PDA

View Full Version : **BANG BANG** Weapons!

Escyos
06-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Well the most recent gameplay video gave us a look at the kinds of weapons we get: (Note: links don't really provide too much more additional info except small description and some info)
-"Reaper" RPB (http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/"Reaper" RPB) - A kind of gattling gun.
-Ares FMR-3000 (http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/Ares FMR-3000) - An assault rifle.
-Bionet-X Mag-Collider (http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/Bionet-X Mag-Collider) - Energy weapon that drains shields and powers up your allies.
-Chronodyne MGH Grenadier (http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/Chronodyne MGH Grenadier) - Grenade launcher
-Militia MT-206 "Rhino" (http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/Militia MT-206 "Rhino") - combat shotgun
-Triune VM Intruder (http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/Triune VM Intruder) - bio weapon which "Attaches rapidly growing parasites to a host, causing death upon violent birth."
-Ultra Rapid Grenade (http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/Ultra Rapid Grenade) - grenades
-Volt Kamax RS4 (http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/Volt Kamax RS4) - sniper rifle.

Cyber
06-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Heh...I also like the sound of the Incubator weapon mentioned in the MMORPG article (http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/602/feature/6460/Trions-Bringing-the-Big-Guns.html/page/1).

Escyos
06-07-2012, 09:21 AM
Heh...I also like the sound of the Incubator weapon mentioned in the MMORPG article (http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/602/feature/6460/Trions-Bringing-the-Big-Guns.html/page/1).

Yea that sounded cool. I'll add it to the wiki when we get the full name.

Adsinonimous
06-07-2012, 10:34 AM
The Triune VM Intruder sounds fun, but horrible at the same time. I really want to see the final animation for deaths caused by this gun!

corellan
06-28-2012, 06:00 PM
i have allot of ideas for guns.
here is a list.
M2167,pistol, features a full auto mode, 3 round burst mode, and a semi auto mode.
AR97,assault rifle, high rate of fire but very inaccurate.
K1764,rocket launcher,can fire high explosive rounds.
the destroyer, shotgun, can fire slugs, buckshot, duck-shot, and deer-shot.
and finally the shredder, mealy weapon,a chainsaw-like long-sword, it can cut through gear and damage its target at the same time!

Kalbuir
06-28-2012, 11:26 PM
i have allot of ideas for guns.
here is a list.
M2167,pistol, features a full auto mode, 3 round burst mode, and a semi auto mode.
AR97,assault rifle, high rate of fire but very inaccurate.
K1764,rocket launcher,can fire high explosive rounds.
the destroyer, shotgun, can fire slugs, buckshot, duck-shot, and deer-shot.
and finally the shredder, mealy weapon,a chainsaw-like long-sword, it can cut through gear and damage its target at the same time!

It woud certainly be great if the game would allow multiple fire modes but from hoe I see it that could be interesting to implement in a 3rd person shooter as aim and especially recoil is a little less of a factor making single shot modes not so usefull.

However! Its the future, swapping ammo on the fly like a fire-mode would function in much of the same way. Each having advantages and drawbacks ofcourse.

TomFallion
06-29-2012, 04:58 AM
Bionet-X Mag-Collider i have always wanted some thing like that it would be so useful!

Kymer
06-29-2012, 12:43 PM
So how will the weapons operate in game? Will they function like a regular shooter in that you have to aim? or will it be more like Secret World when all abilities including guns have to have a target in order to work?

Kalbuir
06-29-2012, 12:46 PM
So how will the weapons operate in game? Will they function like a regular shooter in that you have to aim? or will it be more like Secret World when all abilities including guns have to have a target in order to work?

Hey and welcome!

It will for sure be aiming, and in interviews its been described as a pixel perfect shooter, which as far as I understand means that its more about precision than some of the other MMOy shooters. Meaning skill of aim probably plays a big factor. If you watch the gameplay video's you see a crosshair when players are running around in 3rd person.

Additionally there is so sniper footage from well 1st person / eye view which seems to follow the traditional scope approach to the sniper gun.

Hope this helps.

Kymer
06-29-2012, 12:57 PM
Ok cool thx for the info. I'd assumed and hoped it was going to be like that.

