PDA

View Full Version : is there going to be a roll back?

Drakhan
04-20-2013, 08:44 PM
so since trion dropped the ball on this huge fiasco.

What is going to happen?

Rollback like at the 2nd day of the game that happened?

well I am one of the few I believe where ego rating didn't change at all, so are you going to erase my work without compensating anything back to me?

I dont see any other way to get out of this joke at the moment other than roll back

I was wondering about what you guys were thinking

Hacked
04-20-2013, 08:46 PM
theres always a roll back...for me at least...on everything possible in game..oh and a chance to loose all your weapons and never get them back !! happens more often then you'd think! cheers mare

Commando Barbie
04-20-2013, 08:48 PM
I always have a roll back, so I completely expect it this time since they are resetting the ego boosts people received.

Drakhan
04-20-2013, 09:04 PM
I always have a roll back, so I completely expect it this time since they are resetting the ego boosts people received.

are they gonna reset the boosts? lols yea that totally makes up for everthing *insert sarcasm here*

Korchenko
04-20-2013, 09:06 PM
Well, from what I've heard, no inventories were affected, only EGO and weapon stats. Maybe we get lucky and those are the only things reversed.

Xeex
04-20-2013, 09:12 PM
start us all over at Zero! :D

Rioki
04-20-2013, 09:14 PM
I hope it wont be more then a 1 hour roll back, i spent all day grinding 5000 kills with sniper to unlock assassin tag today do not want to do it again :(

Deiphysity
04-20-2013, 09:14 PM
It wouldnt really hurt much if they just let everyone keep the extra ego. After the first 5 perks.. you don't really gain a whole lot towards your build. A few extra percent here and there.

Deiphysity
04-20-2013, 09:15 PM
There are very few times when I think to myself "Damn, I would have lived if I only had 6% more damage reduction."

BLOODMODE
04-20-2013, 09:18 PM
That's because you're bad.

anastasia
04-20-2013, 09:20 PM
I think if they have to roll back, then they have to roll back. I still had fun playing and will have fun again so they don't owe me (and I only speak for myself) anything. I keep checking my closet and my drawers and none of my loot ever appears to me IRL so I don't really feel cheated by some lost stats. I get that it's frustrating to some, but my real ego isn't at all affected by my EGO score. I plan on playing this game a really long time so I'd even survive a roll all the way back to zero if it happened (although I would expect some lockbox consideration). Don't get me wrong, I don't want that kind of rollback, but I'll still have fun regardless so I'm pretty zen with it all.

Opetyr
04-20-2013, 09:20 PM
That's because you're bad.

Hmm, might mean that he doesn't die that much too. Your bad to need it in the first place.

Drakhan
04-20-2013, 09:32 PM
It wouldnt really hurt much if they just let everyone keep the extra ego.

then where is the diffirence between I (who is 1700 ego ) and that other guy who was 300 and bumped up to 1200?

wingzero2525
04-20-2013, 09:34 PM
yeah I'd rather earn that ego myself

Katosu
04-20-2013, 09:35 PM
I think if they have to roll back, then they have to roll back. I still had fun playing and will have fun again so they don't owe me (and I only speak for myself) anything. I keep checking my closet and my drawers and none of my loot ever appears to me IRL so I don't really feel cheated by some lost stats. I get that it's frustrating to some, but my real ego isn't at all affected by my EGO score. I plan on playing this game a really long time so I'd even survive a roll all the way back to zero if it happened (although I would expect some lockbox consideration). Don't get me wrong, I don't want that kind of rollback, but I'll still have fun regardless so I'm pretty zen with it all.

That's very Zen of you. And I'm glad to see another reasonable response to rollbacks and at least speech that doesn't treat it as garunteed doom-saying. Thank you very much!

Seriously though, I am probably lucky that I stopped playing earlier this evening just because I avoided any negative backlash of server issues. Took care of everything in the morning and came back to play God Mode in the afternoon. I'm sorry to hear people were negatively effected today.

