PDA

View Full Version : Unimpressed By "Legendary" Weapons

Ralron
04-20-2013, 12:06 AM
Now, I have seen a lot of people saying they wish to buy or sell a "legendary" weapon. I have seen stats of the weapons and all their bonuses. IMO the bonuses are so insignificant that I would hardly call the weapon legendary. My Ares FMR-3000 the default AR you get at the start of the game is pretty much the same as a legendary weapon.

Is anyone else just not impressed by them?

ShiMoShinkenFry
04-20-2013, 12:08 AM
They can't be over the top as to keep the game balanced but the orange weapons do seem to get a few better perks already on them to which you can add mod slots.

Ralron
04-20-2013, 12:16 AM
better perks that i just laugh at...+5% melee dmg after self revive (for 10secs)...thats not a perk...thats a joke... IMO they should AT LEAST buff Acc or DMG a little bit...VBI AR does 220dmg should be buffed to 250...thats a reasonable buff for a orange tier weapon. I've seen 1 senergy that I was mildly interested in, but the fact i gotta find all the proper mods for it just makes it more of a hassle.

ShiMoShinkenFry
04-20-2013, 12:20 AM
better perks that i just laugh at...+5% melee dmg after self revive (for 10secs)...thats not a perk...thats a joke... IMO they should AT LEAST buff Acc or DMG a little bit...VBI AR does 220dmg should be buffed to 250...thats a reasonable buff for a orange tier weapon. I've seen 1 senergy that I was mildly interested in, but the fact i gotta find all the proper mods for it just makes it more of a hassle.

I have found a few decent orange equips. The grenades I found that had 0 detonation time I find are awesome also for the weapons I find them to be flightly better than my purples.

Ralron
04-20-2013, 12:33 AM
0.0 det time is nothing when your going from 0.5 det time.

ShiMoShinkenFry
04-20-2013, 12:34 AM
You'd be surprised.

Ralron
04-20-2013, 12:40 AM
You'd be surprised.

No...I really wont...a half second is nothing...det on impact is nothing...so they are pretty much the same. Now if it was 3-5 second fuse time normally then I say hell yeah!, but its not...

ShiMoShinkenFry
04-20-2013, 12:41 AM
No...I really wont...a half second is nothing...det on impact is nothing...so they are pretty much the same. Now if it was 3-5 second fuse time normally then I say hell yeah!, but its not...

I find it can make a large difference especially in pvp. Since they explode the instant they touch a person.

Ralron
04-20-2013, 12:49 AM
I find it can make a large difference especially in pvp. Since they explode the instant they touch a person.

for me this game is more PVE then it is PVP

ShiMoShinkenFry
04-20-2013, 12:51 AM
I find it is good to keep a mixture of both. I think the pvp in the game is very fun you just can't take it too seriously.

Hybridizm
04-20-2013, 12:54 AM
Had a few and the only one I've really noticed and kept hold of was the shield I obtained from a lockbox. Other than that? Most of the "Perks" don't seem too great.

ShiMoShinkenFry
04-20-2013, 12:57 AM
Had a few and the only one I've really noticed and kept hold of was the shield I obtained from a lockbox. Other than that? Most of the "Perks" don't seem too great.

I may have just been lucky.

Hybridizm
04-20-2013, 01:40 AM
I may have just been lucky.

Heh, that could be true. Who knows? I may end up obtaining a Ledgendary I really like and I'll change my mind about it? Until then, Ledgendaries to me remain pretty darn comical.

ShiMoShinkenFry
04-20-2013, 01:41 AM
Heh, that could be true. Who knows? I may end up obtaining a Ledgendary I really like and I'll change my mind about it? Until then, Ledgendaries to me remain pretty darn comical.

I have had 2 snipers 2 sawn offs 1 rocket launcher and 1 combat shotgun. xD

Jestunhi
04-20-2013, 01:54 AM
Now, I have seen a lot of people saying they wish to buy or sell a "legendary" weapon. I have seen stats of the weapons and all their bonuses. IMO the bonuses are so insignificant that I would hardly call the weapon legendary. My Ares FMR-3000 the default AR you get at the start of the game is pretty much the same as a legendary weapon.

Sounds like you want a game where farming = higher stats = an advantage over those who you consider to be "noobs".

This is not the game for you. If you want a +12 SAW of righteous smiting which 1 hit kills lowbies then go play some awful gear-grinder game.

ShiMoShinkenFry
04-20-2013, 01:59 AM
Sounds like you want a game where farming = higher stats = an advantage over those who you consider to be "noobs".

This is not the game for you. If you want a +12 SAW of righteous smiting which 1 hit kills lowbies then go play some awful gear-grinder game.

He has a point to an extent but I could do with a saw of righteous smiting.

