few more times is fight Nim; however I don't want to go through the entire story again to do it. I still enjoy the game but my play time is going to go down until there is some new stuff to do... and things that feel like a grind are different than fun new content. This is a problem of all MMO's I've played so I don't blame the developers. It is apparently not possible for MMO's to turn out fresh new content at a pace that can keep up the player’s ability to run through it. I still think the game is worth the money and I look forward to new missions and areas in the future.

Calranthe
05-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Loving it, will probably buy wife a copy of it too

Draaconis
05-01-2013, 10:08 AM
Yes indeedie. Much fun to be had.

Zeliska
05-01-2013, 10:08 AM

Why?

I am thoroughly enjoying the game and - for someone like me, who can only afford to play anywhere between 1-2 hours a night, there is PLENTY of content to consume at that rate. I still have a fair amount of pursuits to complete. I try and complete the episodic content first - so that I am never in danger of losing out on any bonuses when they are removed (I did miss out on Irisa's Arkhunter outfit sadly). I think the timed challenges and races are difficult - but rewarding when finally achieved. I haven't done a lot of co-op, but am looking forward to that. I don't envy the players who have consumed all of the content already - I think it's a shame that they don't have anything to look forward to. I know this is an unrealistic wish - but I do wish more players would savor their experiences more and truly delve into the deeper recesses of the experience - I think they would find it a more satisfying and richer journey. But that's how I approach the game; I know not everyone shares my belief in that regard.

Schwa
05-01-2013, 10:09 AM
I enjoy the idea of Defiance, but I'm not quite sure where it is.

baelrusk
05-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Was enjoying it. Now not so much.

DamnShtako
05-01-2013, 11:54 PM
No matter what, I see the potential in this game and I AM LOVING IT and so is my husband. We have two games in our house, one for each TV and we enjoy it to the max together. Still haven't finished the main storyline but we are taking our sweet sweet time.

The game has a few problems here and there, but hopefully in time they will all be addressed and the game can truly reach it's potential.

Don Nawetta
05-02-2013, 12:04 AM
As another player said in another thread: Funny mindless pew pew :)

Yes, Im having fun in Defiance :D

Aryctic
05-02-2013, 12:05 AM

Why?

Loved this post. Agree with everything said.

Bopbarker
05-02-2013, 12:31 AM
I'm enjoying the game so much that when I take a break from it I'm on these damn forums.

Sprawl
05-02-2013, 12:38 AM
Yeah I got addicted fast.

I think its the general feel of the game that hooked me. Yeah it took a while to get used to the controls (usually use mouse/kb for tps - have Xbox version)

The things I love:

Arkfalls
Helping out people stuck on missions
Customising of Weapons is very good and changes are noticeable.
Quad Bikes

Things I don't like:
Vehicle abuse at arkfalls (please fix this Trion)

Archaic954
05-02-2013, 01:19 AM
ooh want to add the only MMO i ever heard of was "balanced" never played it myself tho, was Shadowbane!

But lets face it AoC, WAR, MXO, CO, WoW, Aion, TERA list goes on was never ever balanced in the PVP aspect!

Let us not forget that epic, EvE. The PvP in EvE was unbalanced as H**L until you got the creds to supply your ship properly, THEN it became Unbalance and Crazier than a bat covering up s**t.... Just saying...

CaptainRaj
05-02-2013, 03:31 AM
Yes, i'm loving it. In fact, in 25 years of playing computer games (I also have a real life.... just saying), I've never been so addicted to a game.

Mike JezZ
05-02-2013, 05:40 AM
I'm burned out.

- No gear progression.
- Talents do so little
- No progression at all. Ego 1 or Ego 5000? No noticeable difference.

So I stopped.

M00N
05-02-2013, 05:57 AM
- No gear progression.

Well i feel that this is the general feeling people got, but really there is i have seen weapons that get extra magazines from the weapon XP, also that gives permanent weapon dmg, 30% run speed boost on full reload (great in pvp) Sure others arent as good as dmg from above and 30% fire rate for 5sec after self-revive.

Also the initial weapon bonuses varies:

White = no bonuses
Green = 1 bonus
Blue = 1 bonus
purple = 2 bonuses
orange = 3 bonuses to said weapon

Were also weapon xp will add another one. Theres even weapons around that can give a bonus to what you like personaly, several times.

