PDA

View Full Version : Make Guns take longer to level up...

Xaven
04-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Its really annoying I have to run around with 5-7 different Assault Rifles, Combat Shotguns and Snipers so I can level up my skill in these weapon types. The purples I have do me no good to use since I get no exp in that weapon type since I maxed them out in like an hour of gameplay each.

Some people like this method of needing to CONSTANTLY swap weapons you worked hard to mod out because they give you NO experience so at least make it so it takes me longer than an hour to completely max out a weapon so I dont have to swap so freakishly often.

Alcohol Fueled Brewtality
04-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Since there are no benefits, only downsides, to leveling a gun up they might as well remove it entirely in my opinion.

WhiteCell
04-20-2013, 09:58 PM
Since there are no benefits, only downsides, to leveling a gun up they might as well remove it entirely in my opinion.

What?

Without guns losing their worth there would be literally no reason for loot in this game. The passive benefits for increase weapon skills make leveling weapons worth it. What truly isn't worth it are mods on weapons because it's not significant enough to justify the time or game credits required.

04-20-2013, 10:02 PM
Only if you have maxed a weapon skill. Only then is there some form of benefit.

Arsenic_Touch
04-20-2013, 10:09 PM
They should add multiple levels to the guns themselves like the skill levels for gun types with a bonus every time it levels up. That way you can keep your favorite gun and actually feel like you're getting stronger while maintaining balance.

They also need to increase the cap on individual skill levels.

JBoneFX
04-20-2013, 10:11 PM
yeah I grow tired of having to switch weapons twice a day myself...

Philip017
04-20-2013, 10:14 PM
its just like the guns wearing out in fall*out, instead of having the ability to "maintain" the weapon, you have to trash it for another once it "wears out"

04-20-2013, 10:17 PM
its just like the guns wearing out in fall*out, instead of having the ability to "maintain" the weapon, you have to trash it for another once it "wears out"

Except the don't "wear out". They are actually "improving"!

lol

Xaven
04-20-2013, 10:46 PM
Except the don't "wear out". They are actually "improving"!

lol

Haha yeah thats the thing... your like Sweet I just leveled this weapon all the way!! Now I can trash it.