PDA

View Full Version : Lag / Stutter

rezfrog
04-20-2013, 06:23 PM
I bought this game four days ago and I've been having issues with stuttering / lagging since I made the purchase. I'm pretty pissed about these issues... The Beta of Stardrive 4x (a single developer) is more stable than this crap. I've been involved in betas, alphas, etc and the issues I'm experiencing in Defiance should NOT exist beyond a formal release. The only problems I have are with game-play and performance. I have no issues like this except with Trackmania. FIX IT!!! Come on... seriously. Take pride in your release and give us something that isn't a complete piece of ****. I'm about ready to write this title off. Please fix it!!!

I'm not the only person experiencing these issues. Please resolve these issues or forever claim your position as a pathetic excuse of a game designer.

Tayce
04-20-2013, 06:59 PM
I've not had a single stutter and I've played since launch.
I've had maybe 2-3 lagspikes, but that's normal.

There's not an abundance of threads about this issue, which leads me to believe it's something on your end.

ExpiredLifetime
04-20-2013, 08:02 PM
Uh, what? Are you playing on an Intel HD graphics chipset or something?
Update your drivers and check that your card isn't going out, and unpark your CPU cores; this game has such a low hardware requirement that if you're lagging, there's a very good chance it's something wrong on your end.

oops519
04-20-2013, 08:09 PM
I used to get pretty bad stuttering that would make the easiest firefights difficult. The solution that solved the problem for me was setting Defiance.exe to high priority.
1. Bring up the task manager
2. click the "processes" tab.
3. Find Defiance.exe
4. Right click on Defiance.exe
5. Find "set priority"
6. click "high" and you're good to go.

Hopefully that will work for you, as poor performance can be frustrating to deal with indeed.