Seen one weapon with 2 mag, 2 crit multi, 2 reload bonuses packed into 1 weapon. That makes diffrent weapons diffrent in each players hands and you can tailor things to the way you like it.

- Talents do so little
- No progression at all. Ego 1 or Ego 5000? No noticeable difference.

Yes and No, talents in themselves arent giving much but combine it with weapons and their bonuses and you see ALOT of diffrences, also the more slots you got = the higher EGO you got the more "small" bonuses you ADD-UP to your other pool of bonuses giving advantages.

Just wanted to state my views on it, your mind are your mind and sorry to hear that you dont enjoy the game.

Neptonius
05-02-2013, 06:00 AM
Im loving each minute of it ... meh so addicted atm. :p Even tho many of the goals are boring.

Mike JezZ
05-02-2013, 06:07 AM
Well i feel that this is the general feeling people got, but really there is i have seen weapons that get extra magazines from the weapon XP, also that gives permanent weapon dmg, 30% run speed boost on full reload (great in pvp) Sure others arent as good as dmg from above and 30% fire rate for 5sec after self-revive.

Also the initial weapon bonuses varies:

White = no bonuses
Green = 1 bonus
Blue = 1 bonus
purple = 2 bonuses
orange = 3 bonuses to said weapon

Were also weapon xp will add another one. Theres even weapons around that can give a bonus to what you like personaly, several times.

Seen one weapon with 2 mag, 2 crit multi, 2 reload bonuses packed into 1 weapon. That makes diffrent weapons diffrent in each players hands and you can tailor things to the way you like it.

Yes and No, talents in themselves arent giving much but combine it with weapons and their bonuses and you see ALOT of diffrences, also the more slots you got = the higher EGO you got the more "small" bonuses you ADD-UP to your other pool of bonuses giving advantages.

Just wanted to state my views on it, your mind are your mind and sorry to hear that you dont enjoy the game.

In the end your gear makes no big difference.

What does the extra reload speed if you die anyways before you even reload? They are small buffs, that in the end makes no big difference.

If it had more typical progression, I were all over it. But grind keys for different small buffs nah

Fatalmephisto
05-02-2013, 06:17 AM
EGO rating for me plays a huge part on your character but most people look at it as if does nothing to help improve your character as you get higher up in the rank. Truth be told, i strongly believe it does help with getting those perk slots opened and having your character be a faster character as a whole. My main build that i use in the game is a fast reloader with a shorter EGO power recharge. It helps so much to keep my DPS at an extremely high rate. Making my DPS stay up there just below LMG users. So if i didn't have my 6 perk slots opened (Ego rank 2200 at the moment) my build wouldn't work out with my weapon (Frontier Battle Rifle). Of course i can still do it without but i would have to take off the more important perks that keep my *** alive in battle. So yeah for me EGO Rank plays a big role at least it does for me.

Rainman
05-02-2013, 06:17 AM
Yep still having fun in pve and pvp

M00N
05-02-2013, 06:18 AM

What does the extra reload speed if you die anyways before you even reload? They are small buffs, that in the end makes no big difference.

If it had more typical progression, I were all over it. But grind keys for different small buffs nah

Well the trick is getting the right buff :)

30% movement speed is insane for pvp
X bonus to dmg buff (general, not behind or above) makes you have an advantage to others
X bonus to magazine also really good for some weapons = shotguns in pvp were you dont have to reload as much.

But as i said not all bonuses are good, atm thats why some weapons out there are better than others.

But once they add the ability to reset the xp bar and bonus as intended you can lvl up your weapon until you got the bonus you want that suits your play style.

Also start adding up all the bonuses you can have, the added-up bonuses will be much better than the ones you had at the start of the game and middway trough. Specially with the right bonuses small numbers gathered up will soon become big numbers.

Having 10 Perk slots and a weapon with 3 weapon bonuses and then the weapon xp bonus, and once they release the "good" mods that you can have 4 of add those bonuses in and it will be insane really.

