PDA

View Full Version : Runner Skills

Fallenstag
04-19-2013, 11:28 AM
Do our character's accumulated Runner Skills affect our driving ability in the Time Trials?

LordRaymond
04-19-2013, 11:33 AM
Yes. It would be hard to even get a silver without being high level in runner skills in the later races.

Cutlass Jack
04-19-2013, 11:34 AM
Yup its a must to get your skill up.

X Connorz X
04-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Yes because when you level up the runners skill, you get boosts that improve your speed, boost speed, boost amount and boost refill.

hardy83
04-19-2013, 11:45 AM
Yes. It would be hard to even get a silver without being high level in runner skills in the later races.

While I agree the skill bonuses work, I disagree. I got gold on all the races when I was only at a skill of like 5 or 7 if that.

You just need to know when to boost and get use to the floating horrible controls. (not bad when you're driving around, but they are bad controls for races)

Ashnon
04-19-2013, 11:46 AM
Yes, but will higher skill improve my driving ability? So far I still suck. WHY DO BARRELS STOP ME DEAD IN MY TRACKS??!! Those be some tough barrels.

Deezul
04-19-2013, 01:36 PM
My runners skill just hit level 21... then continued to auto level all the way up to level39 saying "String_Missing+0" or something like that everytime. Now my stats page has no listed runner bonuses. Yet its lvl39 and the xp bar seems cap and no longer moving. I'm on the ps3... not sure if this is a known issue.

My Rollers skill did reset to 0 and has been releveling again like other people have mentioned tho.

Kitten Mittons
04-19-2013, 01:44 PM
I would argue that the later races actually benefit less from runner skill bonuses than the earlier ones. The Frisco tracks, in particular, are lumpy, hilly, and cluttered as all getout and it's mostly about keeping control of yourself. Those are mostly about your driving skill.

Ikagawa
04-19-2013, 01:46 PM
My runners skill just hit level 21... then continued to auto level all the way up to level39 saying "String_Missing+0" or something like that everytime. Now my stats page has no listed runner bonuses. Yet its lvl39 and the xp bar seems cap and no longer moving. I'm on the ps3... not sure if this is a known issue.

My Rollers skill did reset to 0 and has been releveling again like other people have mentioned tho.

It's a known issue that is affecting everyone. It was a problem before the patch as well. We have no idea what Trion is doing to fix it.