PDA

View Full Version : No names?

Rally
04-20-2013, 04:21 PM
Ok. So I'm sure I will get flamed for being clueless, but why is it that I can no longer aim/look at other players in-game and see their name/clan? Could see this pre-patch but cannot now. Was that broken before (showing names) or is it broken now (not showing names). Bizarre...

loken
04-20-2013, 04:27 PM
I've been having the same issue

Joe87
04-20-2013, 04:29 PM
I too have had this same problem, but i started post patch (first start last night) but today i one person i aimed at showed infor of name and clan.

EV76
04-20-2013, 05:04 PM
I have that problem too, post patch. The only way I can see names is if I have a bmg then point weapon at player. That is the only weapon, also if I am in a group. The other thing is that post patch I hardly see anybody in their cool outfits, most of the time it's the generic dudes running around.

ShiMoShinkenFry
04-20-2013, 05:11 PM
I miss seeing peoples names. ):

YOMO
04-20-2013, 05:59 PM
I have that problem too, post patch. The only way I can see names is if I have a bmg then point weapon at player. That is the only weapon, also if I am in a group. The other thing is that post patch I hardly see anybody in their cool outfits, most of the time it's the generic dudes running around.
thank good it's not just me, it's really starting to piss me off. Also arkfalls are lagging really badly, i wish i could delete the New patch it ruined the game

Bad Instincts
04-20-2013, 06:07 PM
I miss seeing peoples names. ):
Same her. I hope be fixed.

Dantronos223
04-20-2013, 06:08 PM
same thing here. once and a while i'll see one or two names out of a mass of people on screen but even thats rare.

Loftmore
04-20-2013, 06:14 PM
Yeah, it was useful for maybe finding someone who could possibly be invited to a clan to see if they were in one already at a glance. I imagine they'll fix that soon. I mean, I hope they do.

kniferun
04-20-2013, 06:24 PM
Sometimes the names are there, sometimes they arent. Its weird.

YOMO
04-20-2013, 06:32 PM
Sometimes the names are there, sometimes they arent. Its weird.

It's alot more than just names, I really hope they fix it soon. Lag and seeing everyone as generic characters gets annoying.

kniferun
04-20-2013, 06:37 PM
Its really annoying when leaving the menus after salvaging 20-30 weapons/equipment. and have to see the game go through 20-30 +xxx salvage. I'd rather have the prepatch version atm.

coborel
04-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Glad to know I'm not alone with this problem. Is anyone else having major lag issues loading the map on occasion?

YOMO
04-20-2013, 08:11 PM
Glad to know I'm not alone with this problem. Is anyone else having major lag issues loading the map on occasion?

Only near arkfalls with alot of people, prepatch everything was fine :(

brantkin
04-20-2013, 08:13 PM
Yeah i hope they fix this in a day or two. It ruins the mmo aspect of the game. Now it truly feels like a single player game. I think they should also add in a thing to tell who is talking with a mic. So i can mute them easier if they are annoying.

Dunnomatic
04-20-2013, 08:20 PM
I believe its intentional. When you talk your name will show up. I think for that entire session, atleast to people who heard you. I hope its just a bug and gets turned back because it makes no sense in a game designed for multiplayer to have names not show unless your talking but to also have area voice chat muted as a default setting.

badfish
04-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Yea I'm lagging like crazy all of a sudden taking minutes for my charger to appear and don't even try to do a time trial lol no rings!

Dunnomatic
04-20-2013, 08:24 PM
It's alot more than just names, I really hope they fix it soon. Lag and seeing everyone as generic characters gets annoying.

The character models not loading or taking forever to load is a seperate issue but agree it needs fixing.

How do they expect people to buy skins and lots of them if the player knows they dont show for other people around them? Some will buy because you still get your own characters to show 100% and if a person plays with you for a minute they seem to show properly until you seperate but they are missing a significant sales driver by letting this stay as.

Major Nelson
04-20-2013, 08:26 PM
They took them out, and the reason why you see names is becuase they are in game chat with a mic.

Jeff Kaos
04-20-2013, 08:29 PM
They took them out, and the reason why you see names is becuase they are in game chat with a mic.

This is what I figured too. I think it would be better if they left the names up and then just had them change color when someone talks. Since blue and green are used for friends and group members I figure orange or red is as good as any color.

Dunnomatic
04-20-2013, 08:37 PM
I really dont mind the names being gone, at least on Xbox if the chat was defaulted to on. Most communication on here will be mics because keyboards arent in heavy use and to mute it and take away the ability to see someones name to get ahold of them is completely contradictory to a social game like this is structured to be.

