PDA

View Full Version : No love for LMGs

Sumdum
04-20-2013, 02:23 PM
Why are LMGs some of the most useless guns in the game you cant hardly hit enemies and then when you do they are weak as hell i know pistols(PISTOLS)that are stronger than a LMG= light MACHINE GUN. Come on Trion fix it please. Food for thought ill shoot you with a pistol then a machine gun and you tell me which one hurts more hahaha....:cool:

Shadow Sniper
04-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Why are LMGs some of the most useless guns in the game you cant hardly hit enemies and then when you do they are weak as hell i know pistols(PISTOLS)that are stronger than a LMG= light MACHINE GUN. Come on Trion fix it please. Food for thought ill shoot you with a pistol then a machine gun and you tell me which one hurts more hahaha....:cool:

One or two well placed high caliber pistol shots > spray of lmg

ChaosOneX
04-20-2013, 02:35 PM

1 to 1 bullet comparison? Okay, I'mma use a .50 Desert Eagle m'kay?

hagndaz
04-20-2013, 02:41 PM
a white lmg with tier 1 accuracy and extended clip mods will land you on top of major arkfall leaderboards most of the time if you focus on critical hits.

gamingreal
04-20-2013, 02:42 PM
i tried the LMGs but quickly returned to my favourite which is the standard fully automatic assault riffle with either fire or electric elemental affects, I seem to get high dps with them (i havn't done any maths) and often come quite high in the arkfall leaderboards

The Oncoming Storm
04-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Step 1: Learn the recoil
Step 2: Use the "prepared" perk in conjunction with a good alternate weapon
step 3: F**k B***hes
Step 5: Profit

Obso
04-20-2013, 02:51 PM
Weakest?? I have a SAW that does 429 damage per shot,I always lead the arkfall leaderboards(atleast top 5) you gotta burst fire them,But in PvP I go with AR,but playing the mission SAW is the only way IMO

The Oncoming Storm
04-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Also use SAWs that have either lightning or radiation effects for more combat effectiveness...

Unsent Soul
04-20-2013, 02:55 PM
Weakest?? I have a SAW that does 429 damage per shot,I always lead the arkfall leaderboards(atleast top 5) you gotta burst fire them,But in PvP I go with AR,but playing the mission SAW is the only way IMO

I agree. OP must be ******ed... SAWs have base DMG of 400 and can go up to 432... Plus with 111-119 rounds a mag it's a death machine. I have 4-5 SAWs in my inventory at all times. LMG's are probably the best gun in comparison to clip size and DMG.

Only thing left to say is "lrn2play"

Chronosphear84
04-20-2013, 02:55 PM
I myself have a white grade (May be white but it kicks *** lol) FRC SAW with the Siphon element
8.0 fire rate and hella damage and I love it!

The may be slower in fire rate but with critical hits and controlled recoil
they are beast guns you just gotta lean how to use them properly. :p

Atheosis
04-20-2013, 03:22 PM
The SAW is pretty good overall. The rest suck. I was very disappointed when no LMG buffs came with the big patch.

phunphool
04-20-2013, 03:23 PM
SAW + Overcharge eats mobs for breakfast and bosses for lunch.

SYN BLACK XS
04-20-2013, 04:01 PM
Step 1: Learn the recoil
Step 2: Use the "prepared" perk in conjunction with a good alternate weapon
step 3: F**k B***hes
Step 5: Profit

Brilliant.

FRC SAW FTW.

Pyth
04-20-2013, 04:01 PM
As everyone else is saying, the SAW is incredible. Blows most weapons out of the water.

Thunder's are decent if you can get some good synergy with them and Disruptors are kind of ok.

Rockers though.... yeah.

ActualHero
04-20-2013, 04:03 PM
Also use SAWs that have either lightning or radiation effects for more combat effectiveness...

Saw with fire is also a good option.

White saw: fire dmg, 438 dmg, 119 in the clip= ark fall hero.

Khyron
04-20-2013, 04:04 PM
The SAW is pretty good overall. The rest suck. I was very disappointed when no LMG buffs came with the big patch.

I disagree. The saw is awesome, but the others aren't bad. At first I thought the same thing but after leaning how they handle, they're just as effective.

And just for the record...the Machinist's Gun is the best LMG.

Old97
04-20-2013, 04:10 PM
I love the SAW's in this game. Modded out properly, they are death machines. [exceptions: LMC SAW and Thunder]

I always use the extended mag, a sniper-like scope, and a power barrel [+2 falloff]. Low recoil stock is nice.

These do well over 400 damage, with sniper accuracy and well over 100-round mags. What's not to like?

My second favorite is the fully modded heavy assault carbine. That is a real monster when modded properly.

I have a backup Wolverine fully modded pistol with added fire damage. This can kill a Dark Matter trooper in one burst.

Cluster shot is my primary back-up, as it's a shotgun that thinks it's a grenade launcher!

SMG's just run out of ammo too fast for me. In addition, they use the same ammm as my favorites [silly], so I don't use them.

Of course, your weapons load-out will be determined by your play style; so go for whatever works for you.

