PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Sales Figures

Old97
04-20-2013, 04:26 PM
In the first week, there were slightly over 175k units sold for the Xbox; PC & PS3 sales combined were about 120k.

Those are not bad figures for a new IP release.

However, bear in mind that Black Ops II has sold over 12 million units for the Xbox, and over 10 million for the PS3.

I looked, but I couldn't find any sales figures fior the first 2 weeks.

In any event, it does show that the main player base is for the Xbox system.

That's both good and bad news, IMO.

Ikagawa
04-20-2013, 04:44 PM
In the first week, there were slightly over 175k units sold for the Xbox; PC & PS3 sales combined were about 120k.

However, bear in mind that Black Ops II has sold over 12 million units for the Xbox, and over 10 million for the PS3.

Digital sales are not shown.

Avelya
04-20-2013, 04:45 PM
Digital sales are not shown.

This. Because PC would be way higher than Xbox and PS3 if it was.

Vuule
04-20-2013, 04:48 PM
And most of the times, these are copies sold in NA only.

And did you really just compare it to CoD? Of course that sells more.

Ikagawa
04-20-2013, 04:49 PM
And most of the times, these are copies sold in NA only.

And did you really just compare it to CoD? Of course that sells more.

If he's basing his figures off VG Chartz then that included EU sales.

Ramano
04-20-2013, 04:51 PM
What does this matter?

Lupis Volk
04-20-2013, 05:05 PM

CoD sell because every pre-teen thinks because the game is so easy it makes them MLG.

Ikagawa
04-20-2013, 05:07 PM
CoD sell because every pre-teen thinks because the game is so easy it makes them MLG.

/eyeroll

Ignorance is bliss.

Fate
04-20-2013, 05:11 PM
/eyeroll

Ignorance is bliss.

Battlefield > CoD

*Flame on*

Regrets
04-20-2013, 05:11 PM
What does this matter?

Well Sally, in the real world, if you don't make money, you go out of business.

If the little MMO that never was, doesn't do well, and all the good little console kiddies don't preteen up and buy a copy, then it's future is doomed.

So, the sales figured I've found are the same ones that the OP found. It's not looking good at all. People bought this game because they THOUGHT and were lead to BELIEVE it was an MMO.

it's the opposite of an MMO and now that people are realizing it, ONLY the console kiddies will stay. The rest will head to back to real gamer land on the PC.

Lupis Volk
04-20-2013, 05:13 PM
/eyeroll

Ignorance is bliss.

fyi i hate CoD and love this game. yes CoD is easy so thats why people buy it. that why games like Defiance and other small genres die on console.

Ikagawa
04-20-2013, 05:13 PM
Battlefield > CoD

*Flame on*

I play them for different things so for me they're equal. Although I prefer both to Halo 4.

Ikagawa
04-20-2013, 05:14 PM
fyi i hate CoD and love this game. yes CoD is easy so thats why people buy it. that why games like Defiance and other small genres die on console.

Your post doesn't make sense because Defiance is easy as hell.

lemieux
04-20-2013, 09:08 PM

LMAO!!!

MLG baby. Woooooo!

Those people make me laugh. They think like pushing a button makes them a multimillion dollar athlete that spends nights with super models and days in a mansion. What a joke and punchline all at the same time.

But if you think the CoD players are bad? Whew! Buddy I have to tell you to check out the Halo people. Easily worse by million times of infinity.

Does not help that 343 Industries now wants to cater to them. It makes Halo officially dead in my eyes now.

Shame because Halo 4 could've been awesome if 343i did not run Halo franchise into the ground.

They are the reason I am playing and loving Defiance. 343i and the way they run their forums drove me away.

WhiteCell
04-20-2013, 09:13 PM
e-sports are truly a crime against humanity.

ExpiredLifetime
04-20-2013, 09:18 PM
Well Sally, in the real world, if you don't make money, you go out of business.

If the little MMO that never was, doesn't do well, and all the good little console kiddies don't preteen up and buy a copy, then it's future is doomed.

So, the sales figured I've found are the same ones that the OP found. It's not looking good at all. People bought this game because they THOUGHT and were lead to BELIEVE it was an MMO.

it's the opposite of an MMO and now that people are realizing it, ONLY the console kiddies will stay. The rest will head to back to real gamer land on the PC.
Actually, I see the console servers dying out before the PC ones. The new consoles come out relatively soon, and PC gamers are notorious for sticking to games that they enjoy.