PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or...?

lipe123
04-19-2013, 02:19 PM
I just started playing last night and apart from the quad bikes being crazy hard to steer my other biggest issue is that where I'm aiming changes as my character moves up/down.

I've never noticed this in any fps-ish game before. For example when you crouch and stand while aiming down the sight the actual point you aim at will move up/down by the same amount as your current eye level moves.
This means that when you aim at something in the distance with a sniper rifle for example the actual target point moves a MASSIVE distance because your character moved a small distance vertically.

I don't know about you guys but typically when I'm looking at something in the distance my eyes can turn up/down in their sockets to compensate for my body movement.

Freaking frustrating to constantly re-aim at targets just because I strafed over a small brick on the ground or something.

Dwane
04-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Simple triangulation would show u that your idea is bad, as game cant know at which distance u r focusing. Its pretty impossible to do such thing to work properly. Also it would be hard to aim precisely at any movement, as game would be changing your aiming vector. Keeping aim vector when changing stances is absolutly normal and this is probably your first shooter if u think otherwise.

lipe123
04-19-2013, 03:05 PM
I'm at work now but i'll fire up a few games later tonight and see if I can narrow down why this one feels so "wrong" to me.

I mean having played borderlands for ages and this game being 99% the same thing there shouldn't be this feeling of "WTH is wrong here" when you move from the one to the other.

Misguidance
04-19-2013, 03:08 PM
I can honestly say I have never had this problem. I just go by the target in the centre of my screen, and keeping it lined up with what I want to hit isn't really that hard, no matter where I am standing or moving.

Hopswigh
04-19-2013, 03:37 PM
Another thing to keep in mind if you haven't messed with it yet, the game has an "aim assist" function that is on from install and play. Unless you've turned this off, if you're noticing the difference when looking down the scope, it could be this that's causing your targetting issue.