CaptainRaj
05-02-2013, 06:26 AM

Fair enough. I'm sorry you're not enjoying the game. You've made some points, be they informed or not is irrelevant as they're mainly opinions - which I'm not dissing, just observing. But I have one question for you (and all of the other people of a similar inclination); If you're all "burned out" and done with the game, why are you still on the forum? If you drive somewhere, do you get to the destination and then just sit in the car for no reason just hanging about?

theManinBlack
05-02-2013, 06:27 AM
I'm loving the game! 1250+ ego and my ADHD still kicks in and side tracks me from anything I had planned on doing. Like saying I was going to max my runner but not getting to it because of all the other shiny distractions that make me hop off my quad. I'm sorry you aren't noticing your characters power increase throughout your play. All of those little bonuses do indeed add up in a way that makes me feel a lot more confident striding into battle. If they additionally implemented stat increases to guns, the games (IMO way better than everyone else thinks) balances would be thrown way off track. I think if they simply added a character sheet or some space off to the side of each load out that calculated all of the bonuses from weapon skill, items, etc. people would be much happier with the visibility of their characters power level. Someone else suggested that an I thought it was a good idea.

The increase in your character is never monumental, and another thing that can make it hard is going back to areas like mount tam and you will be ripping through enemies, until the game scales up and throws elites at you instead of the reg trash mob. My favorite thing about this game has been the scaleable difficulty that has accompanied me while leveling up no matter what region or zone I'm in.

CaptainRaj
05-02-2013, 06:31 AM
I'm loving the game! 1250+ ego and my ADHD still kicks in and side tracks me from anything I had planned on doing. Like saying I was going to max my runner but not getting to it because of all the other shiny distractions that make me hop off my quad. I'm sorry you aren't noticing your characters power increase throughout your play. All of those little bonuses do indeed add up in a way that makes me feel a lot more confident striding into battle. If they additionally implemented stat increases to guns, the games (IMO way better than everyone else thinks) balances would be thrown way off track. I think if they simply added a character sheet or some space off to the side of each load out that calculated all of the bonuses from weapon skill, items, etc. people would be much happier with the visibility of their characters power level. Someone else suggested that an I thought it was a good idea.

The increase in your character is never monumental, and another thing that can make it hard is going back to areas like mount tam and you will be ripping through enemies, until the game scales up and throws elites at you instead of the reg trash mob. My favorite thing about this game has been the scaleable difficulty that has accompanied me while leveling up no matter what region or zone I'm in.

^^^^^ Yes, this ^^^^^^

I couldn't agree more with just about every word there. I love the ADHD from this game. The only time I don't suffer from ADHD is when I'm screaming ARKFALL and taking the shortest, fastest and bumpiest route to it!

M00N
05-02-2013, 06:33 AM
The only time I don't suffer from ADHD is when I'm screaming ARKFALL and taking the shortest, fastest and bumpiest route to it!

haha well i recognice myself in this :) and i dont have ADHD :P just the plain 'ol game addiction :P

Mike JezZ
05-02-2013, 06:43 AM
Fair enough. I'm sorry you're not enjoying the game. You've made some points, be they informed or not is irrelevant as they're mainly opinions - which I'm not dissing, just observing. But I have one question for you (and all of the other people of a similar inclination); If you're all "burned out" and done with the game, why are you still on the forum? If you drive somewhere, do you get to the destination and then just sit in the car for no reason just hanging about?

Well hopefully people don't see me as a "troll" or "bashing", because I still lure the forums though I stopped playing.

Well, even though its a while since I played WoW, I still check forums about it, for curiousity. You know, maybe something appealing to me came in an update, or maybe theres some interesting to read.

I'm not here to flame, but to observe. Any good updates? Anything new and exciting? Making some more gear itemization etc.

Gohlar
05-02-2013, 06:45 AM
But I have one question for you (and all of the other people of a similar inclination); If you're all "burned out" and done with the game, why are you still on the forum?

To talk about the game? Maybe encourage Trion to turn this into something resembling a complete game? If you don't want to do this why are you on the forum?

What a dumb question...

CaptainRaj
05-02-2013, 06:51 AM
Well hopefully people don't see me as a "troll" or "bashing", because I still lure the forums though I stopped playing.

Well, even though its a while since I played WoW, I still check forums about it, for curiousity. You know, maybe something appealing to me came in an update, or maybe theres some interesting to read.

I'm not here to flame, but to observe. Any good updates? Anything new and exciting? Making some more gear itemization etc.

Okay, cool, that's a fair answer with a good point.

@Gohlar. You could learn from Mike Jezz. It's called conversing and being constructive.

"What a dumb question..." <-- What a dumb comment!

Gohlar
05-02-2013, 06:55 AM
@Gohlar. You could learn from Mike Jezz. It's called conversing and being constructive.

Exactly the opposite of asking people why they are here if they don't agree with you.

