PDA

View Full Version : Where is this scene in the game? [2013 Launch Trailer]

Xannderr
04-19-2013, 09:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=q0B6S1pDG5s#t=86s

I remember seeing that scene for the first time and it has stuck with me since, only thing is, I have never seen it in-game (or didn't notice it/forgot it) (I completed the main quest line, and all side quests)

It is the one where the Irathient woman drops the pistol due to the Ark Hunters holding her up.

Maybe it is DLC, or was made for the trailer (like the majority of the trailer)

Now, it could be for the Co-Op mission that has something called "Ridgecrest," I have yet to play that Co-op mission. Any answers/opinions?

Clarkeh
04-19-2013, 10:15 PM
Its not a cut-scene for Ridgecrest and i haven't seen that cut-scene either it must be either a staged event for the trailer or DLC.

ShiMoShinkenFry
04-19-2013, 10:16 PM
I think it is an event that happened before the game is set.

Edit: I should have really watched it before commenting. xD I thought it was a different video at first. But I think the trailer is basically to show the two main sides of the game, as you see many of the main characters.

Santana Ortega
04-19-2013, 10:17 PM
Isn't that the Nim first encounter? You meet up with him at the bridge and he says kill them???

Schwa
04-19-2013, 10:18 PM
Smoke and mirrors.

Clarkeh
04-19-2013, 10:18 PM
Isn't that the Nim first encounter? You meet up with him at the bridge and he says kill them???

The OP is talking about the very short cut-scene when the irathient woman comes up behind the other irathient woman and she drops her pistol...i think?

Befallen
04-19-2013, 10:20 PM
It's obviously staged like the entire video. It's a trailer like every other video game. The great thing is that they showed us the in-game graphics and didn't make a full cgi trailer that had 100% nothing to do with the game.

Drev
04-19-2013, 11:03 PM
That is the character Rynn, she is the female Irath with an attitude from the show pilot at the Arkfall. I haven't completed all of the main missions or even been to San Francisco yet but it seems like she is a recurring character of some sort. Pretty sure she was in an earlier mission but I don't remember exactly.

http://www.defiance.com/en/series/news/where-game-meets-show