PDA

View Full Version : I challenge you Trion

lordrain1922
04-21-2013, 02:59 AM
Anyone who follows shooters closely knows Destiny has been in the works for awhile and is shaping up to be a pretty awesome Shooter MMO with a strong class based system 100% open world with a great and intriguing storyline. With that being said Trion I challenge you to make a better game then what Destiny will be. I want something I don't want to walk away from something that pulls me in with solid game play both solo and multiplayer as well as a smooth running game. So what so you say Trion up for the challenge? I would love to see you take it seriously and do a great job. I'm not saying to game is broken now but it is far from the standards I think alot of folks expected as well as what you set forth from your own expectations. Don't let me, the gamer community, or yourselves down please!!!!!

carpesangrea
04-21-2013, 03:00 AM
and the pointless thread of the day award goes to...

BrutikusIV
04-21-2013, 03:02 AM
Well tar me and put chicken feathers all over me. You didn't even /throwdown gauntlet.. How you expect em to be serious if you don't /throwdown gauntlet ?

Schwa
04-21-2013, 03:03 AM
Destiny is hot air until I see gameplay. They launched preorders with three bits of concept art; I don't have a high opinion of that project right now. Absolutely tasteless.

Slooty
04-21-2013, 03:04 AM
Well tar me and put chicken feathers all over me. You didn't even /throwdown gauntlet.. How you expect em to be serious if you don't /throwdown gauntlet ?

It's all about the glove slap. No glove slap = no challenge.

Disarmonia
04-21-2013, 03:05 AM
This is a good example of why Defiance would have been better if it didn't reach out to consoles. Console players will just jump at the next big thing.

Harsk
04-21-2013, 03:10 AM
Just the name "Destiny" makes it sound lame.

Lollie
04-21-2013, 03:11 AM
This is a good example of why Defiance would have been better if it didn't reach out to consoles. Console players will just jump at the next big thing.

Exactly. I re-purpose this thread, it is now a thread about rightclick context menus for the PC.

twitch reflex
04-21-2013, 03:12 AM
You haven't been following it very well its not even an MMO and however intriguing their story might be its not better than having a show that ties in. The release dates are to far apart for it to be direct competition. Trion is in competition with every game's that makes you spend money and time in another game.

Lollie
04-21-2013, 03:13 AM
http://www.bluebottlegames.com/img/screenshots/screenshot-2012-11-07.png

IIFatalshockII
04-21-2013, 03:24 AM

Ugh. Yet another obnoxious PC prat.

Earthlust
04-21-2013, 03:24 AM
I wish Destiny were coming out on PC. =( It would be generous to say I'm "average" at FPSes with controllers. Maybe too generous.

Disarmonia
04-21-2013, 03:26 AM
Ugh. Yet another obnoxious PC prat.

And proud of it.

IIFatalshockII
04-21-2013, 03:30 AM
And proud of it.

Clearly. One person is drooling over Destiny and you think all console players shouldn't have Defiance. I have no patience for your type, I really don't. You give PC gaming a bad name. Go do one.

Warkaiser
04-21-2013, 03:30 AM
Love these types of threads.

Rather than tear the whole thing apart Ill keep it simple.... What is so great and intriguing about the storyline, which surely you have already experienced to know that it is great and intriguing?

Oh. You mean the storyline that they said is "great and intriguing", since they surely would come out and tell you "Our story is pretty dull and cliche" if that were the case.

Disarmonia
04-21-2013, 03:32 AM
Clearly. One person is drooling over Destiny and you think all console players shouldn't have Defiance. I have no patience for your type, I really don't. You give PC gaming a bad name. Go do one.

Oh quit being so daft.

I never said console players shouldn't have defiance I stated that Defiance would be better if it didn't branch out to consoles, which is my personal opinion. There's a difference, a small difference but a difference none the less.

BioHunter
04-21-2013, 03:33 AM

Putting on my silver, tin-foiled, conspiracy hat here: But, maybe that's the purpose?

