PDA

View Full Version : Leveling weapon skills?

Alex Drake
04-20-2013, 08:46 AM
So I am just curious if anyone knows exactly how weapon experience works? My weapon levels seem to level so slow and I always replace the weapon as soon as an individual weapon maxes out. Is it based on shots fired? Kills? Damage done? Combination of the above?

Courier sawed off shotguns seem to level the fastest for me but they certainly don't do very good sustained dps or fire quickly but they are good for basically one hit kills on trash so I am thinking they are based more on kill shots for exp?

I am sure this question has been asked before but my google search was not very helpful so just hoping someone else has figured out the answer and can help me out here.

Thanks

Hardlight
04-20-2013, 11:24 AM
Its strictly based on your total damage done, and weapons that have a full exp bar wont increase your skills. Youd have to switch to a new weapon to continue your skill progression.

Defy
04-20-2013, 11:38 AM
every weapon gains EXP and ranks up. This is evident by an EXP bar below the Mod slots on every weapon. As the weapon's EXP bar fills, you also gain EXP towards the Weapon Skill.

However, each individual weapon can only rank up once. After you fill the bar, you gain no more EXP for either the weapon or the weapon skill. Because of this, you'll need to constantly switch weapons that you use.

For instance, I'm focusing on LMGs. I buy the Frontier SAW outside Happy Pow Ranch and level it up. Once filled, I sell it and purchase another one. Each weapon gains exp and levels and I gain Weapon Skill levels.

ViciousTwist
04-21-2013, 02:27 AM
how many levels can a weapons skill rank up?

Earthlust
04-21-2013, 02:30 AM
Thanks for this. =) I'm still very new and learning the mechanics. I think I've been using a maxed out gun for awhile--oops.

Ginetti
04-21-2013, 02:30 AM
20. I just maxed out LMG's and the final bonus was +5 per cent damage, which is awesome!

You get a new improvment every level.

You can by going to the menu and hitting the little 'graph bar' graphic up the top. Anyone know what the shortcut key is?

Then just scroll down and each weapon skill is listed.

EG: There are seperate categories for sniper rifles, you have bolt action then semi fire ones.

Alcohol Fueled Brewtality
04-21-2013, 02:35 AM
All about damage (and healing!)

Kills don't matter

Era
04-21-2013, 02:48 AM
You can check your progress while using a weapon by monitoring the white bar beneath the weapon, by the way. It's easy to miss so I figure I'd point it out.

ViciousTwist
04-23-2013, 03:53 PM
20. I just maxed out LMG's and the final bonus was +5 per cent damage, which is awesome!

You get a new improvment every level.
What kind of improvement? does it show up on the stats of our guns, or how do we know we are getting it?

Era
04-23-2013, 03:57 PM
What kind of improvement? does it show up on the stats of our guns, or how do we know we are getting it?

Yes the changes are automatically displayed in your weapon window stats if they apply to visible stats but if you want to see your bonuses for yourself you can check the character page with the bar graph symbol. The list of bonuses will be under the progress bar for each weapon type with the next bonus over the bar. I said visible stats because for example my level 10 infector skill comes with +15% melee damage while using infectors.

ViciousTwist
04-23-2013, 04:05 PM
Yes the changes are automatically displayed in your weapon window stats if they apply to visible stats but if you want to see your bonuses for yourself you can check the character page with the bar graph symbol. The list of bonuses will be under the progress bar for each weapon type with the next bonus over the bar. I said visible stats because for example my level 10 infector skill comes with +15% melee damage while using infectors.
that seems like it could cause a problem... If I look at the weapon stats they will be different than if someone else were to look at the stats... might cause problems during trades...