Defiance is one of the most half baked games in recent memory. It needs a ton of help to even be an average game. It's seriously lacking in the group content area and this was advertised as an mmo. Brain dead Arkfalls are a joke.

Having people make useless posts like yours gets old. If you didn't understand the purpose of a chat forum now you do. Sorry but asking people why they are discussing the game on the discussion forum is just flat out dumb. There is simply no other way to describe such a stupid question.

But really, many people are very disappointed and they are going to talk about it. It's a pretty bad game and it needs all the suggestions it can get. Deal with it.

CaptainRaj
05-02-2013, 07:02 AM
Exactly the opposite of asking people why they are here if they don't agree with you.

Defiance is one of the most half baked games in recent memory. It needs a ton of help to even be an above average game. It's seriously lacking in the group content area and this was advertised as an mmo. Brain dead Arkfalls are a joke.

Having people make useless posts like yours gets old. If you didn't understand the purpose of a chat forum now you do. Gotta love the irony of a someone making useless, nonconstructive posts to call out other's posts because they disagree. Sorry but asking people why they are discussing the game on the discussion forum is just flat out dumb. There is simply no other way to describe such a stupid question.

But really, many people are very disappointed and they are going to talk about it. It's a pretty bad game and it needs all the suggestions it can get. Deal with it.

Thanks for forcing your opinion on me. I'm enlightened now. I didn't realise my enjoyment of the game was wrong. Sorry.

I asked a genuine question and I asked it nicely. I was given a genuine answer and it was answered nicely. You, on the other hand, have anger issues. Go take them out on someone else, kiddo.

Gohlar
05-02-2013, 07:03 AM
Thanks for forcing your opinion on me. I'm enlightened now. I didn't realise my enjoyment of the game was wrong. Sorry.

I asked a genuine question and I asked it nicely. I was given a genuine answer and it was answered nicely. You, on the other hand, have anger issues. Go take them out on someone else, kiddo.

When I tell you to stop posting like you do, I will be forcing opinions. Nice ironic comment at the end. You seem to do that a lot.

Kiddo.

M00N
05-02-2013, 07:04 AM
Move somewere else pls with your bash-war :( and i and others in this thread would be greatful. Dont want it to get closed becouse of a wordfeud :)

Thanks!

Gohlar
05-02-2013, 07:05 AM
Move somewere else pls with your bash-war :( and i and others in this thread would be greatful. Dont want it to get closed becouse of a wordfeud :)

Thanks!

I agree, this is why people should stick to talking about the game and not play backseat moderator. It's just dumb to do so.

Personally, I don't know anyone who is pleased with the game at all. Steamrolling the same brain dead enemies really doesn't hold many people's attention for long I imagine. As a TPS, Defiance is seriously lacking in interesting content/challenge.

Toxia
05-02-2013, 07:10 AM

Why?

I can not agree with this at all and I rarely post.

The whole game is like a glorified starting area. Nothing really evolves at all and there is nothing to do with my clan! Arkfalls are so disappointing!

Neverwinter nights is free and has more dynamic content. It's not a shooter but even from the start the higher quality is immediately noticeable coming from Defiance.

Defiance is on par with most mmos early betas in my opinion.

CaptainRaj
05-02-2013, 07:10 AM
...anyway

haha well i recognice myself in this :) and i dont have ADHD :P just the plain 'ol game addiction :P

Lol. I love it when you go from one mini arkfall to another mini arkfall within a major arkfall and you see a trail of purple all racing to it. You get a real feeling a ark hunting! I want to see a HUGE arkfall with all of the different enemies involved.

This game is a real time sink. I pop on for what should be a "quick 30 minutes" and a few hours go by! I actually can't wait to get home and play it tonight. It's a Pizza and Defiance night for me!! Yes, very sad, I know :P

M00N
05-02-2013, 07:16 AM
It's a Pizza and Defiance night for me!! Yes, very sad, I know :P

Been there done that! Well to think of it maybe it is for me to tonight! time will tell :D

CaptainRaj
05-02-2013, 07:20 AM
If you're on Xbox, I'll see you at an arkfall!

I'm loving the new hellbugs too. The syphon monarch's look really cool. I want one.

