PDA

View Full Version : What will you do with your 5 hours?

Beta
04-20-2013, 08:46 PM
What will you do while the servers are down?! (NA PC)

Eat?
Shower?
Planetside 2?
******?

happy 420

Notturno
04-20-2013, 08:53 PM

Eat?
Shower?
Planetside 2?
******?

happy 420

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRnNRMmHCFo

#swag

WhiteCell
04-20-2013, 08:55 PM
Sometimes I fart into ziplock bags.

Rend
04-20-2013, 08:56 PM

#swag

Yeah, I have no idea wtf I just watched, but thx for the unexpected entertainment :)

Rasczak
04-20-2013, 08:57 PM
Bite the bullet and reinstall The Secret World.

I'll play this with the three family members that bought into it with me, but otherwise--- their team seriously needs to get its act together.

Schwa
04-20-2013, 08:59 PM
I will make glorious chocolate waffles.

Ultralord
04-20-2013, 09:03 PM
Visit a certain tube site that is red. If ya know what I mean...

Sneakerz
04-20-2013, 09:04 PM
I plan to lurk on the forums, cuz I really have nothing better to do. No point going to the bar when it'll close shortly after I get there.

hawsman2
04-20-2013, 09:05 PM
Get caught up on my Game of Thrones. I'm just catching up in the books to where the TV series is, and I want to keep reading and get past it so I can spoil my damn self when I watch on Sunday

Ikagawa
04-20-2013, 09:06 PM
Going to fire up Netflix and watch How I Met Your Mother season 7 while I drift off to sleep. I have to drive up to L.A. tomorrow so I'll have to be up a bit early for that.

Daholic
04-20-2013, 09:08 PM
spend that time finding a decent review for the game, i feel like being lied to!

Schwa
04-20-2013, 09:09 PM
spend that time finding a decent review for the game, i feel like being lied to!

Yes, yes, scour the interwebs for the sake of confirmation bias! Search high and low for a review that doesn't mention downtime and bugs, because all MMOs have crushing save issues three weeks after launch!

Gradius
04-20-2013, 09:10 PM
I'm checking out that new series on Netflix, Hemlock Grove. Looks pretty cool.

Dark Madness
04-20-2013, 09:10 PM
420 and TV DVR catch up on recorded shows time! :(
(Would rather be playing)

Sneakerz
04-20-2013, 09:11 PM
Yes, yes, scour the interwebs for the sake of confirmation bias! Search high and low for a review that doesn't mention downtime and bugs, because all MMOs have crushing save issues three weeks after launch!

I take it you haven't played Simcity 2013 yet.....

Teizar
.....remind my self why im putting up with this BS from TRION (oh yea got me for $99) who ... IMO seem to be just trolling people an setting the stage of garbage just so when Destiny from bungie shows up we will all die in amazement an let them have the torch of making the first true FPS explore adventure game (or they knew they couldn't compete with them so made a game that will last a year at best use the money to make the show better any way makes more sense)

Schwa
I take it you haven't played Simcity 2013 yet.....

Irony: EA claims that is an MMO.

It's not.

Gradius
04-20-2013, 09:12 PM

It's not.

Sure it is! it's just not an MMORPG.

Schwa
04-20-2013, 09:13 PM
I have to say, all of this should make monday's livestream delicious if they just softball questions again.

Schwa
04-20-2013, 09:13 PM
Sure it is! it's just not an MMORPG.

Okay. Everything's an MMO if it just connects to the internet, then. Yay. Everyone gets a gold star.

Sneakerz
04-20-2013, 09:14 PM

It's not.

Oh I know it's not, I just wanted to get some EA bashing going on instead of Trion bashing :)

nWp
04-20-2013, 09:14 PM

It's not.

EA still exists?! I thought they gave up after they got voted Worst Company in America for the 2ed year in a row, beating out Exxon Mobile for the title even after that horrible spill in Arkansas.

Neziah
04-20-2013, 09:15 PM
Picked a bad night to start playing my newest game.... ><

:cool:

Freyar
04-20-2013, 09:15 PM
http://consumerist.com/2013/04/09/ea-makes-worst-company-in-america-history-wins-title-for-second-year-in-a-row/

Rakshasa
04-20-2013, 09:18 PM

Eat?
Shower?
Planetside 2?
******?

happy 420

Oh hey, I remember showering... good times...

Actually my DVR has 0% remaining. I should really do something about that, before Game of Thrones comes on.

Panthan
04-20-2013, 09:19 PM

Eat?
Shower?
Planetside 2?
******?

happy 420

Same thing I do every night pinky, Ill try to take over the world.

Skeptic
04-20-2013, 09:22 PM
can I just cry a little bit I would watch tv with the kid but he is watching some freaky Alice in Wonderland and that stupid cat always gives me the worst nightmares. Only thing worse than cheshire cat is the flying monkeys from Wizard of Oz.

Dirk Dingo
04-20-2013, 09:23 PM
I'm Just going to look through threads for a while and laugh at the people complaining about everything that is wrong with the game...I mean heaven forbid the game has glitches and bugs in its first month...GASP....I mean WAHHHH!!! So, yeah, just getting my kicks reading rage posts lol.

Panthan
04-20-2013, 09:27 PM
I'm Just going to look through threads for a while and laugh at the people complaining about everything that is wrong with the game...I mean heaven forbid the game has glitches and bugs in its first month...GASP....I mean WAHHHH!!! So, yeah, just getting my kicks reading rage posts lol.

Look at it this way.. it still beats Twilight.