Orson
04-20-2013, 09:40 PM
I'm more worried about it rolling back the bit outfit purchases I made today rather than an ego rollback.

anastasia
04-20-2013, 09:41 PM
That's very Zen of you. And I'm glad to see another reasonable response to rollbacks and at least speech that doesn't treat it as garunteed doom-saying. Thank you very much!

Seriously though, I am probably lucky that I stopped playing earlier this evening just because I avoided any negative backlash of server issues. Took care of everything in the morning and came back to play God Mode in the afternoon. I'm sorry to hear people were negatively effected today.

I totally understand the frustration, but my dad got me into gaming when I was like 9 or 10 when UO came out and after that launch there were multiple roll backs of days and WEEKS. I think that indoctrination helped me build up a tolerance to such things. I sympathize with the frustrations newer gamers feel, but 11-12 years of gaming has made me realize how shtako happens and that rolling with the punches is so much easier than being angry.

Katosu
04-20-2013, 09:45 PM
I totally understand the frustration, but my dad got me into gaming when I was like 9 or 10 when UO came out and after that launch there were multiple roll backs of days and WEEKS. I think that indoctrination helped me build up a tolerance to such things. I sympathize with the frustrations newer gamers feel, but 11-12 years of gaming has made me realize how shtako happens and that rolling with the punches is so much easier than being angry.

Trust me, I know the feeling. FFXI didn't have a ton of major rollbacks (My first big MMO), but when it did, you cried because that was 3 straight hours of EXP grinding + Whatever time you spent LFG straight down the drain. xD

Still, I do think Trion did the right thing by taking down the servers. Hopefully they come out with a statement ASAP and let people know what they are planning. Otherwise, I feel like what seems to be a rumor and conjecture will quickly become a fire of protest.

Bear1968
04-20-2013, 09:45 PM
It wouldnt really hurt much if they just let everyone keep the extra ego. After the first 5 perks.. you don't really gain a whole lot towards your build. A few extra percent here and there.

Are you kidding?????? You really want it handed to you?
I thought an MMOTPS would be different than an MMORPG ... Guess not.
Hello Kitty Island Adventure is offering XP boosts for returning Subs ... Consider that.

Zodson
04-20-2013, 09:47 PM
I would not worry about it too much ... there will be a rollback .... its only a question of how far back :)

rokir
04-20-2013, 09:48 PM
well they be going to rollback at the giant boss event.

so we are not screwd!

Agent09
04-20-2013, 09:53 PM
I hope it wont be more then a 1 hour roll back, i spent all day grinding 5000 kills with sniper to unlock assassin tag today do not want to do it again :(

I worked on my bolt action sniper kills all day today ........

Dirk Dingo
04-20-2013, 10:12 PM

Thank you...finally someone who has it together, I am the same way, roll back...no big deal...i'll just grind again, gives me something to do

Antomus
04-20-2013, 10:16 PM

No. Some of us find joy in the process of earning everything we have. When I logged in I sat in the area everyone seemed to spawn in and made jokes with some other about the situation, intentionally trying not to do anything stupid or progressive until this issue is fixed.

Schwa
04-20-2013, 10:23 PM
I lost 200 ego and had my weapon skills reset. I expect a rollback, and Trion is obligated to provide one if they want to call themselves as much as a B-grade developer.

If that costs the few unbugged players an hour, then so be it. I'd prefer a rollback to target only affected players, but such things are not always possible.

Drakhan
04-20-2013, 10:25 PM
If that costs the few unbugged players an hour, then so be it.

arent you a special kitty?

osena
04-20-2013, 10:44 PM
If there is a roll back i hope they give us something i just started to day frist mmo but i was working on the petel to the metal id hate to have to retry geting gold on those race tracks and covering all that ground and jumps agin

Void Ronin
04-20-2013, 10:47 PM
The only part of a roll back that Trion must compensate for is any Bits (real world cash) spent during the rolled back time frame. Most companies give some form of a mechanical boost to help offset the time investment lost and a few hand out cosmetic items/ titles as an apology. Beyond the Bits, anything is fine so long as the issue actually gets fixed.