I have come across atleast 10 people in towns and mainly Arkfalls that heard me cough or talking and sent me Xbox live messages because they didnt know they had to unmute the area voice chat.

I try and do the community a service and use a keypad and type periodically instructions on how to turn off the mute at the end of Arkfalls and in towns but reality is we shouldnt have to rely on this sort of word of mouth.

At least turn the mute off for area voice chat. It would kind of deal with the names issue too since peoples names would be regularly showing with more people talking.

Rally
04-20-2013, 09:37 PM
I really dont mind the names being gone, at least on Xbox if the chat was defaulted to on. Most communication on here will be mics because keyboards arent in heavy use and to mute it and take away the ability to see someones name to get ahold of them is completely contradictory to a social game like this is structured to be.

I have come across atleast 10 people in towns and mainly Arkfalls that heard me cough or talking and sent me Xbox live messages because they didnt know they had to unmute the area voice chat.

I try and do the community a service and use a keypad and type periodically instructions on how to turn off the mute at the end of Arkfalls and in towns but reality is we shouldnt have to rely on this sort of word of mouth.

At least turn the mute off for area voice chat. It would kind of deal with the names issue too since peoples names would be regularly showing with more people talking.

Dunnomatic - thanks for the response. So you are saying that I will be able to see anyone's name information who has a mic and does not have area chat muted. Do I have that right? Is this speculation or factual on your part? Just curious as I played in Madera for 2 hours earlier today and didn't see a single person with name info (although no one was talking either).

Dunnomatic
04-20-2013, 09:46 PM
I havent seen this confirmed from a Dev but yes.

From my experience I cant tell if the names which appear in white only show after someone starts talking and you hear them or if its when someone has a mic on plus has the area voice chat unmuted.

I know theyre names stay up for a long time so mightbjust be when a mic is detected and they changed the mute so they can talk because I ran across a few guys talking in area chat while playing and like three hours later randomly noticed a name while at a shop even though I couldnt hear anything and it was the same guy. From observations I think if your mics on but not in area specific chat the names stop showing too, but I could be wrong.

You probably didnt hear anyone because the MUTE is defaulted for being ON now so area chat unless unmuted doesnt work and thus no names. I think a lot of people have headsets and think noones talking because of this. Its that everyone is muted by default in area chat.

Rally
04-20-2013, 09:59 PM
I havent seen this confirmed from a Dev but yes.

From my experience I cant tell if the names which appear in white only show after someone starts talking and you hear them or if its when someone has a mic on plus has the area voice chat unmuted.

I know theyre names stay up for a long time so mightbjust be when a mic is detected and they changed the mute so they can talk because I ran across a few guys talking in area chat while playing and like three hours later randomly noticed a name while at a shop even though I couldnt hear anything and it was the same guy. From observations I think if your mics on but not in area specific chat the names stop showing too, but I could be wrong.

You probably didnt hear anyone because the MUTE is defaulted for being ON now so area chat unless unmuted doesnt work and thus no names. I think a lot of people have headsets and think noones talking because of this. Its that everyone is muted by default in area chat.

Thanks man. Unmuted my area chat awhile back and spent like 2 hours running around and talking to myself. Reminded me of most conversations with my wife. ;-)

Dunnomatic
04-20-2013, 10:07 PM
LMAO

Yeah I feel kinda stupid just random text messaging every town or Arkfall because I get no response a vast majority of the time, same with randomly talking in my headset. After about the fifth time of "anyone got a mic" you feel special lol.

Ive helped a good handful I guess so its worth it, but definetly likeca conversation with the wife, noones listening but I just keep talking lol.

Loftmore
04-20-2013, 11:21 PM
Wow. Thanks Dunn for the heads up on the headsets.

As far as an earlier post goes, I, too, was having SEVERE trouble doing the Demon Run Time Trial as it just simply Would Not acknowledge that I was driving through the First ring. It worked today but last night it was kind of a nightmare, as I was also going crazy trying to communicate with strangers who couldn't hear me.

deadralordchaos
04-20-2013, 11:25 PM
Man, every time they try And fix something, they make it worse, great job guys!!!!!! Ur really earning all that 4ucking blood money ur getting :D

Dunnomatic
04-20-2013, 11:28 PM
Hey no problem.

The more voice chatters the better because its very easy to mute.

I tend touse my chatad a lot and throw a message up anytime Im around more than four people or so most nights but I would use a mic if I ran into more people using them. Hopefully if the word gets spread we can get a decent amount of chat going on since thats the most common communication on the system.

I love using the chatpad but just not enough people use them or plug in their keyboard.

Raver Wolfe
04-21-2013, 09:52 AM
I appear to be one of the few that actually uses a USB Keyboard with my Xbox xD