PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Clan vs Clan?

Jenbuu
12-13-2012, 11:47 AM
So in our interview with Rob Hill he speaks about Clan vs Clan action ( non instances )
What do you guys think about that?

Shadinaxx
12-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Sounds good, will this be an activated or full time thing? If some of our members want to particpate, but others dont, is that possible?

Or are we talking about a similer function like Eve's war declaration system?

Jenbuu
12-13-2012, 01:04 PM
i dont know but its like you can pick your enemies so war dec maybe

Awesome
12-13-2012, 01:06 PM
If pvp servers are clan v clan only, then this doesn't work very well imho.
Conan did this and basically if your not in a large clan you can't progress very well. There were areas you could not even enter because a large clan would block the way. This makes small clans worthless and people only join the small clans till they can get into a larger clan. Also, if you jump into the game and there are only a few in your clan online, then it is the whole game against just you. Your survivability is almost nil. Seriously, there is nothing fun about being in a small or medium sized clan, and having to go to one area where there is a 100+ size clan just camping an area. Since its clan v clan, you can't just call for help, so everyone just keeps dying, until another 100+ clan decides they might want to fight in that area, but again, your not in their clan either, so your still just dying.

There are great concepts in Clan v clan, but then negatives far outweigh the positives.

Now if only small parts of the game are clan v clan, then I'm all for it, but game wide clan v clan doesn't work.

Carnak
12-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Following on from Awesome's points...

I agree there should be some non-PvP areas so that if imbalances do occur, the game doesn't become completely unplayable for weaker/smaller clans. They paid for the game and are entitled to some enjoyment from it.

Alliances are potentially another good way to allow smaller clans to survive in clan PvP warfare. Getting the mechanics right for that can be tricky though.

stormaaron
12-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Sounds good, will this be an activated or full time thing? If some of our members want to particpate, but others dont, is that possible?

Or are we talking about a similer function like Eve's war declaration system?

i would love the war declaration idea! it would allow clans to fight against each other if they want but also allow smaller clans and randoms to not be caught in the cross fire

Shadinaxx
12-15-2012, 11:54 PM
So, assuming it's a war dec type system, I'm sure it would be well balanced. For instance, with a "typical" war dec system, it costs x amount of currency to initiate the war, then x amount of currency to keep it open past the "normal" allotted time to wage war. Now, if they try to discourage a 500 player pop clan from declaring on a 10 person clan, they could impose a currency tax for the initiater that is proportionate to the member differances. This would also change how clans manage their alts. If it's a clan with 50 members, an each member has 3 alts, they are put in range of clans that have 130-170 active members.

By and By, with a war dec system, there is oppurtunities for "mercenary" clans that will fight or defend for you, as well as alliances between clans. This would be a good step for keeping the "hardcore" fps gamer's interest, that are mostly interested in pvp, while keeping the game available for the more casual gamer, or the gamers that are more interested in PvE, with occasional pvp.

stormaaron
12-16-2012, 12:10 AM
By and By, with a war dec system, there is oppurtunities for "mercenary" clans that will fight or defend for you, as well as alliances between clans. This would be a good step for keeping the "hardcore" fps gamer's interest, that are mostly interested in pvp, while keeping the game available for the more casual gamer, or the gamers that are more interested in PvE, with occasional pvp.

The idea of the merc clans never crossed my mind it would defiantly keep shooter fans happy and allow significant replay value seeing how your skills could be bought plus like you said it would allow those who dont want a large scale clan war to not participate

AmazingPatt
12-16-2012, 01:41 AM
I like all those idea =D clan vs clan for sure need to be there . i wouldn't mind if it was not at retail but a patch later . i bet trion have something up their sleeve for us with clan vs clan

Awesome
12-16-2012, 12:56 PM
I agree that some version of Clan V Clan can be a good idea, and some ideas mentioned theoretically would allow it to work. A system just needs to be in place that allows smaller clans or players not associated with a clan to flourish.

Phatality
12-16-2012, 01:01 PM
from what i gathered from the interview, its not a FFA type system both clans have to agree to be enemies in order to hunt each others players. its not like everyone for them selves, so only the big guy wins.
u can go through the whole game with your clan and not have to pvp once against another clan or player for that matter.
So dont be put off with this idea just yet. wait for more info on it then make up your minds if you like it or not.
jumping to conclusions on game mechanics we are not fully aware of can lead to some one not picking up the game. and we dont want that.

Fikticio
12-16-2012, 03:43 PM
I love the idea.

This offers for tons of possibilities.
The one fing they fink they have to do with this mecanic is to be able to turn it on and off, or you will be going for a gank fest and not for a fun stuff to do.

But for a fiu exemples i have in mind:
- 1 - lest say you divide your clan in 2 and organize hunte partys. Sand box styl.
- 2 - or you can organize it with an other clan and have like a contest.
- 3 - or you can put 3 players in a clan (like your 2 one) then you are all at a starting point, the 3 players go, you give them like 2 or 3 min then you hunte them. You can make with rewords and stuff.
- 4 - ...etc...

You can make of this mecanic a very sandboxy elemente.