Lupis Volk
04-20-2013, 04:41 PM

Wow you must either suck with them or have a useless one because the LMG's i have are awesome.

Azrael008uk
04-20-2013, 04:48 PM
LMG's are awesome.

Try firing in short bursts to keep the recoil down for far away enemies.

Overcharge and an extended magazing will see you standing toe to toe with the Mutant Minigunners and Grenediers and dropping them.

Az

Mattias Nilsson
04-20-2013, 05:07 PM
"lrn2play"

This......

Taaltos
04-20-2013, 05:12 PM
I looooove my FRC SAW. Works like a charm.

TriPiiN
04-20-2013, 05:33 PM
I got 119 kills with about 2.3 million dmg on a co op mission with my FRC SAW. I would love to see anyone get that with a pistol....

AGuyWithNoName
04-20-2013, 05:36 PM
LMG's are awesome.

Overcharge and an extended magazing will see you standing toe to toe with the Mutant Minigunners and Grenediers and dropping them.

Az

Two other good mods I like to use on my lmg's are the aim/hip fire damage X 1.05 and the butt that gives recoil/bloom reduction. You can also use the stock that helps with movement while aiming for a noticeable benefit. I'd have to look at which one I have on at the moment but I want to say there is a scope that increased Critical damage as well, but I may be thinking of the sniper scope.

StanleyPain
04-20-2013, 05:41 PM
I managed to get an incredible LMG as a drop. It has full auto fire so you can empty about 70 shots in a single trigger pull. I use it on Arkfalls against the symbiote creature and the Matriarch. With overdrive, I can do probably somewhere around 7000-8000 damage in a single clip, which is a lot for a character around my level. I would use it as my main weapon, but it has no scope and I like to have some distance doing the normal missions.

Frantic Poet
04-20-2013, 05:44 PM
SAWs are probably the best PvE weapons around.

SMG's just run out of ammo too fast for me. In addition, they use the same ammm as my favorites [silly], so I don't use them.
That's a big problem that I hope gets looked at down the road. High RoF weapons are absolutely punished in comparison to slower RoF/high damage weapons. SMGs are fun, but by the time you kill anything your ammo reserves are gone. A SAW can fire forever and runs out of targets before ammo.

Atheosis
04-20-2013, 07:51 PM
I disagree. The saw is awesome, but the others aren't bad. At first I thought the same thing but after leaning how they handle, they're just as effective.

And just for the record...the Machinist's Gun is the best LMG.

The numbers don't really bear that out. Every other LMG is markedly inferior to most assault rifles along with the SAW. The Disruptor's 1.0x crit multiplier is particularly hilarious.

Jeff Kaos
04-20-2013, 08:42 PM
i tried the LMGs but quickly returned to my favourite which is the standard fully automatic assault riffle with either fire or electric elemental affects, I seem to get high dps with them (i havn't done any maths) and often come quite high in the arkfall leaderboards

^This^
I use LMG's exclusively on Arkfalls and I'm consistently landing in the top 10 at least and all I ever use are whites and greens I get from vendors, throw on a scope and tear a**. Combine that with overpower (trigger it just as you begin reloading, bam, instant reload and now extra damage) and you have a superior combo for PVE. I don't do much PvP so not sure how effective it'll be on that side of the fence though.

RedScar
04-20-2013, 08:59 PM
I <3 my FRC SAW

YellowTM
04-20-2013, 11:47 PM
If you can't wreck stuff with an lmg that's sad.

as has been stated repeatedly- FRC SAW = win button

if you can't handle the recoil I'd suggest breaking away from the cod tun and gun hipfire and spray tactics.aim small... Miss small.

Sumdum
04-21-2013, 04:03 PM
touche everyone i just had to get higher ego for better weapons finally understanding how everything works i love my LMG now that i have a much better one :) i do hella damage sorry for first post was new to the game

YellowTM
04-21-2013, 04:10 PM
touche everyone i just had to get higher ego for better weapons finally understanding how everything works i love my LMG now that i have a much better one :) i do hella damage sorry for first post was new to the game

welcome to the club.

S7YLEE
04-21-2013, 05:42 PM
well i'm always gettin top dps on co op with lmgs xD there amazing

N3C70V01D
04-21-2013, 06:23 PM
Which ones are the best types of LMGs then?

PookLove
04-21-2013, 06:32 PM
a white lmg with tier 1 accuracy and extended clip mods will land you on top of major arkfall leaderboards most of the time if you focus on critical hits.

LOL yeah I have no idea what this guy is talking about.. I bet he can use whatever weapon he'd like and I could use an AR or LMG and be above him in damage.

Mnemonic
04-21-2013, 07:03 PM
Which ones are the best types of LMGs then?

Personally I find SAW's to be the go to LMG for damage. The EMC one is pretty fun if you like a high rate of fire with little to no recoil, though at a price of lower damage.

BunkeredSphinx
04-22-2013, 12:48 AM
1 to 1 bullet comparison? Okay, I'mma use a .50 Desert Eagle m'kay?

where do you find D'eagle then.