PDA

View Full Version : Is this an acceptable response from support?

urbanzkopf
04-19-2013, 09:28 AM
I recently purchased a tier 3 lock box with bits by accident, this was due to me buying key codes with the matrix and stupidly the shop decides on each purchase, lets rotate all the stock so that you can click the wrong thing. Without realizing I then accidentally clicked buy tier 3 and then with bits only realising just after clicking.

So I open a ticket, and it takes me a good couple of days to actually get a reply and here it is:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f167/astroino/support_zps0d51c55c.jpg

If this is a genuine response I am pretty disgusted at the support tbh.

Naota
04-19-2013, 09:29 AM
I recently purchased a tier 3 lock box with bits by accident, this was due to me buying key codes with the matrix and stupidly the shop decides on each purchase, lets rotate all the stock so that you can click the wrong thing. Without realizing I then accidentally clicked buy tier 3 and then with bits only realising just after clicking.

So I open a ticket, and it takes me a good couple of days to actually get a reply and here it is:

Wooow. Did you get a refund?

Cutlass Jack
04-19-2013, 09:30 AM
Thats not a real reply. (Though it is funny) The ticket is still open.

My advice to you is to use Live Chat Support through the website. You'll get a much faster reply and see exactly where you are in the Queue. But don't close this ticket yourself until after Live Support helps you.

Kommissar Kaede
04-19-2013, 09:30 AM
I'd say its legit as the randomization is very much intended.

urbanzkopf
04-19-2013, 09:31 AM
Thats not a real reply. (Though it is funny) The ticket is still open.

My advice to you is to use Live Chat Support through the website. You'll get a much faster reply and see exactly where you are in the Queue. But don't close this ticket yourself until after Live Support helps you.

Thanks it seemed a bit dodgy to be a real response, but you can never really be sure..

& nope, no refund ;(

RegularX
04-19-2013, 09:32 AM
If I agree that you have every right to be disgusted at the response, can I still find it funny?

Hiten
04-19-2013, 09:32 AM
LOLOLOL

Trolled by support! ;)

In all seriousness, I hope you get your refund, and yes they really need to fix the rotating buttons...ugh.

urbanzkopf
04-19-2013, 09:33 AM
If I agree that you have every right to be disgusted at the response, can I still find it funny?

yes you can haha, I could see how this would be funny from an outside point of view!

oexto
04-19-2013, 09:34 AM
at least he didn't respond with "cool story bro"

Hiroller
04-19-2013, 09:36 AM

god i hate how the game does that. luckily i dont buy bits or else i would of had to deal this .

*screenshot

Facade
04-19-2013, 09:37 AM
Thanks ******, I have to wipe off my desk now from my coffee.

It took me a second as the reply looked blank and I lost it when I saw the simple "k".

BleakPanther
04-19-2013, 09:38 AM
Even a guy that's been called a fanboy can say that's bull.

BUT since its still an open ticket, I'd wager its an accidental reply or a hella disgruntled worker who'll be looking for employment soon.

urbanzkopf
04-19-2013, 09:39 AM
I'll just clarify now, this is 100% not made up, this is what I actually have in the response box...

MacDeath
04-19-2013, 09:40 AM
BTW, after the latest patch the stock doesn't rotate. That will make it less likely to pick the wrong item.

urbanzkopf
04-19-2013, 09:41 AM
BTW, after the latest patch the stock doesn't rotate. That will make it less likely to pick the wrong item.

Thank the lord for that, I had hoped they would fix a stupid issue like that soon.

Cutlass Jack
04-19-2013, 09:42 AM

Very good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

Jestunhi
04-19-2013, 09:43 AM
I would hope it was a simple error.

e.g. he managed to typo the very first letter, and then missed backspace and hit enter?

That said, if I were running customer support and someone told me they had bought the wrong thing I wouldn't refund them. You got exactly what you purchased.

LordRaymond
04-19-2013, 09:44 AM
LOL! Yes it is an acceptable response when the ticket is still open.

Young Blood
04-19-2013, 09:44 AM

Did you get your Bits back?

urbanzkopf
04-19-2013, 09:45 AM
I would hope it was a simple error.

e.g. he managed to typo the very first letter, and then missed backspace and hit enter?

That said, if I were running customer support and someone told me they had bought the wrong thing I wouldn't refund them. You got exactly what you purchased.