Mylo
05-02-2013, 07:45 AM
yes. Just now, after completing all the actual missions and sub missions ( haven't near done many of those racing time trials or stuff like that). nim fight was really kind of Meh. It was hard in an annoying kind of way. because I did all side missions given, my ego was about 600 when I went into the final encounter.
I have not run into a single server issue since the first 48 hours of launch. lag has for the most part been fantastic, really. not certain what folks are really thinking of with all the negativity. oh wait. the borked communication ability. the fact because it's a multi-platform content vehicle, chat is only viable for 1/3 the game's population, and the built-in voicechat is so dreadful it's been easier to just play with it off. I'm really hoping they will fix it eventually, but it's been terribad since beta 3... which really wasn't a beta, more of a stress test.

but is it enjoyable? yes. it's refreshing and different. I look forward to seeing where this will go.

mattlewis
05-02-2013, 07:50 AM
it's a good time. i spent an hour with my clan seeing who could climb a tree yesterday and get to the top.
epic.

RegularX
05-02-2013, 08:01 AM
If you're on Xbox, I'll see you at an arkfall!

I'm loving the new hellbugs too. The syphon monarch's look really cool. I want one.

Can I just say that you are also one handsome SOB.

CaptainRaj
05-02-2013, 08:28 AM
Can I just say that you are also one handsome SOB.

And a tip of the cap to you, Mr RegularX

LtRobbiesan
05-02-2013, 08:49 AM

Nicely said, and exactly where I'm at. I am not feeling a need to finish the story missions yet; just taking my sweet time and enjoying the game. Playing co-op maps, contracts, pursuits, and arkfalls is keeping me nice n busy.

Also, I love the sayings like "too bad they weren't handing out brains when they gave out guns", just makes me lol each time.

Soobydoo
05-02-2013, 08:56 AM
The whole game is like a glorified starting area. Nothing really evolves at all and there is nothing to do with my clan! Arkfalls are so disappointing!

Neverwinter nights is free and has more dynamic content. It's not a shooter but even from the start the higher quality is immediately noticeable coming from Defiance.

Defiance is on par with most mmos early betas in my opinion.

You're a PC gamer right? I think that for PC gamers and MMO PC 'veterans' this game would look like an early beta. However, for console players this is all bright, shiny, and new.

I think that that's the reason for a lot of the disagreement/disappointment. Your expectations are different from console gamers, generally speaking. Also, your choices for MMOs are obviously much larger.

That being said, I am enjoying Defiance, and it seems to be getting better. Xbox NA server is getting busier and busier by the day. I can't even farm solo anymore and I'm loving it.

CaptainRaj
05-02-2013, 09:00 AM
Nicely said, and exactly where I'm at. I am not feeling a need to finish the story missions yet; just taking my sweet time and enjoying the game. Playing co-op maps, contracts, pursuits, and arkfalls is keeping me nice n busy.

Also, I love the sayings like "too bad they weren't handing out brains when they gave out guns", just makes me lol each time.

Me too. I'm not rushing around trying to finish anything. I'm just enjoying the game as it is. There is plenty keeping me distracted and busy.

xxpatrick42xx
05-02-2013, 09:03 AM
The game is always growing and pursuits to work on . It is truely one of the those few games that will keep you busy for some time . I think trion hit gold by putting it on the consoles and pc's. With the patch today i think you will see alot of the issues fixed and game play up to par.

ZSmokedOut1
05-02-2013, 09:04 AM
No matter what, I see the potential in this game and I AM LOVING IT and so is my bf. We have two games in our house, one for each TV and we enjoy it to the max together. Still haven't finished the main storyline but we are taking our sweet sweet time.

The game has a few problems here and there, but hopefully in time they will all be addressed and the game can truly reach it's potential.
?
im glad someone sees the game like see it and not on the forum jus to bash it you two n ps3,pc,or 360?

BleakPanther
05-02-2013, 09:07 AM
I'm still having a ball. They released my favorite since early beta vehicle in the ingame store this week. I'm working on combat pursuits. Playing a little PvP here and there. Finished the story and most of the side missions weeks ago. Hit a bored patch late last week but decided to run a few co-ops to finish up the pursuits and got hooked again. Taking my least favorite weapons to level 10 almost broke me though. Infectors and BMG can both die in a fire at this point. I'll probably be 4000+ EGO before I look at those suckers again.