Resvrgam
06-29-2012, 02:14 PM
Right on, Kalbuir. :)

This is true: Defiance is a skill-based shooter at its core. Guns aren't "tab-targeted" and require players to aim and shoot just as they would in most shooter games today.

As for the sniper rifle: It's all about the "BOOM! HEADSHOT!" factor. Pixel-Perfect Shooting means that targeting certain critical spots on some enemies is possible and that could evoke special effects (like the blood geyser from a popped head seen on that unfortunate 99er in the footage).

Adsinonimous
06-29-2012, 02:38 PM
Thanks for understanding what "Pixel-perfect shooting" means, Resvrgam. I was really confused at what it was. I thought it just meant you had to aim at certain areas for different damage for weapons such as shotguns as their shots are spread and not a single bullet.

Cyber
06-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Right on, Kalibur. :)

This is true: Defiance is a skill-based shooter at its core. Guns aren't "tab-targeted" and require players to aim and shoot just as they would in most shooter games today.

As for the sniper rifle: It's all about the "BOOM! HEADSHOT!" factor. Pixel-Perfect Shooting means that targeting certain critical spots on some enemies is possible and that could evoke special effects (like the blood geyser from a popped head seen on that unfortunate 99er in the footage).

Hoo-rah! A dev!

Always good to see the devs poking their heads in the forums. I have to say I was always impressed at the dev/mod involvement over on the End of Nations forums, so hopefully that trend continues here as well :)

Kalbuir
06-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Right on, Kalibur. :)

Happy to see a confirmation as I had to rewind the interview a few times to actually catch the phrase Pixel-Perfect over the sound of the convention hall. It makes a lot of sense too, although I think a lot of Massive shooters have not done a real good job in the "perfect" department. I think a lot of it are pretty unproven grounds, especially for truly massive battles and area's. For the ones I played / tried / tested I never truly felt like I was playing a shooter more an MMO with aim where aim matters a little bit but it doesn't enhance your skill a hell of a lot. Hoping to see Defiance set the new tone.

Resvrgam
06-29-2012, 03:10 PM
Hoping to see Defiance set the new tone.

So are we. ^_^

Aythir
07-04-2012, 06:44 PM
I would also like something similar to what TSW has implemented. What I'm talking about is the fact you can use 2 weapons at the same time. What I was thinking is maybe you can under slung another weapon to something to give it an extra ability. Like strap a grenade launcher to my M4 so that I have something close to a M203. Or go Starship Troopers style and put a shotgun there. This would reduce the damage by a good bit for balance issues but would be pretty sweet.

urwifemykids
07-05-2012, 01:32 PM
The Triune VM Intruder sounds fun, but horrible at the same time. I really want to see the final animation for deaths caused by this gun!

lol me to but i have a dirty mind

urwifemykids
07-05-2012, 01:50 PM
iam going out there on a limb, iam hoping that there is like 100 differenant mod combos for each weapon (100 might be to high a number but you know what i mean alot) and for your guild i hope you can make your own guild camo.

Skog
07-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Here's some ideas for if you do/dont have them in game :P
I think there should be regular weapons, but then like Rare/genuine, etc types ex:
[Sniper] - sniper. Fire large shells . less then average accuracy but works at VERY long range. 4 bullet magazine.
Rare/Genuine [Sniper] Sniper, Fires Acidic based Rounds. Good Accuracy while working at long ranges. 8 bullet magazine.
Naming your weapon. Like finding a name tag or something and renaming your gun to "Sparky"
Customization? Make a scope from [list of things] and put it on your rifle for a ranged weapon? Paint your gun? Ex:
Spray paint Red [AK-47] w/o the stock. Duel mag, Laser Sights, shotgun underneath, shorter barrel. [CQC wep]
Is there reviving if you die? Like your buddy runs over and picks you up/ has to carry/drags you into cover for him to recover?
customization for vehicles? Paint your guild/clan symbol/name on your vehicle?
Companions? Will the game be fully voiced? Dynamic Side quests?
Those are my ideas. Id be glad if you think about them and/or are working them into the game

Gullven
07-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Realy Cool!

