04-19-2013, 11:51 AM
What does bloom do?

Deez
04-19-2013, 11:52 AM
What does fall off dmg do?

Lucky2514
04-19-2013, 12:02 PM
The bloom is the bullet spread, no idea about the fall off damage

Edit: Just did a quick search on google and apparently it's the minimum damage you do

ie your weapons does 300 dmg, and has a max range of 50meters, at max range you deal 60 dmg, 60 being your falloff damage

btw it's just an exemple i have no idea how the falloff damage is calculated on defiance

Findinganswers82
04-19-2013, 12:03 PM
What does bloom do?

I believe its something like weapon spread or how much your bullet will alter course during its flight.

Findinganswers82
04-19-2013, 12:05 PM
What does fall off dmg do?

Fall off damage is like when your further away with a pistol and it does less damage then when you are at point blank. Someone feel free to correct me if im wrong.

TooMuchTunaFish
04-19-2013, 12:06 PM
Bloom is when you shoot a bunch of rounds and your cross hairs start to disperse more and more. Fall off damage is when u get further from the target the less damage you do. So the better the fall of damage the more damage your gun does at a distance

Phrase Universe
04-19-2013, 12:13 PM
Like someone else said. Bullet grouping.

Deez
04-19-2013, 12:14 PM
Thanxs for the response.

ViciousTwist
04-22-2013, 11:32 AM
I thought Bloom was Recoil.. but on my weapon it says:

Stock Mod:
x0.95 Bloom
x0.95 Recoil

Bloom: 0.22

does anybody know what is going on here? I know how to do math, but the game doesn't give us all of the numbers to do the math with.. or maybe I'm missing something.

Facade
04-22-2013, 11:34 AM

Stock Mod:
x0.95 Bloom
x0.95 Recoil

does anybody know what is going on here? I know how to do math, but the game doesn't give us all of the numbers to do the math with.. or maybe I'm missing something.

I THINK recoil is how your weapon bounces upwards while shooting and bloom like others have stated is the grouping box.

I could be wrong though, as that's just a guess.

SumMischief
04-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Good freaking question , I like to know the answer to both of those too.

ViciousTwist
04-22-2013, 12:16 PM

Stock Mod:
x0.95 Bloom
x0.95 Recoil

I THINK recoil is how your weapon bounces upwards while shooting and bloom like others have stated is the grouping box.

I could be wrong though, as that's just a guess.
that makes sense, thanks for the reply!

does anyone know if the Bloom and Recoil are always the same number, or is this just a coincidence on my weapon?

TheNeoReaper
04-22-2013, 01:07 PM
Bloom is how much your crosshair spreads as your firing.

Pipermhor
04-23-2013, 03:33 AM
that makes sense, thanks for the reply!

does anyone know if the Bloom and Recoil are always the same number, or is this just a coincidence on my weapon?

Your Bloom/Recoil are probably the same due to having a stock that adds a 5% reduction (x0.95) to both bloom and recoil. They both affect accuracy. Recoil is how far your weapon jumps with each shot, which affects the ability to reacquire a site picture, or, to put the crosshairs back on the target. Shotguns and sniper rifles have pretty significant recoil; smaller caliber weapons have less.

I shoot IRL and haven't heard the term "Bloom" used but I'd assume it refers to grouping, or what some call Minute Of Angle IRL.

IIRC, scatterguns don't have bloom ratings, just recoil? I'm not near the game so don't remember.

It'd be nice if the developers could clarify this, but that might take all the fun out of it.

Viryu
04-23-2013, 08:26 AM
Sigh, I wish the game itself was better explained. There are moments when I play this game that I feel like this:

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/36924638.jpg

EvilOps
04-23-2013, 09:15 AM
Another poster got it with drop off. Drop Off allows you to hit harder from farther away.

Bloom, mostly has been explained. If you stand a little ways away from..say a knot on a tree, then hit full auto, the less the bloom, the more of the shots will hit the exact same spot. The greater the bloom, the more they will spread around.

Recoil, in this game, is how often and much you weapon raises up off the target when firing auto.

in both cases, the lower the better.

ViciousTwist
04-23-2013, 04:11 PM
yeah....I don't like how the Recoil stat doesn't show up for all weapons... You can attach a Mod to a weapon without a Recoil stat and it will say you've done something to your Recoil. We really have no way of knowing what we've done to our recoil if we can't see the base stat.