PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notices

Dirtyshadow
04-20-2013, 09:46 PM
Regarding
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?45577-Server-Downtime!-NA-PC-Only-April-20th-at-7-30PM-PT!

My issues with this notice are as follows... I started the game
1) There is no server status green/red symbol on the launcher (common to some games)
2) There is no message on the launcher
3) Once the game starts up, it tells me it cant connect "retry / quit"... again no message telling me the servers are dileberatly up or down

Only after digging around on the websites, I find a vague link on the Official Website linking to the forum, and another "twit" linking me again to here. I shouldnt have to dig around trying to find out whats wrong, it should be the first message I see on the launcher or in the game if it fails to connect.

Once I get here, the vaguest of messages saying 5 hours from 7:30 PDT
4) Not everyone lives in, or knows what PDT time is... please include a link to a worldclock link or include multiple time zone measures like "UTC / GMT" it helps.

Valethar
04-20-2013, 09:54 PM
4) not everyone lives in, or knows what pdt time is... Please include a link to a worldclock link or include multiple time zone measures like "utc / gmt" it helps.

pdt = -7
pst = -8

Colteran
04-20-2013, 09:55 PM
While most of your points I can agree upon (having more status updates on the game's launcher, for example) they should not have to link a world clock. Education and Google exists for a reason.

Dirtyshadow
04-20-2013, 10:19 PM
It would be far more convenient if they went the little bit extra and did it.
When giving people bad news, its better to go out of your way and give them all the information they need quickly and easily... I shouldnt need to have to search for the answers myself to find out how @&#^ up the servers are.

Era
04-20-2013, 10:22 PM
Use the twitter like everyone else.

DeMoted
04-20-2013, 10:25 PM
Defiance server status...

Colteran
04-20-2013, 10:46 PM
It would be far more convenient if they went the little bit extra and did it.
When giving people bad news, its better to go out of your way and give them all the information they need quickly and easily... I shouldnt need to have to search for the answers myself to find out how @&#^ up the servers are.

Wasn't arguing about the lack of communication of server status, but they do not need to provide you a list of different time zones. That is widely known knowledge/ something you can Google if you are THAT concerned. Company to customer information about server status is one request, but your concern about time zones are another. Silly request like that are an exact reason why people today don't know anything because common ground information is expected to be spoon feed instead of doing research themselves.