I didn't buy the wrong thing on purpose, due to their stupid store flaw that the stock rotates after every purchase I misclicked buy with bits on a tier box...

Nope ;(

Cutlass Jack
04-19-2013, 09:45 AM

No he just got Comedy Bits. :cool:

Brezick
04-19-2013, 09:47 AM
I doubt they will do anything for this, because it would set too much of a precedent for others to "mistakenly" purchase a lockbox. Not saying you did, but still.

This should be turned more into a suggestion to add a pop up confirming that you want to spend bits on the item rather than just going through with the purchase.

urbanzkopf
04-19-2013, 09:49 AM
I doubt they will do anything for this, because it would set too much of a precedent for others to "mistakenly" purchase a lockbox. Not saying you did, but still.

This should be turned more into a suggestion to add a pop up confirming that you want to spend bits on the item rather than just going through with the purchase.

I don't see how you could go for a "mistakenly" purchased box.... surely if I was trying to do that just to see whats inside they would notice how I would be continuously purchasing them and saying "oops, I did it again >_<!"

I played Rift a lot and the support there was great, this is why this disappointed me a lot, due to the fact under support there is a tab for "purchased wrong item" issue, I'd like to think I stand a good chance of getting it back.

Jestunhi
04-19-2013, 09:49 AM
I didn't buy the wrong thing on purpose, due to their stupid store flaw that the stock rotates after every purchase I misclicked buy with bits on a tier box...

Of course you didn't buy the wrong thing on purpose. But you were provided with exactly what you clicked on.

Jestunhi
04-19-2013, 09:50 AM

Exactly.

No oranges / purples?

Just write to support and tell them you didn't mean to click on it!

urbanzkopf
04-19-2013, 09:51 AM
Exactly.

No oranges / purples?

Just write to support and tell them you didn't mean to click on it!

makes sense, why buy it with 64 keycodes and 35k scrip when you could spend real money and waste it?

Sajin
04-19-2013, 09:52 AM

Better than this one guys in tech I saw a few days ago.
Just said
d)(H

ANTIDEAD
You shouldn't have put "it's not my fault I bought it, the game has a rubbish design" in your ticket, honestly. While it's not the best design, that's not any more likely to get your issue solved.

zeohn
LOL THEY WRITE TO ME THIS CWL? NO CLUE I DONT SPEAK TWIT Mr GM

Brezick
04-19-2013, 09:53 AM
I did not intend for it to mean that you were, just if they allowed a refund for you, there would be precedence to have to allow this in the future.

Strontium Dog
All replies I have for tickets that were closed say either C or I

Ignorant CSR IMHO . And open tickets for 15days and counting :(

urbanzkopf
You shouldn't have put "it's not my fault I bought it, the game has a rubbish design" in your ticket, honestly. While it's not the best design, that's not any more likely to get your issue solved.

a human emotion known as frustration, you must have heard of it ;)

Hope499
04-19-2013, 09:54 AM
wooooooow that would irratate me soooo bad...fine if you dont give me a refund, but "k"?

Someone needs to get slapped in their nerd face

urbanzkopf
04-19-2013, 09:55 AM
number 14 in the live support que anyway, I'll keep you posted if I get a refund, I have hope that I will. *fingers crossed*

Jestunhi
04-19-2013, 09:57 AM
makes sense, why buy it with 64 keycodes and 35k scrip when you could spend real money and waste it?

Not a waste if Trion are foolish enough to refund it. ;)

urbanzkopf
04-19-2013, 09:58 AM
Not a waste if Trion are foolish enough to refund it. ;)

You don't seem to be the kind of person who thinks people make mistakes.... but whatever not going to get into an argument with you over it, flame away.

Edit: keep on topic, I didn't come here asking for suggestions on if you think i'll get a refund.

Tastix
04-19-2013, 09:58 AM
I got two that just said W. Kind of messed up, i mean do the players not even deserve a 1 sentence response?

Bartuc
04-19-2013, 10:00 AM
I hope you take no offence but ahahahahahahahahahaha that is brilliant.

LostAlgorithm
04-19-2013, 10:01 AM
It almost sounds to me that the letter responses people are getting are some kind of internal code to designate what kind of issue the ticket relates to. Seems like something we aren't meant to see, but due to poor implementation of the ticket response system, we do.

