PDA

View Full Version : Server Downtime

Ryaad
04-20-2013, 08:44 PM
I don't work for Trion and thus have no ability to speak for what actually is going on but... I doubt the 5 hours is exactly set in stone. I'm not going to be shocked if they have to have them down for even longer than that. Let's face it folks, Trion got blindsided by something that looks fairly serious, they're probably scrambling to figure out what the blazes is going on. They may still be scratching their heads 5 hours from now wondering why things freaked out. So basically if 5 hours from now the server is still down, don't complain and freak out, it'd be just flat out sad to see people complain if the servers aren't up in 5 hours.

Freyar
04-20-2013, 08:49 PM
Because "Full Details" is "Unexpected Maintenance".

Thorne25
04-20-2013, 08:56 PM
Please keep an eye here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?45577-Server-Downtime!-NA-PC-Only-April-20th-at-7-30PM-PT) for any updates!

spudster
04-20-2013, 09:04 PM
agreed I think this game was even more popular then they expected and there just trying to do the best they can to keep up with demand that's my guess but im no techy and lets face it sometime things just go boom hopefully they'll have it fixed soon

Freyar
04-20-2013, 09:07 PM
agreed I think this game was even more popular then they expected and there just trying to do the best they can to keep up with demand that's my guess but im no techy and lets face it sometime things just go boom hopefully they'll have it fixed soon

If you know what caused the sudden pull of the servers, you'd be rolling your eyes at it. There are somethings that just shouldn't fail in a release environment for an MMO. Messed up Character Data (on a scale this large) shouldn't happen.

OverDoneOne
04-20-2013, 09:10 PM
If you know what caused the sudden pull of the servers, you'd be rolling your eyes at it. There are something that just shouldn't fail in a release environment for an MMO. Messed up Character Data (on a scale this large) shouldn't happen.

Are you kidding me,, these are trion's trained professionals or perhaps just a bunch of programing 101 rejects

Castiel Krios
04-20-2013, 09:11 PM
arrgh well 5hr downtime does blow but if there are some serious problems going on(was at work all day and came home to find servers were down so I didn't personally experience any problems yet) then im glad they are working on solutions for them though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bummed out that we can't play.

Tallan
04-20-2013, 09:41 PM
every time a new game comes out, it has problems at launch...EVERY TIME! at least it isn't as bad as Matrix Online...everyone needs a chill pill...it's not like we won't be compensated...they've been pretty good at taking care of us...i won't mind another week of exp boost at all..

Ryaad
04-20-2013, 11:08 PM
Yeah my money is on us getting boosts or a free lockbox... *cough* or that orange disruptor SAW I've been wanting....