Now, stay with my line of thinking and the possible SyFy-icleulous way of dealing with TV shows. I know Trion has stated (and rightfully) the game can be continued independently from the TV show. But really, TV shows and even this event, I see some "tricks" involved in the inter-synchronicity of both the show and the MMO. When you think about it (and know the short-cuts of production) you have to wonder. Even though time and money have been spent and I am sure this game will outlast even the TV show (and no, I am not slamming the show but general NBC/SyFy-ridicule practices)...this game seems like "popcorn".

Mind you, I am enjoying my "popcorn" in this instance, but I can't quite help but feel that the folks behind this will grab their money, so to speak, and not worry too much about any long-term commitment to the game: That's on Trion's shoulders. I do sorta see some "obsolescence" sorta built-in...or at least accounted for. Of course, if the show continues to draw in more audience, more may try out the game as time goes by. The show will serve as an ad for the game.

But yeah...long-term? That's tricky. While this could turn into a 10-year + MMO, it could easily be pulled before that, but that's up to player population/interest. Again, while I am currently enjoying and focused on this game, I admit I've been a wanderer for longer than many folks considered it of moving to a "new game": I go where the games are. I can see myself returning here, but eventually a "new shiny" will draw me away of even an "old standard" and that could be an offline or an online game.

IIFatalshockII
04-21-2013, 03:39 AM

Oh quit being so daft.

I never said console players shouldn't have defiance I stated that Defiance would be better if it didn't branch out to consoles, which is my personal opinion. There's a difference, a small difference but a difference none the less.

Sure about that mate? Because looking at the two posts one on top of the other, it seems to contradict itself. Better if it didn't branch out to console and Console players will just jump to the next game sound like two different concepts to me.

Disarmonia
04-21-2013, 03:46 AM
Sure about that mate? Because looking at the two posts one on top of the other, it seems to contradict itself. Better if it didn't branch out to console and Console players will just jump to the next game sound like two different concepts to me.

Consoles are regularly used by a more casual audience. Because there cheaper and don't require constant upgrading to play each new thing. By saying that I think defiance would have been better if it didn't branch out to consoles is a generalization. Console players are less likely to stick with something because new titles come out on a more regular basis and industries and realizing this and thus games are now usually just ported over to PC because companies realized they make more profit from console gamers who move onto new things regularly.

Defiance would have been a better game if they hadn't had to spread there budget over releasing on three platforms that's not hard to see. But it doesn't mean it was a bad decision in general it's just a distasteful one to me, and I expressed that opinion because the thread indicates the exact behavior I said above.

Xyr3s
04-21-2013, 04:12 AM
afaik bungee is making destiny with blizzard in the mix as well yea??? as much as i hate blizzard for diablo 3 and the fact they about just grabbing money now.... i still respect them for actually putting out revolutionary games :) ( used to be a blizz fan boy till like 3 years after wow was released and then i just dropped them once and for all when i found out starcraft 2 was cmng as 3 diff games lol.... diablo 3 was just adding insult to injury :'( )

SO i am thinking... that destiny might be really really expensive???? AND it has the potential to actually be a good game.... i mean come one.... the makers of halo, starcraft, diablo2 and warcraft? :p

Atticus Finch
04-21-2013, 04:15 AM
and the pointless thread of the day award goes to...

Why is this pointless? Would you rather see another whiner thread?

twitch reflex
04-21-2013, 04:17 AM
I honestly think pc is better than console however Trion is a business and console sells are way higher than pc sell. So them balancing their budget for consoles is not even close to being a bad idea. I don't think its true that console players will spend less time or money on the game and that's good for the future. I used to be a console player and most of my friends still are and we did stick to certain games even if new ones came out. I still play shadowrun on the Xbox.

Atticus Finch
04-21-2013, 04:18 AM
Oh quit being so daft.

I've always maintained that Defiance would have less whiners and complainers if it didn't go to PC

Disarmonia
04-21-2013, 04:19 AM
I've always maintained that Defiance would have less whiners and complainers if it didn't go to PC

This is probably true.