Remag Div
04-19-2013, 10:02 AM
If I saw that I wouldn't even be mad anymore.

MaSh_MaN94
04-19-2013, 10:03 AM
Im sorry, but i find this funny! but not so funny if it was me tbh lol

Alyssa
04-19-2013, 10:06 AM
Ticket is still open and they fixed the rotating problem now.
Thanks~

ironhands
04-19-2013, 10:10 AM
LOL! Hilarious but that's not a reply, it's a bug. There've been other shots posted of corrupt tickets showing up with random characters. d)(h comes to mind. It's likely a corrupt data packet, same way that sometimes your vehicle won't spawn.

Tayce
04-19-2013, 10:13 AM
I've gotten "k" as a response aswell.
Made me chuckle when I saw that the ticket was still open.

3rdpig
04-19-2013, 10:33 AM
I've done the same thing except I blamed myself. I know it happens but I was more interested in speed than accuracy.

If I was Trion I'd make a policy of returning bits ONCE per account for this problem, after that it's a case of "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me".

urbanzkopf
04-19-2013, 10:34 AM
so the guy I got through live support a) couldn't find my in-game ticket b) didn't know what bits were to begin with..... oh lord

EDIT: Bits were refunded and the scrip / keycodes were deducted! happy days :)

Myll_Erik
04-19-2013, 10:42 AM
Howdy Folks!

If you folks are getting one letter responses - please forward them to us at community@defiance.com and we'll take a look at it. You should never get a one letter response and please be aware our Customer Service team is there to help you so and to help make Defiance better for everyone.

Any help or more info would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

Cutlass Jack
04-19-2013, 10:49 AM
so the guy I got through live support a) couldn't find my in-game ticket b) didn't know what bits were to begin with..... oh lord

EDIT: Bits were refunded and the scrip / keycodes were deducted! happy days :)

Glad Live Support worked out for you! I've had really good results doing things that way, which is why I reccomended it to you earlier.

Sledgehammer70
04-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Hey guys I just checked in with our CS team on this. If a "K" came through it was an error and was not a reply from our CS team directly. Your ticket is still open and a reply has already been sent so I am certain this will be resolved shortly. If anyone gets a message that looks wonky like this in the future, feel free to contact myself, Dahanese, or Myll_Erik (or write CS again!).

rush
04-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Your crying b/c your dumb *** clicked the wrong thing? How ab out opening a t4 box getting an orange, get dc'd come back and its gone..

now thats some bs.. ticket support didnt do shtako either

Archangel
04-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Hey guys – I just checked in with our CS team on this. If a "K" came through it was an error and was not a reply from our CS team directly. Your ticket is still open and a reply has already been sent so I am certain this will be resolved shortly. If anyone gets a message that looks wonky like this in the future, feel free to contact myself, Dahanese, or Myll_Erik (or write CS again!).

Thanks Sledge (^-^)b

PixieStix
04-19-2013, 11:05 AM

Nope ;(

That is still your problem. Pay more attention to what you are doing instead of blindly clicking. I'm sorry, but this is your error. Yes, the system is faulty with it rotating, but it is still your error.

urbanzkopf
04-19-2013, 11:07 AM
That is still your problem. Pay more attention to what you are doing instead of blindly clicking. I'm sorry, but this is your error. Yes, the system is faulty with it rotating, but it is still your error.

go figure I got a refund. cry more.

PixieStix
04-19-2013, 11:11 AM
go figure I got a refund. cry more.

Of course you did. They can't afford to lose any more people. That fact still remains that you are an idiot who was in a hurry and clicked the wrong box. Morons like you taking up time from CSR over people who have real issues.

Cry more? Really? I believe you were the one crying you lost your bits. I could give a **** about you getting your money back or losing your money. I don't have to walk around every day knowing I am a complete moron. This is the way society has gone. Cater to the morons who are too stupid to verify their work. I'm amazed people still wonder why society has gone to ****.

JBoneFX
04-19-2013, 11:12 AM
at least he didn't bust out with 'cool story bro'...

although it would have been the tech support response of the year after reading your ticket...

urbanzkopf
04-19-2013, 11:14 AM
Of course you did. They can't afford to lose any more people. That fact still remains that you are an idiot who was in a hurry and clicked the wrong box. Morons like you taking up time from CSR over people who have real issues.

