PDA

View Full Version : Why are Bio-Men in the show portrayed as mutant bosses in the game?

Deceptikron_NZ
04-19-2013, 12:34 PM
Why are Bio-Men in the show portrayed as mutant bosses in the game?

Nomad_Phoenix
04-19-2013, 12:35 PM
Why are Bio-Men in the show portrayed as mutant bosses in the game?

LOL! I wondered the same thing!

Golladan
04-19-2013, 12:36 PM
Why not?

Deceptikron_NZ
04-19-2013, 12:41 PM
because they're cyborgs not mutants.

jvp
04-19-2013, 12:43 PM
Even though they're not mutants, they get respect and understanding from them. Mutants recognize the bio-mans plight of living in an unforgiving, and bigoted world. They didn't choose to be the way they are, but nonetheless are taken advantage of by the 'normal' races as cheap labour or fodder in whatever war is currently being fought.

Munx
04-19-2013, 12:49 PM
because the biomen beat them into submission?

And it is likely that part of biomens change were due to controlled mutations.

Misguidance
04-19-2013, 12:51 PM
Because they are part of the same military that eventually devolved into mutants. I assume their engineering made them immune to the mutations, but they continue to work with the people they were used to before it happened. ;)

Blackwolfe
04-19-2013, 12:53 PM
because the biomen beat them into submission?

And it is likely that part of biomens change were due to controlled mutations.

Controlled mutations and also implants, which is why Nolan was able to shut the one he was fighting down. They do not seem very smart, but they are capable or reasoning to a certain degree, like the piercer in liberate the lost. Whatever the origin of the hulkers are though, I have no idea.. like the "motherlode (man, he is huge, alot bigger than "normal" hulkers. Its possible that the 99ers did that to him).

Conflux
04-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Because they are part of the same military that eventually devolved into mutants. I assume their engineering made them immune to the mutations, but they continue to work with the people they were used to before it happened. ;)

thats pretty much how i rationalize it. I figure they're more like "robots" without complete free will. While they may be able to make their own decisions and such they're probably still programmed to take orders from certain individuals. seeing as how the EMC created them it makes sense that the mutants would have biomen in the game.

how datak got a bioman in the show is beyond me but obviously if they are programmed to take orders it makes sense for the bioman to not be trying to kill anything non-EMC.

Valethar
04-19-2013, 01:23 PM
If I ran into something that big without an Abrams or a GAU-8 to back me up, I think I'd be calling it 'boss' too. LOL

Swarm
04-19-2013, 01:24 PM
its because the show was made by diff people than the game.

Blackwolfe
04-19-2013, 01:29 PM
thats pretty much how i rationalize it. I figure they're more like "robots" without complete free will. While they may be able to make their own decisions and such they're probably still programmed to take orders from certain individuals. seeing as how the EMC created them it makes sense that the mutants would have biomen in the game.

how datak got a bioman in the show is beyond me but obviously if they are programmed to take orders it makes sense for the bioman to not be trying to kill anything non-EMC.

I bet some models are easier to hack, some models might have more free will than others and well, things can change, quite some time has passed since they were originally created. But I think biomen were real humans from the start, but are the way they are now due to implants and controlled mutation.

Misguidance
04-19-2013, 01:33 PM
To be honest, it wouldn't suprise me if Datak had just bought one straight from the mutants. He doesn't exactly strike me as entirely above board. ;)

Mudturtle Jones
04-19-2013, 01:37 PM
From what we've seen of Datak so far, I doubt that he bought it.

Misguidance
04-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Why not? He's rich, and he knows it can make him a lot of money.... ;)

Triansou
04-19-2013, 01:48 PM
He strikes me as a man that likes to make money but doesn't like to spend it based on how he treated the homeless man. Most likely he had his men take it from a group of mutants.

funkstylz
04-19-2013, 01:58 PM
ITS A GAME AND A TV SHOW!!! The diagesis doesn't have to be consistant..

Moose Of Woe
04-19-2013, 02:08 PM
Even mutants don't want to mess with Dr. Manhattan.

Archangel
04-19-2013, 02:10 PM
Since Bio Men seem to be a product that can be purchased rather than an actual person or species it knows no origins.

So Mutants, Scrappers, Ark Hunters, anyone for that matter could acuire and program the Biomen to do their bidding as they see fit.

If Hellbugs had money and programming skills i bet they would try to capture thse and use them as well........

wait.....

Infested Biomen? A hellbug Bioman hybrid?

Im on to something i think here.

Misguidance
04-19-2013, 02:11 PM
If Hellbugs had money and programming skills i bet they would try to capture thse and use them as well........

wait.....

Infested Biomen? A hellbug Bioman hybrid?

Im on to something i think here.

We all know Hellbugs would sit on their heads and ride them like mounts.

Valethar
04-19-2013, 02:14 PM
We all know Hellbugs would sit on their heads and ride them like mounts.

Headcrabs? O.o

Blackwolfe
04-19-2013, 02:17 PM
Well, the piercer in Liberate the lost seems to be the one in charge of the mutants there (they even say he seems to be the one in charge), so I think there are biomen with free will. Heck, they might even be the superiors, commanding the mutants due to sheer strength. They are also the result of some military program (probably EMC from the start), and might be humans that agreed (or was forced) to undergo mutations and have implants (with an offswitch on some models so that they could be controlled more easily). There seems to be several different models so it's likely that the model that Nolan fights is a completely different model than the oness we fight in-game. Does anyone remember what model number the piercer had on his chest? Gonna have a closer look the next time I do the co-op.

This is of course just theories.

Munx
04-19-2013, 02:22 PM
There definatly are biomen with free will, most prob have free will infact, not entirely sure where I read this, but there is some official info saying how bio-men had problems integrating with society after the emc got disbanded, alot of which was because of theyr aggresion.

Ill try to find where i read it.. hmmm..

Edit: http://www.defiance.com/en/series/world-of-2046/aliens/biomen

Alot to be learned from that site in general id say.

Kommissar Kaede
04-19-2013, 02:23 PM
Maybe I just missed out on this, but I always figured that the mutants worked alongside the biomen just because they're all what they perceive as the current earth military.

EDIT: Its also worth noting that the Bioman in the show is probably from a distinctly different unit/conflict zone than the ones we see in the Bay Area. They were mass produced after all.

Misguidance
04-19-2013, 02:24 PM
Headcrabs? O.o

Well, Headbugs, technically.... XD

Defy
04-19-2013, 02:40 PM
yeah I was curious about that too haha

Agent09
04-19-2013, 02:58 PM
I am still wondering why the dark matter troops call it "their planet" and call us "traitors"... Maybe we are on the wrong side of things in game?

Airwave
04-19-2013, 03:04 PM
I am sure some biomen were in the field with the EMC Fighting with them. Biomen were built to be bosses. They are programed to fight with and protect EMC fighters.

Blackwolfe
04-19-2013, 03:25 PM
I am still wondering why the dark matter troops call it "their planet" and call us "traitors"... Maybe we are on the wrong side of things in game?

Because they want the whole planet for themselves, terraformed completely. Though it only makes sense for them to call us traitors if we fight as Irathient.

Misguidance
04-19-2013, 03:31 PM
They call us Traitors because the EMC was disbanded... they just didn't get the memo, so get a little bit fussy when we refuse to recognise them as official and treat them as outlaws.

Blackwolfe
04-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Dark matter are not and never was part of the EMC. Dark matter is a remnant of a votan elite force that everyone until recently did not think existed anymore.

Misguidance
04-19-2013, 03:43 PM
My mistake. Sorry. ;)