PDA

View Full Version : Not progressing my shotgun level

Gemel Creed
04-19-2013, 06:49 PM
i have a problem with being able to progress my shotgun to the next level with combat shotguns...it is barely away from the next level and has been so for several days now and i am confused as to why it is not progressing...other weapons are gaining levels but not my combat shotgun (my current level is7)...any ideas?

Ikagawa
04-19-2013, 06:50 PM
If your currently equipped weapon is level capped, then you won't gain any experience for the related skill.

Cutlass Jack
04-19-2013, 06:50 PM
Did you max out the experience bar on the shotgun you're using? You wont be able to increase your skill if thats the case. The other usual culprit is that you dont get weapon Exp at Arkfalls.

If its neither of these things, then I've unfortunately got no ideas for you.

Gemel Creed
04-20-2013, 09:07 AM
yup i did max out my shotgun and switched to a new one and within seconds made the next level thanks guys

Lomax21
04-20-2013, 09:10 AM
It's a ridiculous game mechanic that's not really pointed out unless you read all the help section in the game.. and seriously how many of us do that?

I finished all the story missions and side missions before understanding this myself lol... wasted allot of wep exp on a green LMG that i used from start to finish

Justin CarMichael
04-20-2013, 09:22 AM
This is my most hated mechanic that isn't a bug. :( I have no idea why I have to give up good weapons for crappy weapons just so I can continue to level up my skill.

Hey look you have excaliber... bummer finding it so young in life my king, it means that unless you go out and use other blades you'll suck with long swords compared to some poor *** knight that has to replace his cheap badly made blades every few days because they break.

Bummer.

Alechiel
04-20-2013, 10:02 AM
This is my most hated mechanic that isn't a bug. :( I have no idea why I have to give up good weapons for crappy weapons just so I can continue to level up my skill.

Hey look you have excaliber... bummer finding it so young in life my king, it means that unless you go out and use other blades you'll suck with long swords compared to some poor *** knight that has to replace his cheap badly made blades every few days because they break.

Bummer.

I agree this should be explained more clearly, or there should be a message on the screen saying you're not currently gaining weapon exp anymore once you max out a weapon.

About using your legendaries, well you can, once you're max level on that weapon type. :D

Gemel Creed
04-21-2013, 07:53 PM

Bummer.

i agree that this is a very annoying thing becuase if i spend the time with a shotgun that i really like it should have multiple levels for your weapons that give you very special perks for leveling it up before you have to toss it aside...instead of i hit max exp for a weapon and it is worthless for gaining more levels

SteveMND
04-21-2013, 08:00 PM
It's a ridiculous game mechanic that's not really pointed out unless you read all the help section in the game.. and seriously how many of us do that?

Not nearly as many as they should, apparently.