PDA

View Full Version : Pay Per Month or Free

nascarwps
03-18-2013, 08:26 PM
I'm worried that this game is a monthly charge.
If So I don't think I don't want to purchase this. Can someone verify if there is a charge per month.

Storm King
03-18-2013, 08:27 PM
There is no subscription. All you have to do is buy the game once for $60 (like any other game) and you can play forever.

Rampermt
03-18-2013, 08:28 PM
It is a buy to play game. Buy the game then play, no monthly fee. They do have a season pass available for purchase to save on future DLC though but not required.

Salgod
03-18-2013, 08:29 PM
If So I don't think I don't want to purchase this. Can someone verify if there is a charge per month.

It's buy to play. Pay 60$ for the game and you can play the full game. No subscription fee.

gametitan92
03-18-2013, 08:40 PM
It's buy to play. Pay 60$ for the game and you can play the full game. No subscription fee.

Right now, it is a one time payment of $60 for the game. But if other MMO's as of late are any hint, it will become a Free to Play watered down version somewhere down the line with micro-transactions to make money. With early adopters getting special status and such.

Maldrix
03-18-2013, 08:44 PM
Right now, it is a one time payment of $60 for the game. But if other MMO's as of late are any hint, it will become a Free to Play watered down version somewhere down the line with micro-transactions to make money. With early adopters getting special status and such.

Those games usually start out as pay to play games. This one is already buy to play, with a microtransaction store.
It's the same set up as Guild Wars 2.

MrNaztyTime313
03-18-2013, 08:46 PM
i love it no monthly fees!!!

PapaMudd
03-18-2013, 08:57 PM
Personally, I truly think monthly sub games are a thing of the past... and just do not work well with consoles. While FF series had a highly succesful mmo on the original xbox that was before the full swing of interconnectivity and online gameplay. Nowadays online play is expected on console and single player games no matter how great will fall by the way side. PC games might get away with P2P for a lil while longer, but any gamer thats not just a fanboy will want to play what is fun for them and try different things. So P2P isn't really worth it on any game IMO; I mean why waste time and money on game just to grind when there are great new and innovative titles coming soon(tm)

nascarwps
03-18-2013, 09:03 PM
thanks guys

Sledgehammer70
03-18-2013, 10:12 PM

No monthly fee. $59.99 for the Standard Edition.

Bee
03-18-2013, 10:14 PM
The game is free, it has bits which is in game currency for cash shop and dlc's

Sledgehammer70
03-18-2013, 10:16 PM
The game is free, it has bits which is in game currency for cash shop and dlc's That would be false. please read my previous post.

Bee
03-18-2013, 10:17 PM
That would be false. please read my previous post.

Please explain how this is false, so I may not be ignorant.

Sledgehammer70
03-18-2013, 10:23 PM
Please explain how this is false, so I may not be ignorant.

The game will cost $59.99 for the Standard Edition. Defiance is not Free 2 Play.

Bee
03-18-2013, 10:27 PM
The game will cost $59.99 for the Standard Edition. Defiance is not Free 2 Play.

I think it's safe to assume he knew the price of the game , If you own Defiance you can play it for free, however there are DLC and a currency called bits which is used for premium items.

Sledgehammer70
03-18-2013, 10:52 PM
I think it's safe to assume he knew the price of the game , If you own Defiance you can play it for free, however there are DLC and a currency called bits which is used for premium items.

Actually Bits do not buy DLC packs. DLC packs are separate from the in game store. But you can buy in game items, boosts and other things with Bits only within the game.

They are not required to play.

Bee
03-19-2013, 02:17 AM
Actually Bits do not buy DLC packs. DLC packs are separate from the in game store. But you can buy in game items, boosts and other things with Bits only within the game.

They are not required to play.

Never said Bits buy DLC packs, but thank you for the information on bits, made me a lot less skeptical knowing it can be used for non cosmetic purposes.

Dayrec
03-19-2013, 06:10 AM
The game is free, it has bits which is in game currency for cash shop and dlc's

Looks to me like you said dlc lol