PDA

View Full Version : Lock Boxes & Loot therein ...

RaggedEdge
04-19-2013, 03:15 PM
I've talked with several people in game about these "lock boxes" that we players can buy for better (not) gear; and I just wanna voice an idea:

Level 1 Lock Box: Whites and/or greens
Level 2 Lock Box: Greens and/or Blues
Level 3 Lock Box: Blues and/or Purples
Level 4 Lock Box: Purples and/or Oranges

I've played the game from day 1 & only gotten 1 Orange weapon (but its Ego rank is 197) ... and have since salvaged it cause of finding a waay better weapon of the same type. My current Ego Rank is 985 and its hard to belive that there are so few Legendary Weapons; I usually buy 3-4 Lvl4 Lock boxes / day and still just the 1 Orange weapon. Kinda lame getting greens and blues from a box that cost us 64 keystones to acquire!!:mad:

lordchun
04-19-2013, 03:18 PM
I like you idea for the boxes but something like that would make it too easy for people to get what they want and they wouldn't spend real cash on it

RaggedEdge
04-19-2013, 03:39 PM
Well, then TRION would be making their cut ... I personally have only donated cash to just the game. Why blow my cash on something you can earn in the game is silly. Keystones are the key to getting the Lvl4 Lock Boxes ... between driving between all the vendors to look for 'Special Sales' ... on the roads & dirt roads are several obstacles that deliver Keystones, Scrib and other loot ... and Arkfalls ... Keystones max out quickly. Easy to buy 3-4 Lockboxes a day ... just lame getting greens and blues outta them all the time is getting old.

Dodece
04-19-2013, 03:47 PM
You seem to have had a rather bad run of luck is all. While it is true nothing is random. The game uses a generator that creates the impression of randomness. As such clusters and barren patches will happen in any truly random system. I have purchased roughly a dozen tier four lock boxes, and I have gotten six orange items out of them. Two VOT Blasters, Two Sniper Rifles, One Rocker, and One Combat Shotgun. In other words stick with it you luck is bound to turn around. The top tier box is definitely worth the price. Since everything else is generic, and can as easily be picked up off the ground, or purchased directly from a vendor.

FattyMcG33
04-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Yeah, getting common and uncommon and rare loot sucks when you should be guaranteed to get epics and legendary gear every time. They should just get rid of the white - blue level loot all together, and then everyone can have all purple and orange, and it would be just like everyone having whites and greens, and no one would feel a sense of accomplishment or joy, and then no one would do anything cuz they all have full orange gear and the game would die a horrible death.

This is how MMO's work, you will get a **** ton of crappy gear and then finally get one good piece, and it feels good so you keep playing.

IvIaster
04-19-2013, 03:55 PM
I just used all my keycodes to buy a tier 4 lock box. And all I got was 3 greens and a blue. ALL CRAP. And for some reason I always get stupid rocket launchers. I NEVER USE ROCKET LAUNCHERS.

FattyMcG33
04-19-2013, 04:06 PM
I just used all my keycodes to buy a tier 4 lock box. And all I got was 3 greens and a blue. ALL CRAP. And for some reason I always get stupid rocket launchers. I NEVER USE ROCKET LAUNCHERS.

Don't waste resources on T4 boxes. Get 2-3 T3 boxes.

RaggedEdge
04-19-2013, 11:19 PM
Trust me I know all about MMO's and how they work ... was a 5yr veteran of WoWcrack (this game is weening me back to the Xbox ... lol). Defiantly loads of fun!!