PDA

View Full Version : What happens to this game after PS4?

Agent T8235
04-20-2013, 06:23 PM
So I am loving this game, and I want to stay for a long time, but when the PS4 comes out, what is going to happen to PS3 servers?

Will we be able to transfer characters?

I realize that it will be a while before PS3 becomes obsolete, but the clock is ticking, and I honestly don't really see myself keeping my PS3 plugged in only for Defiance.

I'm hoping there will be a way to save our hunters to PSN and download them on PS4 (if this game is even released on PS4)

I'm surprised they decided to launch an MMO so close to the PS4 release.
I hate to say this because I love the game, but it seems that this game will have a life of only about 2 years, maybe 3

Joel
04-20-2013, 06:25 PM
If it doesn't run on a ps4 I'll keep my ps3 for it

Dr EveHill
04-20-2013, 06:27 PM
To my understanding you can transfer your psn account to the ps4. Your defiance information is mainly stored on the servers so when you login to defiance on the ps4 your account name is bound to your character. Question is will we be forced to go buy a copy to run on the ps4? Will it be a free digital dl? I hate dl though takes forever.

Jafo
04-20-2013, 06:29 PM
I was wondering the same thing...only on a better console.

given that Neverwinter launches soon, followed by Elder Scrolls online, and I may not even buy next gen. BUT..would still be nice to know. They've already said no backwards compat on both consoles, so that kinda rules out a next gen version. Unless its download only. But then..how do we get ours? How do they know who to release the download to? I'm sure as hell not gonna buy it again.

And if I do buy next gen, its extremely unlikely I'll keep the 360 plugged in for one game. Not unless it gets a WHOLE lot better by then in any case

Agent T8235
04-20-2013, 06:35 PM
To my understanding you can transfer your psn account to the ps4. Your defiance information is mainly stored on the servers so when you login to defiance on the ps4 your account name is bound to your character. Question is will we be forced to go buy a copy to run on the ps4? Will it be a free digital dl? I hate dl though takes forever.

I hope this is the case. As of right now, I would consider buying a new copy of the game for PS4, but only if the content stream begins flowing faster. I'm not complaining, but if I'm going to pay for a new game (which I'm sure will be $70, games increase by $10 every generation) it will need to be worth it.

I think Trion already knows this, I'm dreading the end of the year.
http://i.qkme.me/3qnflc.jpg

Im Lost
04-20-2013, 06:35 PM
This question was asked at the Q&A the other day and they hinted at there being a PS4 version of the game without coming out and confirming it.

Agent T8235
04-20-2013, 06:36 PM
This question was asked at the Q&A the other day and they hinted at there being a PS4 version of the game without coming out and confirming it.

sorry, I searched the forums and didn't find anything

Dr EveHill
04-20-2013, 06:42 PM
Well let's prepare for the worse and we have to go buy a new copy for the ps4, hopefully it will be chalked full of extras like boost and bits to make it worth buying as you get maybe 30 or even 50 dollars worth of goddies?

On another note you can easily purchase on the ps3 digital dl of ps1 and 2 games I am sure that will be carried over so thpse that purchased via psn will be able dl free those of us with hard copies get kinda ruined but like I said if they give us bonus' its ok to go buy a new copy maybe tie a season pass with it or something..

DaMaJaDiZ
04-20-2013, 06:47 PM
Well let's prepare for the worse and we have to go buy a new copy for the ps4, hopefully it will be chalked full of extras like boost and bits to make it worth buying as you get maybe 30 or even 50 dollars worth of goddies?

On another note you can easily purchase on the ps3 digital dl of ps1 and 2 games I am sure that will be carried over so thpse that purchased via psn will be able dl free those of us with hard copies get kinda ruined but like I said if they give us bonus' its ok to go buy a new copy maybe tie a season pass with it or something..

Even PS3 dl games will not be immediately ( if ever) compatible.

Agent T8235
04-20-2013, 06:51 PM

After the first season pass is used for those 5 dlc's, I would consider buying the ps4 version if it came with the second season pass

METALPUNKS
04-20-2013, 07:45 PM
Why does everyone always expect something out everything. I'm sorry but if the game comes out for ps4 I will buy it without hesitation. It has nothing to do with it being out on ps3 and me buying once before. It's not there problem. They shouldn't have to give free boosts or the game for free. Why? It's a whole new console. Just like if you got it on ps3 and decided to get an Xbox. It would be your responsibility to buy it on Xbox, right? Please someone agree with me.

EmoPyroNecrosis
04-20-2013, 07:50 PM
The best way for Trion to work it, is have a bot email all current PSN emails that have active accounts((A live charecter)) a redeem code for the PS4 version, put in a redeem, then the download starts, and if they tie in season pass, no fret, it's a service not a download and services are tied to your SEN account, so presumably all Season Passes will work on the PS4.

theManinBlack
04-20-2013, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by Dr EveHill

After the first season pass is used for those 5 dlc's, I would consider buying the ps4 version if it came with the second season pass

+1
I would buy it again with season pass two bundles into it. As long as my characters transferred and I keep my ego skills inventory etc.