Kymer
07-05-2012, 06:06 PM
I would also like something similar to what TSW has implemented. What I'm talking about is the fact you can use 2 weapons at the same time. What I was thinking is maybe you can under slung another weapon to something to give it an extra ability. Like strap a grenade launcher to my M4 so that I have something close to a M203. Or go Starship Troopers style and put a shotgun there. This would reduce the damage by a good bit for balance issues but would be pretty sweet.

Ah what is done in TSW is not alot different than what you see in other mmorpgs like Rift or WOW. The main difference is that the two weapons in TSW determine what active abilities you can use that you have selected from the Anima Wheel. If you put points into Elemental and Hammers you have to have a Hammer and an Elemental wep in order to use them. The idea of having a weapon with a secondary ability, say a machine gun with a grenade launcher attached is more of a fps type of thing.

Adsinonimous
07-06-2012, 08:04 AM
What I want to see with the weapon system is a way to switch between weapons with ease, be that a selection of weapons in your "hand" that is easily selected on the HUD or an easy selection of weapons inside your inventory.

If Defiance decide to have available attachments for their weapons, I think that will be great as it gives you a greater option of weapons you like to use and adds another level of individuality for your character. However, I think that balance needs to be the first thing in mind when things like this get introduced. So if that system can be balanced then I think it would be a good idea. Then again, there may be certain weapon restrictions for PvP that they could introduce like PvP-only gear could be better discouraging people to use their normal gear but that would then have it's own problems.

Von
07-06-2012, 06:27 PM
One thing I wonder about is will there be a rocket or missile lancher in the game. I saw in one of
the screen shots several people using what looked like rocket or missile lanchers to take down a
hellbug. They'll probably be very exspensive to get.

Of course the raiders seem to have a warrior who uses a RPG like weapon. You can see him both
in the concept drawings and in the underground mine demo.

Aythir
07-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Yes Kymer, I do know how the hammer elemental thing works in TSW. I do not agree with you that it is at all similar to games like WoW. In wow you select a class and you pretty much have 3 cookie cutter trees if you want to be the best at that role. What I was explaining is you could bring out your ak47 with an underslung shotgun for good powerful medium to short range. But then you may need to switch out the shotgun for a grenade launcher or a short burst flame thrower. You may then switch your ak 47 to a pair of sub machine pistols. This is more TSW oriented showing that you have the ability to switch pretty drastically as you move around the game and gives you wayyy more customization of your character.

Cyber
07-07-2012, 03:30 PM
One thing I wonder about is will there be a rocket or missile lancher in the game. I saw in one of
the screen shots several people using what looked like rocket or missile lanchers to take down a

Of course the raiders seem to have a warrior who uses a RPG like weapon. You can see him both

It is hard to imagine a modern FPS/TPS game without some form of rocket launcher or RPG type weapon (escpecially given how much gamers like explosions), so I would be willing to bet they will be in the available arsenal in some shape or forum :)

Kalbuir
07-09-2012, 04:02 AM

At the very least you get to launch living organisms at your enemies, which in my opinion is cooler than explosions!

Arkamenitas
07-14-2012, 02:25 PM
lasers, dont forget lasers. pew pew!

Sam
07-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Will weapons be customizable or upgradeable? That would be neat because then I could name my gun and it could be famous!... Maybe...

Von
07-30-2012, 10:26 PM
From what I hear, all guns will have mod slots. You can give them a better grip,
better sight, scope, extented mags that sort of thing.

Jenbuu
07-31-2012, 05:13 AM
i like big weapons but i have a soft spot for a nice back up weapon, a beasty pistol or a decent shotgun

did you guys ever watch SGU Ronan's pistol i <3

Aaronjin
07-31-2012, 12:42 PM
the guns in the cids look like regular guns + abilities, but since trion is doing it, i'm expecting a twist or something, loves the "rewrite" they kinda did with end of nations, if they can do that with defiance to the standard mmo shooter, then it'll come out good

Arkamenitas
07-31-2012, 02:40 PM
so we have bang bang weapons, but do we have pew pew weapons? this is a seriously critical concern!

Jenbuu
07-31-2012, 02:48 PM
judging by the game play footages from conventions and the look of rifles you will get your laser and such

Arkamenitas
08-12-2012, 02:08 PM
judging by the game play footages from conventions and the look of rifles you will get your laser and such

good. because they are absolutely mandatory. sharks optional.