Jestunhi
04-20-2013, 02:00 AM
He has a point to an extent but I could do with a saw of righteous smiting.

All SAWs are SAWs of righteous smiting tbh... they so good!

Ralron
04-20-2013, 02:00 AM

you think im from WoW? waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off...

I'm from Battlefield...I even have the **** bucket to prove it!

loken
04-20-2013, 02:01 AM

just because someone wants gear progression dosen't make them a jack ***, so piss off

Ralron
04-20-2013, 02:04 AM
I find it is good to keep a mixture of both. I think the pvp in the game is very fun you just can't take it too seriously.

Again, I'm from Battlefield...my life is only worth it if i can sink my blade deep into the enemies neck and rip his/her dog tags off...

ShiMoShinkenFry
04-20-2013, 02:14 AM
Again, I'm from Battlefield...my life is only worth it if i can sink my blade deep into the enemies neck and rip his/her dog tags off...

Well instead of that you can blow them to pieces!

Hybridizm
04-20-2013, 02:19 AM

To be fair, this game has the most pointless levelling system. The level required to use a gun in more or less pointless as well. When you enter a PVP match, you are matched against anybody and everybody, it's like a bag of revels in there. I used to play WoW, never farmed a low level just for fun and you'd only fight people within a set level range to yours or at your own specific level. That's what should have been done on the game. Then "Ledgendaries" would be worth saving keycodes for xD

Ralron
04-20-2013, 02:24 AM
Well instead of that you can blow them to pieces!

I'm not even going to...no...I just can't...

ShiMoShinkenFry
04-20-2013, 02:29 AM
I'm not even going to...no...I just can't...

Nothing wrong with using high explosives.

Grimms AKF
04-20-2013, 02:34 AM
sometimes its the small things like +9 to mag the REAL kick is when you fill that little bar up an you get something nice like one of my weapons haveing a 4.7 damage that is what makes it a legendary i have seen snipers with a 12.1 crit after the boost from lvling the gun (not your lvl the guns)

Ralron
04-20-2013, 03:33 AM
sometimes its the small things like +9 to mag the REAL kick is when you fill that little bar up an you get something nice like one of my weapons haveing a 4.7 damage that is what makes it a legendary i have seen snipers with a 12.1 crit after the boost from lvling the gun (not your lvl the guns)

Imma call BS on this one...the highest that i could possible calculate is 3.6x to 3.7x max, my wolfhound could possible reach 5.2x or even 5.5x depending on its default bonuses and the maxed out bonus

Munx
04-20-2013, 03:40 AM
Yep your starter ar is as good as a legendary ar with:

Syphon, x2 1.05% dmg, 1.25 Crit multiplier, 0.50 mag size, 0.xx recoil rifle with a badass synergy.

progression is far more subtle in this game, and its not over the top, this is what makes it great, not bad.

And thats just what I can imagine based on my current level of 2.2k, at 5k I am sure there will be even nastier combos.

Cl Chaos
04-20-2013, 04:49 AM

they kinda blow except my rocket launcher i found one hit almost everything :D the semi auto sniper sucks eggs >< it was recycled

g1mps0r
04-20-2013, 04:56 AM

Syphon, x2 1.05% dmg, 1.25 Crit multiplier, 0.50 mag size, 0.xx recoil rifle with a badass synergy.

progression is far more subtle in this game, and its not over the top, this is what makes it great, not bad.

And thats just what I can imagine based on my current level of 2.2k, at 5k I am sure there will be even nastier combos.

Just give me a ego 10-100 SAW with fire dmg on it and I can ensure you that I'll beat every single of your orange non SAW weapon with like 400k - 1m dmg ahead of you in ANY dungeon. ;> So much for legendary.

Lvl progression in this game is so much worthless, I cant even describe it. The only good thing are the new perk slots, but atm you won't need more than 7 slots for an perfect pve and pvp character. So with 2k ego you're on the end of the line, with no more possible upgrades... okay maybe the 225 hp one... but in the end hp are also worthless. ;>

Ralron
04-20-2013, 05:16 AM

Yheap...that's an exaggeration, also LOVE how you think .5% increase in damage is a big deal XD

That guy
04-20-2013, 05:26 AM
Well they work with your ego. The only rank you find explosives around 100 ego+. So if your ego is like under 500 don't expect them to be fantastic but I lucked out with a grenade launching shotgun from a tier 4

Munx
04-20-2013, 05:28 AM
Just give me a ego 10-100 SAW with fire dmg on it and I can ensure you that I'll beat every single of your orange non SAW weapon with like 400k - 1m dmg ahead of you in ANY dungeon. ;> So much for legendary.

