PDA

View Full Version : I admit.... I have a problem, now, will somebody help me?

joeoby78
04-19-2013, 04:37 PM
I'M AN EQUIPMENT HOARDER!!

It started out simply enough not understanding what the colors meant and levels and mod slots, etc. so I held on to some stuff until I studied up. Then... I got a basic understanding of what everything meant and got rid of some things. As I got further into the game and started to experiment with different guns and picking up different guns, shields, grenades it got worse. I would fill up inventory, buy more slots from the store, fill that up. I would sell some stuff off and feel good about it, then..... I would do some missions fill up inventory, buy more inventory slots. IT'S A VISCIOUS CYCLE!! I don't want to have to start blowing dudes behind Jack in the Box for Microsoft points to get more Bits for more inventory slots..... but if that's what has to happen. LOL!!:D

Is there a basic rule (or rules) of thumb I should follow as far as what to keep and what to discard? I know how the colors work, white most common, green kinda common, purple less common, orange..... unicorn like. Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

I'm low 500's Ego so I'm fairly new to the game and I'm working on the main and side missions right now. I like an assault rifle and sniper (bolt action) rifle load out, but, I like a support role sometimes on the ark falls so I have that thing that drains life and replenishes shields on one load out.

P.S. THIS GAME ROCKS! All the haters can trade in and suck it! Keep up the good work Devs, you're only human.

NeverMiss
04-19-2013, 04:39 PM
I carry one of every weapon and 2 shield 1 for coop and pvp. everything else in straight to the salvage matrix.
My tip is know your equipment you want, need or test

Evilution
04-19-2013, 04:40 PM
I have a solution :p

http://businesscredit.dnb.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/credit_card_cut018455_display.jpg

Valethar
04-19-2013, 04:50 PM
Bascially, I keep the active weapon for my loadouts, and one spare for the mains (AR/Sniper/Shotgun for me) so I can swap out when I max one and still be able to advance the skill. I also keep a few extra mods if I find a good one I like on a vendor special (I have two of the four I need for the Scavenger Synergy, if I ever find a sniper rifle to put them in).

Other than that, I always vendor white and green that I'm not planning to use, and salvage blue and purple. So far I have 150k Scrip, and 550k Salvage banked at EGO 1075, and only 55 inventory slots. I've not bought any yet (the pricing is in need of adjustment first), all of those are from leveling, the UE bonus, and the Arkfall code bonuses.

Most of that Scrip and Salvage came from missions and lockboxes, before Trion decided people apparently weren't buying them with real money and nerfed the keys.

DeMoted
04-19-2013, 05:01 PM
I have about 50+ purple/orange weapons and 100+ Synergy mods (Brutal, Run N Gun... Lol) So I know what you are talking about.

PseudoCool
04-19-2013, 05:27 PM
I try to keep my loadouts.. then probably 2 of each weapon CLASS in my inventory.

From there, I keep the ones with the best stats and/or nano to them. As I get better ones that what I have before, I turn the others into salvage.

Now.. that being said.. there is just sometimes you HAVE to keep a weapon.. like I have two really killer pump shotguns, and I drop the one that fires off the grenades.. so yeah.. now I've got 3..lol

Warkaiser
04-19-2013, 06:36 PM
Here is what I do:

I find the specific type of gun within a category I like. For example, with ARs I prefer the single & burst shot styles, not the full auto's, especially the blast rifles. So I salvage / sell both the full autos and any single burst ARs I pick up that I either already maxed out the XP on, or that have no bonuses or none that I find useful for me. So I wind up typically with my 1 go to AR of choice for things like PvP, and usually 3-5 others with bonuses I like to use for leveling my AR skill (and sell those when theyre full).

I do pretty much the same with a few other weapon types that I tend to stick with like pistol, sniper, and combat shotgun. Any other types of guns I get rid of any except for 1 or 2 purple / oranges that have very nice bonuses on them incase I decided to focus on that type later.

Aside from that, Ive got a whole bunch of mods which take up most of my space. That has gotten to the point where I just scrap any white mods (pretty much all buyable at vendors anyway), and have also started scrapping, or just throwing them on random guns I am leveling) green versions if I have blue versions of that same mod. Reason for this is I dont bother modding every gun I use.

Ive got 120 slots at the moment. Usually still holding about 70-75 slots worth of stuff after i sell / salvage, leaving me around 50 slots to fill up with new loot each time I head out, then go sell / salvage again when I get full.

Cirvante
04-19-2013, 06:57 PM
White/Green = break down into ark salvage, Blue/Purple = sell (they give three/four times as much ark salvage as white ones, but four/ten times as much scrip). Keep useful blue, purple and orange items. Always keep about 2-3 guns of one type you want to level in your inventory (for example SAWs for LMG skill, Wolfhound for pistol). As soon as experience is maxed you can break it down/sell it. I have only 46 inventory slots and once I break down/sell everything I don't need I come down to 28 used slots.