PDA

View Full Version : Trading with friends - A conundrum

Xanirus
04-20-2013, 03:30 AM
Minus the bugs, I enjoy the game for what it is. Most importantly, for it's dynamic events and toned down progression so you can still have a decent challenge and get appropriate loot wherever you are in the game. However, this mechanic itself has caused a problem: inability to trade with your friends.

The game scales your loot to whatever EGO you're at. This is great, as with the difficulty, it doesn't mean you always have to hang in one area just because the loot is your level. However I have a friend that has considerably less playtime than I do, which means we'll never be able to give each other weapons we find. The simple solution would be to play together only when we both can once the other has caught up. However, I'd like to think that this is not the original intent of the game's design. Being able to play anytime and as much as you want without having to worry about your high level steamrolling everything when you play with friends is great. The weapon EGO ratings aren't even rounded off, like 10, 20, 30, 300, 500, etc. They're exactly your level, to the last digit. So even if we were just 3 or 4 levels apart, we still couldn't trade.

Maybe if the game had for i.e. a 30% chance to drop loot equal to your friend or whoever is in your group's EGO rating, would anyone agree? Or, maybe there could be a function that could disable XP gain on the weapon if you don't meet the EGO requirements.

Honestly though, I can't really think of any way other way to properly balance this if it were to change. If it stays the way it is, trading becomes difficult, or at least you won't be able to use the weapons right away. If it changes, it could make the game less "scaling," sort of speak, to your level. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Xanirus
04-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Bump, posted so late so.