Lvl progression in this game is so much worthless, I cant even describe it. The only good thing are the new perk slots, but atm you won't need more than 7 slots for an perfect pve and pvp character. So with 2k ego you're on the end of the line, with no more possible upgrades... okay maybe the 225 hp one... but in the end hp are also worthless. ;>

Afraid you would be sorely disapointed in your saws performance.

I run most weapon types for co-op dungeons, and while saw is great, it is most definatly not in a league of its own.

I can match it quite easily with: Tachmag Pulsers, Full auto rifle (12 fire rate), Grind Fraggers/Scattergun.

with a perf legendary either of those weapons would blow your common saw out of the water.

Edit: Rairon, you are kidding right? Only have one example availible in my inventory atm, but.

Heavy assault without = 466
Heavy assault with = 490

Thats a very noticeable diffrence on a semi-automatic/burst weapon, and obviously the crit multiplier benefits from this.

ChaosOneX
04-20-2013, 05:40 AM

My TACC rifle with bonus crit damage begs to differ. It's not orange, but...

Ralron
04-20-2013, 05:43 AM
Afraid you would be sorely disapointed in your saws performance.

I run most weapon types for co-op dungeons, and while saw is great, it is most definatly not in a league of its own.

I can match it quite easily with: Tachmag Pulsers, Full auto rifle (12 fire rate), Grind Fraggers/Scattergun.

with a perf legendary either of those weapons would blow your common saw out of the water.

Edit: Rairon, you are kidding right? Only have one example availible in my inventory atm, but.

Heavy assault without = 466
Heavy assault with = 490

Thats a very noticeable diffrence on a semi-automatic/burst weapon, and obviously the crit multiplier benefits from this.

It's a sad difference. Sure it makes the weapon a bit more useful, but it is not completely game changing. (not that I want it to be)

Actually, I quite doubt you could match a FRC SAW with a Pulser or VBI AR. Also we will be dishing out the DPS while your stilling digging in the dirt for your "perfect legendary".

Pheonix580
04-20-2013, 05:43 AM

Not all legendary weapons suck..... If you are still using your beginning weapon then... just smh

Ralron
04-20-2013, 05:45 AM
My TACC rifle with bonus crit damage begs to differ. It's not orange, but...

This man KNOWS where the DPS is at. the TACC is IMO, OP it has no limitation on range and can do 406dmg a shot with a Power III mod. It will pump out a killer 6090DPS as long as you time out your bursts perfectly.

mbergeron
04-20-2013, 05:47 AM

So you can't beat a legendary SAW? then you have proven that legendaries are worth it and topping the scoreboard can be done with any gun and overcharge.

Ralron
04-20-2013, 05:47 AM
Not all legendary weapons suck..... If you are still using your beginning weapon then... just smh

Sure, maybe not all Legendarys but most of em. and yes, once my AR skill maxes out...I will be using my modded Ares FMR-3000...and still out DPSing most players.

mbergeron
04-20-2013, 05:49 AM
It's a sad difference. Sure it makes the weapon a bit more useful, but it is not completely game changing. (not that I want it to be)

Actually, I quite doubt you could match a FRC SAW with a Pulser or VBI AR. Also we will be dishing out the DPS while your stilling digging in the dirt for your "perfect legendary".

An infector could match and beat a SAW unless you are using overcharge in which case there is really nothing that can beat a SAW, but then it would be power + SAW beating the infector and not just the gun.

Ralron
04-20-2013, 05:51 AM
An infector could match and beat a SAW unless you are using overcharge in which case there is really nothing that can beat a SAW, but then it would be power + SAW beating the infector and not just the gun.

This is an interesting thought, but remember the bugs CAN be killed doing no dmg to a target.

Lascivar
04-20-2013, 05:55 AM
I know one Sniper I have currently has +8 Mag, +4 Mag and +1.15Crit Mult on it.. I just wish I was better with sniper rifles. :P Funnier thing is the set bonus is like +5% Mag, +10% Mag and I think +Melee damage increased after a full reload.

Ralron
04-20-2013, 05:58 AM
+Melee damage increased after a full reload.

^^^ this is not worth mentioning...

mbergeron
04-20-2013, 06:02 AM
This is an interesting thought, but remember the bugs CAN be killed doing no dmg to a target.

Using a canker infector does built up DoT, spawns bugs, and does base damage so you wouldn't be only relying on the bugs which is nice. The only thing that does suck is they made the range really close so you do put yourself in danger alot.

Munx
04-20-2013, 06:06 AM

I generally do enough dps to match the rest of the co-op teams dmg alone regardless of weapon setup, so yeah, dont need to dig in the dirt for a legendary, dosnt change the fact that legendaries are worth it.

Tachmag pulser has 25 fire rate, 126 dmg It procs nano-effects constantly compared to the saws odd nano effect now and then, it has next to zero recoil or bloom, and it being a hipfire weapon it means you dont need to stop shooting accurately to move from cover to cover, and while full dps saw users will use my very own combo (dual saws with prepardness), the tachmags reload is next to instant.

