PDA

View Full Version : Sniper Help?

Pheonix580
04-20-2013, 11:39 PM
I was told there was a scope you could put on the bolt action sniper to make it easier to snipe and it locks on to targets. Anybody know what the scope is?

Rastan
04-20-2013, 11:40 PM
I don't know of a cope like that. There are some claen scopes in the game. My best advice is for headshots go for the chin. The hitbox seems more centered there then the top of the head area

Era
04-20-2013, 11:42 PM
I don't know of a cope like that. There are some claen scopes in the game. My best advice is for headshots go for the chin. The hitbox seems more centered there then the top of the head area

No, some enemies have a hitbox that is face only and some have their whole head exposed. You haven't noticed that enemies like the Hulker are invulnerable when shot in the helmet or missile belt?

RelativeBlue
04-20-2013, 11:54 PM
I have not seen a scope that locks on. Though there is a scope that improves accuracy on moving targets.

Kublakhan
04-21-2013, 12:02 AM
to have a scope that locks on,you would have to have "smart ammo" that followed the site line of the scope,pretty sure that is not in game and hope it never is lol

ExpiredLifetime
04-21-2013, 12:05 AM
There are no "lock on" scopes for anything other than guided rocket launchers.
And currently, attaching a + accuracy scope to any weapon will make it less accurate due to the way things are coded. You want to look for -0.X accuracy to actually improve things.
No, I'm not trolling. Feel free to test it if you don't believe me.

Rastan
04-21-2013, 12:08 AM
No, some enemies have a hitbox that is face only and some have their whole head exposed. You haven't noticed that enemies like the Hulker are invulnerable when shot in the helmet or missile belt?

nope I found those to be pretty good spots. the missle belt yielded more damage for me

Skydive
04-21-2013, 12:14 AM
The only thing that locks on to the target is one type of rocket launchers. It will actually signal if you have a target lock. Can't remember the name but its only one type of many rocket launchers. Although infectors auto-home in on their targets it doesnt exactly target lock in the way the OP Is talking about.

I think the person telling him about the scope may have the rocket lock-on confused with the scope for a sniper rifle