PDA

View Full Version : N/A Server Issue?

Kael
04-19-2013, 03:29 PM
Hey guys,

Just curious if anyone else is having issues connecting to the server? I get to the character screen fine but when I hit play it attempts to load then the connection times out.

I live in Canada and have Roger's for my ISP.

Fastbucks
04-19-2013, 03:43 PM
I am having the same issues. I am in a chat now with the support team. I'll let you know what I find out.

Abraxas
04-19-2013, 03:43 PM
ya, this is the first time I've had this problem. Tried rebooting my comp and internet but nothings working.

Haloll
04-19-2013, 03:45 PM
I am having the same issues. I am in a chat now with the support team. I'll let you know what I find out.

Any info you can get from support would be awesome

Badsin
04-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Not letting me log in on my PC. Telling me I timed out....Kind of like my patience.....timed out.

Kael
04-19-2013, 03:48 PM

Thank you sir, I'm also in chat, but if you get the info that would be great!

Fastbucks
04-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Hi Guys,

The support rep never mentioned any major issues, but I did do something to trigger a patch. If your running windows 7, try disabling your firewall and launching the game. I did, and it triggered a patch. It's downloading as we speak. The rep also said the game uses the following ports.

"Defiance requires TCP ports 80,443, 50000, 65000, and UDP 40000-41000 for all network traffic related to the game."

You might need to open these up on the windows firewall.

I will let you all know if this patch helps with the problem.

Standby :D

TrueWildMan
04-19-2013, 03:59 PM
Hi Guys,

The support rep never mentioned any major issues, but I did do something to trigger a patch. If your running windows 7, try disabling your firewall and launching the game. I did, and it triggered a patch. It's downloading as we speak. The rep also said the game uses the following ports.

"Defiance requires TCP ports 80,443, 50000, 65000, and UDP 40000-41000 for all network traffic related to the game."

Yep. My Windows Firewall was turned back on somehow. Disabled that, able to get in now. Don't need it, behind a hardware firewall anyway.

Fastbucks
04-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Yup this fixed my issue. Please do the above and you should be good to go!

Wokcus
04-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Hi Guys,

This doesn't make any sense. The game worked fine (including patching) before today and the firewall has been on the whole time. What did they change that suddenly I need to turn my firewall off to get it to work?

Wokcus
04-19-2013, 04:12 PM
This doesn't make any sense. The game worked fine (including patching) before today and the firewall has been on the whole time. What did they change that suddenly I need to turn my firewall off to get it to work?

I tried turning off the firewall just for kicks, and it didn't solve the problem. I have the exact same issue described in Kael's original post. I'm in CA and my ISP is Verizon.

Kael
04-19-2013, 04:17 PM
I tried turning off the firewall just for kicks, and it didn't solve the problem. I have the exact same issue described in Kael's original post. I'm in CA and my ISP is Verizon.

Yeah, I don't think the firewall has anything to do with it. While I was in chat I tried to login and it actually worked. So I exited to go back to tell him, now I'm trying again with the same results, connection time out.

jrydun
04-19-2013, 04:21 PM

Yep, I tried turning my firewall off, same result.

RyanRad
04-19-2013, 04:24 PM
It is not working for me either, it's Friday man! I was hoping to get some play time in!

Fluoxetine
04-19-2013, 04:25 PM
having the issue too and my firewall remained off - ny here

TrueWildMan
04-19-2013, 04:26 PM
Just a quick note: after I turned off my firewall (don't have to turn it off, btw, just make sure all ports the game uses is open), I had to close everything Defiance and restart (including the launcher). Hope it works for those reading this. If it doesn't, hope you find out what it is soon. See ya ingame!

Castles
04-19-2013, 04:28 PM
what changed, i was online this morning and last night. last weekend it was too laggy to play, now this weekend the coms are broken? could it be the AV, noway i'm opening up the firewall until i see an official post.

Fluoxetine
04-19-2013, 04:29 PM
im getting the feeling its an issue server side..

TrueWildMan
04-19-2013, 04:34 PM
I'm getting the feeling not everyone has the same issue. Same symptoms, different issues. Because it was me and a guildie having timeouts after getting to the character screen. After turning off my firewall worked for me, he still couldn't get in. So I suggested it to him, he performed it, then could get in, too.

Fastbucks
04-19-2013, 04:35 PM
I agree with you completely. My FW was enabled yesterday too and it all worked fine. The only thing I know is that when I disabled mine, I could patch... and after said patch I am now logged into the game. :/

Kongzoola
04-19-2013, 04:36 PM
I'm timing out as well.

Storm McCloud
04-19-2013, 04:39 PM
Make sure you also change your router settings. I had to allow all programs for my computer on my router's firewall and that fixed the problem for me.

Castles
04-19-2013, 04:42 PM
didn't change anything and just got in...

Fluoxetine
04-19-2013, 04:57 PM
im in now as well

polarassassin
04-19-2013, 05:11 PM
this makes me a saaaaaaad panda :C