PDA

View Full Version : explain mods to me

ochomilla
04-20-2013, 07:44 AM
I have a veteran synergy frc heavy scattergun pump shotty.

Some one school me on mods please! I don't know what mods I need to put in. Do I have to use veteran synergy mods and if I do does it do anything special?

Schwa
04-20-2013, 07:55 AM
Explaining mods: You don't need mods. Nothing's challenging enough to require them.

ochomilla
04-20-2013, 07:58 AM
Explaining mods: You don't need mods. Nothing's challenging enough to require them.

Thanks for the useless comment! Lmao anyone care to explain them?

Schwa
04-20-2013, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the useless comment! Lmao anyone care to explain them?

It sounds useless, but it's the god's honest truth. You'll hit a plateau once you get comfortable with Dark Matter and start ignoring mods completely as they just eat inventory space.

ochomilla
04-20-2013, 08:01 AM
It sounds useless, but it's the god's honest truth. You'll hit a plateau once you get comfortable with Dark Matter and start ignoring mods completely as they just eat inventory space.

Im thinking they are mainly for pvp.

ochomilla
04-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Anyone care to enlighten me

Garu
04-20-2013, 02:07 PM
The number next to the synergy mods on the gun is how many mods of that type you need in the gun to get those bonuses.

ochomilla
04-20-2013, 03:50 PM
The number next to the synergy mods on the gun is how many mods of that type you need in the gun to get those bonuses.

Thank you! Do veteran mods even exist tho?

Garu
04-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Thank you! Do veteran mods even exist tho?

Im guessing your supposed to get them from synergy caches but they seemed bugged atm and only give brutal and sometimes run and gun.

DWill
04-20-2013, 03:56 PM
Um u dont hav to use vet. Mods u choose whether u wanna more damage high magazine capacity less recoil theres a mod vender at iron demon ranch that sells all these rank 1 u can also add more mod slot for full modding of ur shotty. U can do side missions and by mod cashes for more mods or better mods

Old97
04-20-2013, 04:19 PM
I like mods, as they do have a lot of value when used properly. For instance, my Big Boomer has an extra shot due to a mag mod [3 instead of 2]. My SAWs are about as accurate as a sniper rifle, due to a scope mod. Those SAWs also have an addtional 16 rounds [handy] due to a mag mod.

So, when used carefully, mods can certainy help a weapon be more effective.

But they can't help with poor tactics or bad shooting. Sorry.

JR2576
04-20-2013, 04:22 PM
Here is the info your looking for.....

There is 2 different types of synergies. Loadout synergy and weapon synergy.

A weapon synergy are the mods/weapons that list it similar to this...

Synergy: "X"
[1] effect "Y" will be applied 1%
[2] effect "Y" will be applied 2%
[3] effect "Y" will be applied 3%
[4] effect "Y" will be applied 4%

This means depending on how many mods you equip to the weapon will depend on what or how much effect "Y" will be granted. So for instance if you equip one mod you get... [1] effect "Y" will be applied 1%, equip 2 mods you get...[2] effect "Y" will be applied 2%, and so on. Note tho, that the weapon and mod must have same synergy to get effects.

A loadout synergy are the weapons that list it similar to this...

[2] Effect "Y" will be applied 1%

This means, to recieve that effect your primary and secondary weapon must have same synergy to get effect. So in your case you have a weapon that has...

Synergy:Veteran
[2] +10% rate of fire after a full reload.

This means to recieve this effect, you need to equip another weapon with same synergy in other weapon slot. This in turn will grant you the effects on that weapon, along with the other weapon your equipping to give said effect. Hope this helps..

ochomilla
04-20-2013, 06:00 PM
Here is the info your looking for.....

There is 2 different types of synergies. Loadout synergy and weapon synergy.

A weapon synergy are the mods/weapons that list it similar to this...

[1] effect "Y" will be applied 1%
[2] effect "Y" will be applied 2%
[3] effect "Y" will be applied 3%
[4] effect "Y" will be applied 4%

This means depending on how many mods you equip to the weapon will depend on what or how much effect "Y" will be granted. So for instance if you equip one mod you get... [1] effect "Y" will be applied 1%, equip 2 mods you get...[2] effect "Y" will be applied 2%, and so on. Note tho, that the weapon and mod must have same synergy to get effects.

A loadout synergy are the weapons that list it similar to this...

This means, to recieve that effect your primary and secondary weapon must have same synergy to get effect. So in your case you have a weapon that has...

This means to recieve this effect, you need to equip another weapon with same synergy in other weapon slot. This in turn will grant you the effects on that weapon, along with the other weapon your equipping to give said effect. Hope this helps..

Thank you for all the info

CaptainRaj
04-20-2013, 06:31 PM

Thanks for this info. I think it's the first time I've seen some attempt to explain it in a clear, logical and concise way!!

Anyway, with regards to the above, I assumed that meant you have to use two "xxx" synergy mods to gain that power. If I'm wrong then does that mean there is no point in adding synergy mods to that weapon?

JR2576
04-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Thanks for this info. I think it's the first time I've seen some attempt to explain it in a clear, logical and concise way!!

Anyway, with regards to the above, I assumed that meant you have to use two "xxx" synergy mods to gain that power. If I'm wrong then does that mean there is no point in adding synergy mods to that weapon?

Ok, the weapons that have [2] effect listed, Until proven otherwise don't have mods for synergy. Such as veteran, machinist, survivalist. .. etc. Since they are all listed as [2] they are loadout synergy. So when you equip 2 weapons in a loadout, and both weapons have same synergy (like veteran for instance) then you recieve effect. Only weapons with the synergy listed and effects 1-4 require mods for effect. Any weapon equip with synergy mods only work if weapon has Synergy as well. So no... don't put synergy mods into those unless you just want mod attribute and don't care about synergy. Hope that helps. If you need more in detail let me know

Malachi
04-20-2013, 07:22 PM
I have a veteran synergy frc heavy scattergun pump shotty.

Some one school me on mods please! I don't know what mods I need to put in. Do I have to use veteran synergy mods and if I do does it do anything special?

Just wait on synergies. Most of the mods aren't in the game yet :/

El Horse
04-20-2013, 07:28 PM
Someone posted this YouTube link on another thread and it explains everything very well

http://www.youtube.com/embed/OXDZwu07aME

Helped me anyway!

Brushie
04-20-2013, 07:44 PM
Im guessing your supposed to get them from synergy caches but they seemed bugged atm and only give brutal and sometimes run and gun.

I got 2 Survivalist sets from my last 2 lockboxes. Maybe it's a character-dependent sort of thing?

Mirimon
04-20-2013, 07:52 PM
do not buy mods.. unless it's better than white.. just vendor junk those, there is plenty of ways of obtaining better mods, plus.. lets say you have a really nice mod, but then throw on a bunch of crap ones to fill the slots.. then, down the road, you get another really nice mod.. well.. you filled the slot alrdy.. so now, you can retrieve mods (this destroys that weapon!) or.. you can remove them (this destroys the mods.. ALL OF THEM, you cannot select just 1).. you will save soo much time and currency knowing when to mod and when not to mod. It's smart to get into trading (btw trion.. we could really use a town to hang out in.. and simulate some form of economy if not bartering.)

CaptainRaj
04-21-2013, 02:34 AM

Thanks. So, it's possible, if extremely rare, to get a weapon with loadout and weapon synergies "attached"?