GeneralTechnique
04-21-2013, 04:22 AM
Anyone who follows shooters closely knows Destiny has been in the works for awhile and is shaping up to be a pretty awesome Shooter MMO with a strong class based system 100% open world with a great and intriguing storyline. With that being said Trion I challenge you to make a better game then what Destiny will be. I want something I don't want to walk away from something that pulls me in with solid game play both solo and multiplayer as well as a smooth running game. So what so you say Trion up for the challenge? I would love to see you take it seriously and do a great job. I'm not saying to game is broken now but it is far from the standards I think alot of folks expected as well as what you set forth from your own expectations. Don't let me, the gamer community, or yourselves down please!!!!!

Destiny is no real threat to Trion or Defiance. Their cards will have all BEEN laid out on the table loooong before Destiny is ever released.

Now, Firefall and Red5 on the other hand.........
Lets just say that, if Red5 hadn't decided to send(rush) Firefall into an open beta release this coming June and instead decided to wait until towards the end of the year for that.... I'd have already given the game a final "ridden off"
As it stands, Firefall's slow development and direction has already allowed Defiance's release to deal it a critical blow. Hopefully, this NEW June release of the open beta will help it salvage some of it's future potential as an industry leading/groundbreaking title.... because Destiny would have dealt it a blow about 100x more powerful than Defiance ever could have.

BrutikusIV
04-21-2013, 04:32 AM

If it hadn't been balanced and limited to console restrictions it could have been sooooo much better... Than again they should have turned out an entirely diferent 'built for pc' version. Loadout bindings, better graphics,ALOT more customizable UI with scaling, the list could go on and on. PC people whine cause we like Bugatti and Pagani but alas get thrown down amongst the 1978 saabs and ford fiesta crowds who complain their fps studders and locks when you get 200 players around when a decent pc is just gettin warmed up. Consoles have come a LONG way and nextgen is actually looking quite impressive but alas until they go in the proper direction of quick change upgradeable they're likely to remain a half decade in the past most of the time.

Warkaiser
04-21-2013, 04:38 AM
afaik bungee is making destiny with blizzard in the mix as well yea??? as much as i hate blizzard for diablo 3 and the fact they about just grabbing money now.... i still respect them for actually putting out revolutionary games :) ( used to be a blizz fan boy till like 3 years after wow was released and then i just dropped them once and for all when i found out starcraft 2 was cmng as 3 diff games lol.... diablo 3 was just adding insult to injury :'( )

SO i am thinking... that destiny might be really really expensive???? AND it has the potential to actually be a good game.... i mean come one.... the makers of halo, starcraft, diablo2 and warcraft? :p

Keep in mind, practically none of the team that actually created Diablo, Starcraft, and the Warcraft series (not WoW) are around anymore. Theyve moved onto other companies & games, like Flagship Studios (Hellgate), Runic Games (Torchlight), and several of them created Arenanet.

Kind of explains what happened with Diablo 3... If the pairing with Blizzard is true, you can likely expect more of that rather than the awesomeness of their past games.

Xyr3s
04-21-2013, 07:19 AM
yea i know the old teams have moved on which is a pity lol.... also defiance hasnt dealt any blow to firefall...

have u seen the fire fall spectator system for pvp???? red5 is gearing firefall up as an esport game... that is imo their true ambition... fire fall uses a horizontal lvling system like defiance btw... but afaik firefall has a slight gear progression system with their crafting... and firefall is freaking fun :D as much fun as defiance is tbh ^^ and firefall has had their closed beta for ages now and open beta is yet to come.... which is a good thing... more people play the beta, more time red5 has to fix major bugs and do overhauls if needed unlike some other company i know :p.... they did a complete gameplay overhaul of firefall a couple months back after getting player feedback.... i see good things in red5's future.

in trion's defence tho... like EA rushed swtor, trion had to rush defiance cos of the tv series. so not completely trion's fault wither :) just sayin :p