PDA

View Full Version : I don't wanna be "That Guy!!!"

Worldviewsinc
04-19-2013, 02:10 PM
Anyone else experiencing this bug...Quite often when our group fast travels to one of the vending locations we appear as the generic character before you go through the character creation screens (That Guy) and the problem doesn't go away until we leave the area. Even when we look around everyone else in the area is "That Guy" as well. It just looks like a bunch of clones running around & I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing...Btw, this has only been happening since the patch. It nearly always happens at Overpass. Oh another thing that has started happening too is that when we leave these areas in a car the passenger always gets thrown out of the vehicle...

gamingreal
04-19-2013, 03:01 PM
I think its to do with bandwidth, having to send the race, gender, facial settings and outfits of 20 to 100 people probably adds up. but yes I agree, I spent over an hour creating my character trying to make him look kind of look like me so it would be nice if others could see my unique avatar as well.

Misguidance
04-19-2013, 03:07 PM
You know, if this is a glitch, that would explain why a lot of Arkfalls I go to seem to be populated with 'that guy'. They seem to turn up 'en masse' and then everywhere I look it's the damn clone wars.

Worldviewsinc
04-19-2013, 03:12 PM
It's just a minor gripe, I know but other than that I'm lovin' the game...You gotta give these guys credit for trying something like this on Xbox & the support is amazing...I'll be glad when all the haters have moved on to other stuff cos I'll be playing this for the long haul, I'm sure.

FattyMcG33
04-19-2013, 03:26 PM
It's just a minor gripe, I know but other than that I'm lovin' the game...You gotta give these guys credit for trying something like this on Xbox & the support is amazing...I'll be glad when all the haters have moved on to other stuff cos I'll be playing this for the long haul, I'm sure.

From what I heard that is a temp fix to combat lag when tons of people show up in the same area.

Worldviewsinc
04-20-2013, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the input people - Never posted on a forum before so cheers for the support...Happy hunting!!!

gamingreal
04-20-2013, 02:26 PM
I agree, il probably play this game until the day the servers are shut down, that will be a sad day especially as this is my 1st mmo

Razzy Jeff
04-20-2013, 11:49 PM
God I hate Default Dan. I've spent hours trying to get the best outfits I can and I can't even show 'em off. I'd be happier if instead of Default Dan we were all Hellbugs for a sec or two before we load our character skins.

RafeDoubleR
04-21-2013, 12:33 AM
From what I heard that is a temp fix to combat lag when tons of people show up in the same area.

This. They reduced redraw rate to improve performance (which has worked in Arkfalls).

Captain Daz
04-21-2013, 12:55 AM
Put child lock on, should stop them falling out :)

brantkin
04-21-2013, 03:23 AM
From what i have heard and seen in arkfalls. The lag actually increased quiet a bit. after the last patched. Also the patched messed up a lot of stuff. For example one of the biggest thing that makes a mmo. The character names right now. I feel like i am playing some single player game.

boosted gear
04-21-2013, 03:59 AM
Uhh huhh my screens full of that guy default dan I was wondering what was going on even my friend in my clan was that guy it was a freaky moment surrounded by dans I kinda understand the fix but would be nice if they could speed up the switch between dan and the realy character.

The other thing I noticed after the patch was il be boosting along in my duni and then BAM a small wall in the road or a huge guy with a mortar in front of me, this is humiliating when my friends in my ride as he will just laugh at me and insult my already poor driving haha.