PDA

View Full Version : We've had a good run.

Greyes
04-19-2013, 05:31 PM
I got the game despite all my gut feelings warning me against it. I've played the first few days and had a hell of a good time so I decided to actually go ahead and get the season pass. I mean, why not? While people had been complaining a lot about random stuff, I was sold on the gameplay and the premisse for game/show interconnection.

Then things started going wrong. Items started going poof, skills got reset time and time again. My faith was shaken but I decided it was okay, I'd tough it out for a bit and it would all go back to normal... right? Not quite. Hot fix after hot fix, ticket after ticket. Stuff kept being broken, stuff kept going missing, stuff kept getting reset. Now, I was driving for an area to another when suddenly my vehicle changes model and color mid drive. So I decide to check it out and Im missing 3 of them that I remember, might be 4 and now I have one I'm pretty sure I never bought.

This is a bug too many. I'm calling it it a good run, I had two weeks of fun and while it was not worth all the money I spent in this game, I think its time to call it quits, after all, this last week I always log off having LESS then when I logged in.

Hope everyone staying have fun, send me an e-mail six months from now when this 'stuff' gets fixed.

Snowranger19
04-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Can I have your stuff that hasen't disappeared yet?

They know they broke it.. they are trying to fix it. My enemy intel videos lost their ability to have sound.. I am sad about it.. but it will come back, one day.

I got the game despite all my gut feelings warning me against it. I've played the first few days and had a hell of a good time so I decided to actually go ahead and get the season pass. I mean, why not? While people had been complaining a lot about random stuff, I was sold on the gameplay and the pressime for game/show interconnection.

Then things started going wrong. Items started going poof, skills got reset time and time again. I faith was shaken but I decided it was okay, I'd tough it out for a bit and it would all go back to normal... right? Not quite. Hot fix after hot fix, ticket after ticket. Stuff kept being broken, stuff kept going missing, stuff kept getting reset. Now, I was driving for an area to another when suddenly my vehicle changes model and color mid drive. So I decide to check it out and Im missing 3 of them that I remember, might be 4 and now I have one I'm pretty sure I never bought.

This is a bug too many. I'm calling it it a good run, I had two weeks of fun and while it was not worth all the money I spent in this game, I think its time to call it quits, after all, this last week I always log off having LESS then when I logged in.

Hope everyone staying have fun, send me an e-mail six months from now when this 'stuff' gets fixed.

Vilyn117
04-19-2013, 05:38 PM
Yeah, it's great to be a part of it, but im already waiting for the next big thing to come along. This one had a lot of wasted potential. I'll still be playing frequently though.

3rdpig
04-19-2013, 05:45 PM
Hold on, calling the Waaambulance for you. God I'm sick of you fracking crybabies. Stay or go, I don't care, just for God's sakes stop your incessant whining because we're ALL having issues.

Regrets
04-19-2013, 05:49 PM
I agree OP. I blew $150 bucks. literally down the ****ing toilet.

No red/black Ark Infiltrator outfit as advertised
Getting killed and shot at THROUGH WALLS and well pretty much anything.
NPCs standing INSIDE objects and walls...firing at you.

When in doubt, (or lack the programming knowledge) let's throw in RNG. Tier 4 lockboxes provide crap..no I mean actual turds, polished, but they're still turds. All of it is uselss. I"m not sure what age you have to be get legendary gear.

The final boss, you can forget it. If you beat him you're Autistic, you can't tie your shoes or spell your name properly, but you're god like eye-hand coordination will get your far in life. Good for those people.

Not worth it. for some reason my brother still likes this game, I can't comprehend why. He's played real MMO's as have I.

doublej45
04-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Hold on, calling the Waaambulance for you. God I'm sick of you fracking crybabies. Stay or go, I don't care, just for God's sakes stop your incessant whining because we're ALL having issues.
AMEN! It is truly getting old. I like to read constructive posts, not all this whiny moany stuff.

Ikagawa
04-19-2013, 05:52 PM
Man, I feel lucky as crap that I've only experienced one bug since release.

Vilyn117
04-19-2013, 05:52 PM
I agree OP. I blew $150 bucks. literally down the ****ing toilet.

No red/black Ark Infiltrator outfit as advertised
Getting killed and shot at THROUGH WALLS and well pretty much anything.
NPCs standing INSIDE objects and walls...firing at you.

When in doubt, (or lack the programming knowledge) let's throw in RNG. Tier 4 lockboxes provide crap..no I mean actual turds, polished, but they're still turds. All of it is uselss. I"m not sure what age you have to be get legendary gear.

The final boss, you can forget it. If you beat him you're Autistic, you can't tie your shoes or spell your name properly, but you're god like eye-hand coordination will get your far in life. Good for those people.

Not worth it. for some reason my brother still likes this game, I can't comprehend why. He's played real MMO's as have I.

I see what you did there with your name.

Ikagawa
04-19-2013, 05:53 PM
I see what you did there with your name.

Except that whole registered before the game went live and all. We call that coincidence, not clever.

Vilyn117
04-19-2013, 05:55 PM
Except that whole registered before the game went live and all. We call that coincidence, not clever.

Time Lord. Clearly.

Ikagawa
04-19-2013, 05:57 PM
Time Lord. Clearly.

I laughed way too hard at that :D

IIFatalshockII
04-19-2013, 06:01 PM
Man, I feel lucky as crap that I've only experienced one bug since release.

I have experienced freezes, a weapon disappearing, getting stuck twice, and missions glitching so I have to restart. Yet what I am astounded by is how little I care. I literally overlook everything that's gone wrong for me in Defiance. Lost the weapon, found out where to get another one, then went and bought one. The few bugs I encounter really haven't even dented my enjoyment at all. What are we on now, day... 18? And still I gleefully join in an Arkfall as if I had just started the game. I ran out of missions days ago, but I haven't even slowed down.

watk
04-19-2013, 06:02 PM
AMEN! It is truly getting old. I like to read constructive posts, not all this whiny moany stuff.

Here is a new concept then don't read the negative post. Oh wait there isn't many positive ones at all

K A S H I H A R A D
04-19-2013, 06:05 PM
I have experienced freezes, a weapon disappearing, getting stuck twice, and missions glitching so I have to restart. Yet what I am astounded by is how little I care. I literally overlook everything that's gone wrong for me in Defiance. Lost the weapon, found out where to get another one, then went and bought one. The few bugs I encounter really haven't even dented my enjoyment at all. What are we on now, day... 18? And still I gleefully join in an Arkfall as if I had just started the game. I ran out of missions days ago, but I haven't even slowed down.

Aside from two bugs that annoy the utter hell out of me, I feel the same way more or less. I've dealt with much worse from higher profile titles and gotten absolutely NO apologies for major issues nor an actual time frame for when the developers plan to fix them. Trion has made a pretty solid first impression with me thus far.

divaldo
04-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Yes I have had problems with the game but I'm going to stick by it already beat the game always have fun doing arkfalls.

Omnifarious Xji
04-19-2013, 06:08 PM
Same here, although I will stick around to see what the DLCs are about, I've had more errors/glitches/bugs in the game, than any game I've ever played before... I don't even know where to start, literally. The list is far to long. Ranging from simple missing items to complete character corruption and game crashes. Not to mention, the customer support? Pffft, forget about it.

Jester
04-19-2013, 06:12 PM
Hi everyone,

We understand and respect that sometimes people will leave the Defiance community. Greyes, we're closing this thread now but we wish you the very best.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.

Thank you!