Cry more? Really? I believe you were the one crying you lost your bits. I could give a **** about you getting your money back or losing your money. I don't have to walk around every day knowing I am a complete moron. This is the way society has gone. Cater to the morons who are too stupid to verify their work. I'm amazed people still wonder why society has gone to ****.

mad detected, please read the thread title, I didn't ask for you bs opinion on the issue, it's about the response for CSR.

Kroesis
04-19-2013, 11:19 AM
at least he didn't bust out with 'cool story bro'...

although it would have been the tech support response of the year after reading your ticket...

Let me do it on their behalf...

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e140/croesis/sayitwithpictures/downloadfile.gif

Honestly, people need to look at what they're doing. Also, noticed that the lockbox at Iron Demon Ranch did not rotate whilst I purchased several key cards.

urbanzkopf
04-19-2013, 11:24 AM
aye recent patch finally fixed the rotating shop stock issue!

Griffon
04-19-2013, 11:29 AM
I also hate how it shuffles the items around in the lock box. The initial response was rediculous, but glad to see it all worked out.

Sins
04-19-2013, 12:18 PM
Hey guys I just checked in with our CS team on this. If a "K" came through it was an error and was not a reply from our CS team directly. Your ticket is still open and a reply has already been sent so I am certain this will be resolved shortly. If anyone gets a message that looks wonky like this in the future, feel free to contact myself, Dahanese, or Myll_Erik (or write CS again!).

I have 2 issues open with response like this, figured it was a bug (even the worst CS replys better than this). But if you wanna have a look at them, Issue 1476955 (reply - k) and Issue 1457383 (reply - l). No have been resolved yet, ones regarding pre-order stuff and other orange weapon disappearing.

Jestunhi
04-19-2013, 12:22 PM
You don't seem to be the kind of person who thinks people make mistakes.... but whatever not going to get into an argument with you over it, flame away.

Edit: keep on topic, I didn't come here asking for suggestions on if you think i'll get a refund.

I think people make mistakes.

But I doubt they learn from them when people reward them for making them.

Valethar
04-19-2013, 12:58 PM
LOL. That reminds me of a goofed up forum response in Rift. (click it for a bigger image you can actually read...)

http://home.comcast.net/~valethar/images/rift/moderator_goof.jpg
(http://home.comcast.net/~valethar/images/rift/moderator_goof.jpg)
I want to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope it was simply a mis-click.. There have been many times when I typed out a snarky answer to something just to get it out of my system, then edited it to a more reasonable response. Maybe this was one of those, but they hit the 'send' button instead of 'cancel'. :D

Brezick
04-19-2013, 01:39 PM
I am going to make sure to repeat this process so I can get a free lockbox....

Fraga
04-19-2013, 02:04 PM
The amount of hostility around a simple mistake is kind of impressive. The right move is to kindly acknowledge the problem, say that you can't normally help in this situation but will make a special one-time exception, and refund the bits. That way you make the customer feel happy and special, but make it clear that it isn't the road to infinite free gear.

Sure, you don't want the system to be abused, but you also don't want to be a jekker to customers who just made an innocent mistake. I actually think they shouldn't have deducted the guy's cash and keys, but they definitely were right to give him back his cash, so +1 Trion.

Arsenic_Touch
04-19-2013, 02:07 PM
It's some sort of error. Last night I went to report someone for violating the name policy, and i went back to check the ticket and it said U for what I typed, I thought I accidentally pasted in the letter and deleted my response, only to find that my text was still there it just has a weird display error.

Cynical Jester
04-19-2013, 02:10 PM
LOL. That reminds me of a goofed up forum response in Rift. (click it for a bigger image you can actually read...)

I want to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope it was simply a mis-click.. There have been many times when I typed out a snarky answer to something just to get it out of my system, then edited it to a more reasonable response. Maybe this was one of those, but they hit the 'send' button instead of 'cancel'. :D

lol +1 to the guy that typed the message.. though I don't think that is the original draft...

To the OP: I honestly didn't know wtf you or anyone else was talking about at first til I noticed the very small "k"... Pretty hilarious and a great story to tell for years..

I'm glad they refunded your money.. and kind of late now... but to make it so things didn't go in random order when you bought something else as it happened to me.. (I just lived with it and looked for a way around it).. You could of done the sort by item, level, etc... and it would of stayed static..