Valethar
04-20-2013, 09:28 PM
Watching The Last Samurai on AMC. May fire up Saint's Row 3 or Crysis 3 while I'm waiting.

Hmm.. guess now is a good time to go brew another pot of tea to make iced tea with too. Maybe scrounge some food.

Oh the possibilities!

Dirk Dingo
04-20-2013, 09:33 PM
yeppers, I had my fill of that damn series from my daughter, someone shoot me NAOW lol

K A S H I H A R A D
04-20-2013, 09:37 PM
I'm working through the first season of Highlander and then plan to sleep later.

Wraieth
04-20-2013, 09:39 PM

Eat?
Shower?
Planetside 2?
******?

happy 420

Heh heh heh my wife i hope

GeneralTechnique
04-20-2013, 09:41 PM
Watching The Last Samurai on AMC. May fire up Saint's Row 3 or Crysis 3 while I'm waiting.

Hmm.. guess now is a good time to go brew another pot of tea to make iced tea with too. Maybe scrounge some food.

Oh the possibilities!

Thanks for reminding me that I even own Saint's Row 3. Bought it in a steam sale a while ago and just totatlly forgot that I owned it until right now.
Heck, while I'm at it, I have this weird feeling that I might have bought Crysis 3 last December... and never played it.

I think the combination of digital game sales + a fulltime job + way too much disposable income, is leading to me doing something I thought I'd never purposefully do....... "waste" money on video games :(

Agent09
04-20-2013, 10:48 PM
Sometimes I fart into ziplock bags.

that was..... AWESOME!

Gib
04-20-2013, 10:51 PM
I will be partaking in jolly cooperation in Dark Souls. Praise the Sun!

Rasczak
04-20-2013, 11:16 PM

It's not.

EA also claimed that SWTOR was a success, and only went F2P because the consumers no longer support subscription MMOs and they were conforming to the new industry standard.

I think Blizzard and Trion would like a word with them about support for subscriptions.

Revolution 1776
04-20-2013, 11:19 PM

#swag

I remember getting that game for like my 13th birthday. S*** was awesome back then.

RelativeBlue
04-20-2013, 11:22 PM
I knew I shouldn't have come home! There's no point being home if the server down!

Arcuatio
04-20-2013, 11:24 PM
TV
Firefall

Beta
04-20-2013, 11:28 PM
well, I changed the oil in my daytona... servers still down guess ill jump on the Hemlock Grove wagon

Catyra
04-20-2013, 11:42 PM
Sigh.. most of the time the servers were down, I was at work fixing other people's servers.

Freyar
04-20-2013, 11:55 PM
well, I changed the oil in my daytona... servers still down guess ill jump on the Hemlock Grove wagon

Cringe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1WlBBVPMJo

Punkin
04-20-2013, 11:55 PM
So far watched a national geographic documentary on eating people, and Riki-Oh with the girlfriend. Only 1 hour left to go!

SmilinBob
04-21-2013, 12:28 AM
Welp, since I couldn't play Defiance I did my best to re-enact it:

I went to the local gun shop, and stared in silence at the wide array of guns available. After a few moments, I muttered "Same old crap" and did a somersault away from the counter and walked out.

I performed consecutive somersaults and jumped over random objects in my way as I attempted to remember where I put my Roller. Assuming it de-spawned I attempted to join up with a group of fellow Ark Hunters to catch a ride and find something to do while the server was down. I attempted to cyber with one of them as he was playing a rather attractive female character. Apparently he didn't like being referred to as a he, insisting he was a woman. His buddy, who insisted on being called the other dudes husband, said that I should probably get out.

I did so, these guys were lame, I found myself at the outskirts of a wide open field, and a saw a loan rancher dressed in white clothes and a netted hood. He was apparently trying to coral a bunch of miniature swarmlings. So I did what any smart Ark Hunter would do, I crouch walked (Really freaking hard to do IRL btw!) and lacking a proper fire arm picked up a stick and attempted to melee the miniature swarmlings.

The rancher was unusually angry with me and threatened to call the authorities. I utilized my EGO and called for back up and before too long another attractive female character showed up in a roller, screaming at me to get in. I became acutely aware of the numerous wounds I received from the miniature swarmlings, and agreed to let my buddy drive me home.

thewoozle
04-21-2013, 12:36 AM
5 hours... not up...
Ya Know, I'm betting that as much as we hate the down time, I bet that there are techs and/or programmers that are hating it ten times as much as we are. 'emergency maintenance' on a Saturday night implies overtime and just a little hate so please, remember that we players aren't the only ones not in bed... but at least we do it by choice.

Arsenic_Touch
04-21-2013, 12:52 AM
Watch adult swim with my old lady laying next to me with my dogs laying behind me. Same thing I do every Saturday night when we don't go out.

Got off work at noon, slept til like 5 pm. Spent the afternoon into the evening making beer battered boneless chicken breasts, sweet yellow cornbread and sweet potato fries and spent the evening with the old lady stuffing my face and washing it down with a 12 pack of yuengling traditional lager.

JackOfCross
04-21-2013, 01:18 AM
Been watching WWE Monday night RAW and Smackdown rerun... i used to hate this now i love it..
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME TRION!?
WHAT. HAVE. YOU. DONE!?

Freyar
04-21-2013, 01:20 AM
Been watching WWE Monday night RAW and Smackdown rerun... i used to hate this now i love it..
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME TRION!?
WHAT. HAVE. YOU. DONE!?

SCIENCE! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLb5zZxiLls)
10char