PDA

View Full Version : Oranges are awful and PvP favours 1 playing style

Skydon
04-19-2013, 03:22 PM
I have so far found 3 oranges a Fully Auto Shotgun with health drain it is good to stay alive but it has awful damage, second is a 2 burst corrosive Shotgun , again is weak also WTF does corrosive do? Its rubbish. The third is a 5 burst pistol with that slow down thing on it, this is a pistol and no pistol is good that I have seen. Oranges have no advantage over common weapons. Why should I waste time getting keycodes to be disappeared when I get an Orange BMG which doesn't link?

My hatred with PvP is it favours 1 playing style which involves CQB. Shotgun + Cloak + Explosive weapon = Win. What about the snipers or LMG's, they have no place on such small maps and Shadow Wars are the same. Vehicles + Cloak = Win. What's the point of me getting a good ranged class sorted out to find out that bolt action snipers take 3 bullets to kill someone. If I wanted to play shotguns only I would go back to Gears of War 2.

just voicing my opinion and want to hear what you all think. Troll away;)

Unsent Soul
04-19-2013, 04:00 PM
If it takes you3 headshots to kill someone your doing something wrong... Use perks centered around cloak to increase DMG with weapons especially sniper rifles IMO. I see people in PvP all the time using ARs, LMG's, shotguns, detonators, snipers... Learn to adapt or just give up...

Michifornian
04-19-2013, 04:03 PM
If it takes you3 headshots to kill someone your doing something wrong... Use perks centered around cloak to increase DMG with weapons especially sniper rifles IMO. I see people in PvP all the time using ARs, LMG's, shotguns, detonators, snipers... Learn to adapt or just give up...

I see people all the time in PvP with ranged weapons too, they just aren't on the winning team. OP was correct. Anyways, you can tell that most of the time at least in Shadow wars it's a lot of clan groups, so if you have 17-20 people all with the same mods and the same playing style, then it's almost never competitive. And to the people who do nothing but drive around in the Cerberus', that ****e is hella lame.

DragonForza
04-19-2013, 04:04 PM
I do have to say every PvP game I've been into has 8000 people with shotguns, it is bad although think that small adjustment do their damage table may have shifted the balance a little bit.

All my orange weapons are pretty cool, they all have their weakness but they're ownage, especially PvM.

SensaiDoom
04-19-2013, 04:05 PM
Some oranges are poop, others are good. You just happen to have found the rubbish ones. Oranges generally have a synergy and 2+ special weapon effects (melee dmg and reload for example), whereas lesser rarity will usually have less.

The current PvP maps favor cqb, and combine a shotgun with cloak and you negate the shotguns only real weakness (getting into range). Hopefully when freight yard is back there will be more room for medium range guns, but we shall see.

Snipers are 3 hits because they would be crazy OP at any less. If you get a headshot it is 99% of the time a kill.

I enjoy the PvP, but it does lack variety when everyone flocks to the same guns and perks.

Michifornian
04-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Some oranges are poop, others are good. You just happen to have found the rubbish ones. Oranges generally have a synergy and 2+ special weapon effects (melee dmg and reload for example), whereas lesser rarity will usually have less.

The current PvP maps favor cqb, and combine a shotgun with cloak and you negate the shotguns only real weakness (getting into range). Hopefully when freight yard is back there will be more room for medium range guns, but we shall see.

Snipers are 3 hits because they would be crazy OP at any less. If you get a headshot it is 99% of the time a kill.

I enjoy the PvP, but it does lack variety when everyone flocks to the same guns and perks.

Thing is in PVP, no one stands still long enough for a headshot. I agree with what you said about the snipes though, to a certain extent. If the npc has shields it's more than one shot to put them down, and if it's Dark Matter, they are never one shot. Neither are Elite Mutants.

JD nutz
04-19-2013, 04:18 PM
snipers are no good in this game, anything with a scope is no good. Auto aim makes the sniper pointless, i would use more snipers if you didn,t have to scope in, extended zoom would be better.

Michifornian
04-19-2013, 04:30 PM
snipers are no good in this game, anything with a scope is no good. Auto aim makes the sniper pointless, i would use more snipers if you didn,t have to scope in, extended zoom would be better.

There is a telescoping sight which does extend the zoom.

JD nutz
04-19-2013, 04:41 PM
There is a telescoping sight which does extend the zoom.

i just want the crosshairs with extended zoom so then i can auto aim, like i do with all other guns.

Azrael008uk
04-19-2013, 05:41 PM
My hatred with PvP is it favours 1 playing style which involves...

TEAMWORK.

If you are losing at Shadow Wars try playing as a Team.

A Shotgun and cloak might get you a sneaky kill but Teamwork will trump you every time.

Az

Mirimon
04-19-2013, 05:47 PM
TEAMWORK.

If you are losing at Shadow Wars try playing as a Team.

A Shotgun and cloak might get you a sneaky kill but Teamwork will trump you every time.

Az

don't bother.. these halo kids from the "xbox is cool" generation know nothing of teamwork, all thinking they can beat everything and do everything solo.. playing the hero on their own in failure. he also apparently cannot read well enough to spec appropriately for the pvp style that would work for him. His misconception about pvp and the "balances" stems from ignorance and the belief that things should simply lay down before him with little effort, and to make it so he would petition them to nerf things in his favor.

DragonForza
04-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Agreed with above, everyone's a lone wolf and competes against team mates to have the best kills or K/D ratio or whatever. Hopefully when all the soloists get bored of trying to be the best and ultimately failing will the good team players prevail.

MySecretWeapon
04-20-2013, 05:49 PM
I've noticed that the play style in DMs does favor cloak + pump shotgun. However, I've had TONS more success employing alternate (and sometimes creative) killing styles in the shadow wars. If you're having trouble in PvP In the death matches, try out shadow wars. Great sniping, special tactics, and teamwork all work really well, and I've found it much more enjoyable.

MySecretWeapon
04-20-2013, 05:51 PM
Agreed with above, everyone's a lone wolf and competes against team mates to have the best kills or K/D ratio or whatever. Hopefully when all the soloists get bored of trying to be the best and ultimately failing will the good team players prevail.

Wish there were more like me. I spend my games healing allies and usually walk away with 15-20 assists and few kills. The good thing is I still bank on rewards because assists (especially healing assists) give really high scores in large numbers.

The rewards aren't all about kills. The more people learn that, the more enjoyable and different pvp will become.

TheFool
04-20-2013, 11:49 PM
Team work prevails? Not with the current balancing it doesn't :D I have had many occurences where I come across 2-3 people and pop out of cloak taking them down with only having my sheild drop and make half my hp (A sneaky little perk build I got going) I go through waterfront over and over Cloak+ trusty full auto pump shotty (yes it says it's a pump shotgun) that does nearly 400x12 plus fire element with a mag size of 10 with no mods on it currently (stuck on a frontier shotgun) So I can extend that damage and magazine size any time. I go game after game 10+ kills with maybe 2 or 3 deaths. So 10/25 kills a game is my share of my teams kills :D