Everytime you stop shooting your saw to reset your bloom, you are losing massive amounts of dps.

I won't argue that the saw isnt a beast, because it is, infact I loved it so much that my first char ever only used a saw, while my newer char has been more versatile.

But it is not in a league of its own.

Ralron
04-20-2013, 06:08 AM
Using a canker infector does built up DoT, spawns bugs, and does base damage so you wouldn't be only relying on the bugs which is nice. The only thing that does suck is they made the range really close so you do put yourself in danger alot.

I only ever used the FRC Innoculator and the VBI Invader, they are interesting due to the fact when 4-5 darts hit it does like 600dmg or so + the bug damage which is about 500ish. The range nerf was soooo horrible, I was using infectors right before the patch, when I got back the range was cut in half...they should have made them more like the medics gun from TF2 slow traveling, quick bullet drop.

Ralron
04-20-2013, 06:20 AM
I generally do enough dps to match the rest of the co-op teams dmg alone regardless of weapon setup, so yeah, dont need to dig in the dirt for a legendary, dosnt change the fact that legendaries are worth it.

Tachmag pulser has 25 fire rate, 126 dmg It procs nano-effects constantly compared to the saws odd nano effect now and then, it has next to zero recoil or bloom, and it being a hipfire weapon it means you dont need to stop shooting accurately to move from cover to cover, and while full dps saw users will use my very own combo (dual saws with prepardness), the tachmags reload is next to instant.

Everytime you stop shooting your saw to reset your bloom, you are losing massive amounts of dps.

I won't argue that the saw isnt a beast, because it is, infact I loved it so much that my first char ever only used a saw, while my newer char has been more versatile.

But it is not in a league of its own.

Man, you do have a point, but SMGs have P!$$ poor range as well as requiring more rounds to kill (BTK). I know ammo is most of the time abundant, but sometimes it is not. These are also two completely different play styles, run-in-gun vs Bipod-up. (oh those 240B/M60 days) So its not so much which gun is better then it is which play style do you prefer.

Munx
04-20-2013, 06:35 AM
Range really isnt a issue, they get an abundance of falloff dmg bonuses trough lvling, and sure it takes more rounds to kill, but really not a issue, I very rarely if ever hit 0 ammo on my smg in co-op, and if I do, I always have a backup shotgun or wolfhound since running dual smg is pointless.

And yeah playstyle is relevant, however other posters point was that no gun could supposedly beat saw, which is entirely incorrect :)

Ralron
04-20-2013, 06:39 AM
Range really isnt a issue, they get an abundance of falloff dmg bonuses trough lvling, and sure it takes more rounds to kill, but really not a issue, I very rarely if ever hit 0 ammo on my smg in co-op, and if I do, I always have a backup shotgun or wolfhound since running dual smg is pointless.

And yeah playstyle is relevant, however other posters point was that no gun could supposedly beat saw, which is entirely incorrect :)

I don't know...SAW could beat it...yet your ...techyvag Smudgegun was it? could beat the SAW? roflmao...im too tired...

mrgrimezHD
04-20-2013, 08:53 AM
I agree to some extent, I've seen White Commons which have more or the same power as a Legendary for some unknown reason. Maybe it's a glitch? as I don't think a White Common AR should be on par with an Orange TACC Rifle. Just saying.

However, if you get a Legendary weapon with a selection of Synergy stats and then you find the Mods which accompany them, you'll see that weapon transform into something beastly and in some cases, make the 'Legendary' title seem worth it.

Not to mention if you choose the right perks, get those right along with the Synergy of your weapons AND Synergy Mod Sets, then you'll be a walking tank.

Death Wish
04-20-2013, 09:10 AM
you do understand you probably only found one or two legendary weapons. my VBI TACC AR does +10% damage after killing someone and the fire rate is increased by 5% so far. To be honest all the weapons are about the same, it's a matter of how you build your gun with mods and overall player skill.

Lostbytes
04-20-2013, 10:33 AM

laziness at its best.......

Grimms AKF
04-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Imma call BS on this one...the highest that i could possible calculate is 3.6x to 3.7x max, my wolfhound could possible reach 5.2x or even 5.5x depending on its default bonuses and the maxed out bonus
for the snipe i think i factor the preks i have to deals just under 700 an did a 9.8k crit so that could be my bad but point of the matter still stands

Ralron
04-20-2013, 10:43 PM
for the snipe i think i factor the preks i have to deals just under 700 an did a 9.8k crit so that could be my bad but point of the matter still stands

WOW! I was so out of it last night I completely forgot about all the cloak perks. Yeah I could see all those perks adding up nicely...hmmm