At any rate.. Just remember your a part of gaming history folks! Whether the game bombs or soars.. Another game/show years later will do the same thing and we can say...

I remember when Defiance did that... it was... (in my case epic... your mileage may vary.. )

Edit: I assume the original draft or thoughts in his head were much worse....

Kroesis
04-19-2013, 02:12 PM
Sure, you don't want the system to be abused, but you also don't want to be a jekker to customers who just made an innocent mistake.

Unless I am mistaken Jek is the alien term for Hell, in which case the sentence is very odd (but still pertinant)

Fraga
04-19-2013, 02:13 PM

That looks like classic personalization-gone-wrong. Most companies keep records of every single person who interacts with them online. This includes IP address, first name, last name, email, etc. That way they can look at their customers patterns and more efficiently design offers or advertisements, or just generally optimize their online presence.

It also let's them set up a ton of automatic responses, allowing for "personal" interaction with a ton of people without wasting a billion hours of staff time. This includes sending messages like "Hey [First Name], we understand you're interested in [Game you Purchased]..." etc. Sometimes, though, the customer data is missing key pieces of information, such as Character Name, so what comes up in the message is just a placeholder. Woops.

Cynical Jester
04-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Unless I am mistaken Jek is the alien term for Hell, in which case the sentence is very odd (but still pertinant)

Well.. if Jek is the alien term for Hell would Jekker be Hellion? Which would make the phrase... "natural" for lack of a better term atm...

With all the scrutiny and hate on the boards I want to make it clear this isn't meant to be rude. However, I do find the topic interesting hence my input.

Edit: I'm also asking a legitimate question if anyone actually has the answer

Cynical Jester
04-19-2013, 02:16 PM
That looks like classic personalization-gone-wrong. Most companies keep records of every single person who interacts with them online. This includes IP address, first name, last name, email, etc. That way they can look at their customers patterns and more efficiently design offers or advertisements, or just generally optimize their online presence.

It also let's them set up a ton of automatic responses, allowing for "personal" interaction with a ton of people without wasting a billion hours of staff time. This includes sending messages like "Hey [First Name], we understand you're interested in [Game you Purchased]..." etc. Sometimes, though, the customer data is missing key pieces of information, such as Character Name, so what comes up in the message is just a placeholder. Woops.

I was actually thinking they coded the e-mail system similar to other games ( *cough*WoW*cough*) and tried to use a %t when no one was actually targeted...

Keep in mind; I assume the one that wrote the message had an AK in hand.

Fraga
04-19-2013, 02:17 PM

Yea, I'm not 100% sure it's direct translation, but I am sure that I intend to use it as a noun, verb, and adjective. Possibly adverb, but I haven't committed. My madlibs are jekking amazing.

Defy
04-19-2013, 02:22 PM
so any updates?

Kroesis
04-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Yea, I'm not 100% sure it's direct translation, but I am sure that I intend to use it as a noun, verb, and adjective. Possibly adverb, but I haven't committed. My madlibs are jekking amazing.

Actually, further research shows you were right and it seems some of my past comments were actually quite odd!

David Peterson (Dude who created the language on GoT and Defiance) says:

So this kind of has a funny story. I don't know who, but someone somewhere came up with jek as the F word, and it kind of stuck around. Shtako was originally a word that meant "idiot". For sh()t, I came up with an Irathient word skragi, which I anglicized as skrug. I thought that would be really cool. Kevin Murphy was kind of cool to it. A couple weeks later, it was decided (don't know who was in on that conversation) that shtako was going to be sh()t. I went back, then, and changed the etymology of shtako (moved it to a different word: banggo), and then they ran with it. I really liked shtako meaning idiot, but they really liked it as sh()t.

But yeah, when it was conceived, they wanted it to become their go to word. Who knows if it'll survive beyond the show (I use frak from time to time, but frell? Does it still enjoy widespread use?), but if it's helped people get around the profanity filter in Defiance, then I feel I've done a good day's work.

Vuule
04-19-2013, 02:36 PM
Nah, it's not. Should probably have been "kthxbye".

Kiserai
04-19-2013, 03:11 PM
Better than this one guys in tech I saw a few days ago.
Just said
d)(H Yay I'm memorable.