OrpheusXI
05-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Best game for Ps3 right now IMO, and I usually play mostly Football and JRPGs. I just want some new maps and/or better stuff in the cash shop.

foggyhaze
05-02-2013, 09:20 AM
this game is amazingly fun i beat the story missions that are out in about 12 hours at ego rating 950 now iam running around doing arkfalls and killing any hellbug 99er or dark matter that pops up on my screen i have just made 3 more characters and after the update i will get back to lvling up each character and i use every gun i find. lol iam addicted to this game i just hope the bugs get fixed
still have the annoying reloading bug

deathtrap
05-02-2013, 09:23 AM
i agree that vehicles should be nerfed only in arkfalls.

Spyhunter
05-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Hightech work and games as a form of recreation and escape have been a part of my life since age 12 and I am almost 46 now.
I have played everything from Atari Pong, Asteroids and Pitfall in the 1970's and 80's top the MMO's, FPS, Flight Sims, Turn based games and RTS since the 1990's as the net opened up to the public and I can say so far, the devs are getting this game right.

Yes there are "issues" - happend in all games BUT these folks apparently DO listen, do not drown out their players, and are updating content all the time and I love that, not to mention the action is fast, there is a ton of things to do and the game makes a player "feel heroic, strategic and mentally challenged" which is what I want from a game.

Now if they can just keep chat up and running, and add some "quick button features" for switching loadouts without having to go to the main avatar menu and interrupt combat, I would be even more pleased.

CaptainRaj
05-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Hightech work and games as a form of recreation and escape have been a part of my life since age 12 and I am almost 46 now.
I have played everything from Atari Pong, Asteroids and Pitfall in the 1970's and 80's top the MMO's, FPS, Flight Sims, Turn based games and RTS since the 1990's as the net opened up to the public and I can say so far, the devs are getting this game right.

Yes there are "issues" - happend in all games BUT these folks apparently DO listen, do not drown out their players, and are updating content all the time and I love that, not to mention the action is fast, there is a ton of things to do and the game makes a player "feel heroic, strategic and mentally challenged" which is what I want from a game.

Now if they can just keep chat up and running, and add some "quick button features" for switching loadouts without having to go to the main avatar menu and interrupt combat, I would be even more pleased.

Well said, Mr. Hunter. Although I was an advocate of the quick cycle through load-out idea, but RoG Goat made a good point here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?54953-Let-s-Keep-These-Suggestions-Organized/page2 so I'm off the idea.

theManinBlack
05-04-2013, 06:46 PM
@BleakPanther - I'm still having a ball. They released my favorite since early beta vehicle in the ingame store this week. I'm working on combat pursuits. Playing a little PvP here and there. Finished the story and most of the side missions weeks ago. Hit a bored patch late last week but decided to run a few co-ops to finish up the pursuits and got hooked again. Taking my least favorite weapons to level 10 almost broke me though. Infectors and BMG can both die in a fire at this point. I'll probably be 4000+ EGO before I look at those suckers again.
I have been working on those as well. My infector has become my enemy. I just want it at 10 and then I can forget about it. I will probably salvage all infectors in my inventory once I hit 10.

I would take a shoulder swap button for the quick load out swap.
I plan on completing the competitive pursuits so that I can go into pvp maps and use the assault rifle and pistol. Just so others get kills and enjoy the game more.

Muffinman
05-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Im loving it, don't quite understand all the bad reviews.

Sure its buggy, but the core game play is a blast! =)

Cricket
05-04-2013, 06:48 PM
I'M enjoying this game... except where I cant beat it... rampage: draw the line... >:(

xCYGNUSx
05-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Bugs yes, bother me, HELL NO! This game is like crack to me. I work a lot so I can't play much, but I do every chance I get. At work when the say we have to do overtime I get all pissed and start freaking out cause I have to wait longer to play.

Hi my name is Jim and I am a Defiance video game addict!

Have fun all.

DamnShtako
05-17-2013, 02:29 PM
?
im glad someone sees the game like see it and not on the forum jus to bash it you two n ps3,pc,or 360?

We play on the XBOX 360! :)

Mudturtle Jones
05-17-2013, 03:46 PM
I'm having a good time too. This is my first MMO so I have nothing to compare that aspect to. I haven't had to many problems with bugs. I've been bounced offline a couple of times and seen some graphic glitches but nothing serious. I was playind Skyrim before this and there are at least as many bugs in that game. It has locked up my console many a time. I really like being able to play with other people. I'm not into competition but I like the co-op part. I'll be driving down the road and see someone in a battle and just jump in.