PDA

View Full Version : Once you level a weapon up should you stay with that weapon?

sub
04-21-2013, 04:45 AM
Just wondering? If you max a weapon out should you stay using that weapon since it does the most damage? Or, should you try to max out another weapon?

Kristensen
04-21-2013, 04:47 AM
You have to change weapon out, as you only get progression towards weapon skill when the weapon aren't maxed out on xp.

Mladenov
04-21-2013, 04:47 AM
No, if you max your weapon's exp you stop getting exp for the passive.

sub
04-21-2013, 04:50 AM
So, if I max out my assault rifle I will never be able to get xp for kills with that weapon?

Mladenov
04-21-2013, 04:52 AM
you will get exp from killing with the weapon.
but you have passive stats wich increases when you get exp.
Check your char's tab and you can see there are passives for each type of gun (and vehicles) in the game.
So if you max your current weapon's exp you stop getting exp for passives...

Dwane
04-21-2013, 04:53 AM
So, if I max out my assault rifle I will never be able to get xp for kills with that weapon?

Thats not what we mean. There are weapon skills, which cant progress with maxed weapon.

Alcohol Fueled Brewtality
04-21-2013, 04:55 AM
1. There is a "weapon level" that is individual per gun.
2. There is a "weapon skill" that applies to all guns of that category, i.e Pump Shotguns.
3. Once you level up a gun's "weapon level", that weapon will no longer give you exp towards its corresponding "weapon skill".

sub
04-21-2013, 05:01 AM
I think I get it. I know it will take some time but when all weapons get maxed then you will no longer get exp? Is exp; earned experience? Or does it stand for something else. Sorry, new to some abbreviations.

Evan Shaw
04-21-2013, 05:12 AM
Just wondering? If you max a weapon out should you stay using that weapon since it does the most damage? Or, should you try to max out another weapon?

Ok some of the others have answered one possible answer if they are understanding your question. When you say Level a Weapon up. Are you talking say your Assault Rifles skill? Or Just That 1 Assault Rifle?. In The First one I would say keep it in a Side Loadout and start working on another Weapon Skills. In the 2nd Case. like the others have said. Once a Weapons XP Pool fills up you no longer continue to gain XP in the Skill. for example I'm on like my 5th Assault Rifle and 5th Pistol . ( Do Keep the Best one of the bunch and scrap the rest XP or Not. Awesome S.M.A. weapons.)

Maeson
04-21-2013, 05:19 AM
To quote right from the game's Help section located under Intel.

Weapon Skill: Each weapon is associated with a particular weapon skill. Every time an arc hunter uses a weapon, they are rewarded some skill points to the appropriate skill. As players earn skill points, their weapon skill will improve granting bonuses to all weapons associated with that skill.

Weapon Mastery: Each weapon can be mastered by using it. Once a weapon is mastered, a new effect will unlock, but the weapon can no longer be used to earn weapon experience. (for Weapon Skill)

What this means is that there's a separate "experience" for your EGO, your weapon skill and your weapon mastery. You will earn EGO regardless if the weapon is Mastered or not.

Lets say you use a VOT Pulser. The pulser is tied to the SMG weapon skill. Once you master that pulser, you stop improving your SMG weapon skill.
You can level up a weapon mastery only once, but a weapon skill can be leveled up to 20.

My personal suggestion is if you are working on used a particular weapon type as your main (for example for PvP too) keep that gun, mod it. But use it on any one of your unlocked loadout slots.

AbsoluteDeicide
04-21-2013, 05:47 AM
Once a gun is maxed on XP, switch to a different gun in the same category to continue progressing until you max out that weapon class' skill. If you're in love with a gun for whatever reason, you can always hang onto it and use it later.

sub
04-21-2013, 09:45 AM
Got it! Thanks for all who responded and your time.