PDA

View Full Version : Trion Please do Something!

Rancid
04-21-2013, 05:47 AM
The lag post-patch has gotten to ridiculous levels. Ark Falls are just foolish, degenerating into a slide show rather quickly. Please do something to address the lag in this game. I am hooked and really love the game but the lag is killing it.

JD nutz
04-21-2013, 05:51 AM
The lag post-patch has gotten to ridiculous levels. Ark Falls are just foolish, degenerating into a slide show rather quickly. Please do something to address the lag in this game. I am hooked and really love the game but the lag is killing it.

maybe you should check your internet first, there is a fair few bugs in this game but i dont think lags a major problem, well not for me anyway.

Krayz1e
04-21-2013, 05:55 AM
maybe you should check your internet first, there is a fair few bugs in this game but i dont think lags a major problem, well not for me anyway.

agreed. no lag here

Rancid
04-21-2013, 05:55 AM
I dont believe it is on my end because before the patch it was not an issue, but after the patch it is....just saying.

Grant Hammond
04-21-2013, 06:17 AM
No lag from the game, unless I'm on the I pad and even then that's my net, may be yours.

Rancid
04-21-2013, 06:23 AM
its a wierd sort of lag too...all the players including myself move normaly in general but the world and the mobs are what are lagging way behind.

Rancid
04-21-2013, 06:28 AM
Here is a question for all.

The only other thing that has changed for me besides the patches is that I had to get a new router. I set up the new router with the ports forwarded and it is in the DMZ so all is good. The question is.....If your XBox is on a wired connection does it matter what you use for a router? Like I know if you go wireless the more expensive routers are faster, but if it is wired it whouldnt metter if its a cheap router or an expensive one should it? I mean a 10/100 port is a 10/100 port right?

Keltic Rage
04-21-2013, 06:29 AM
I dont believe it is on my end because before the patch it was not an issue, but after the patch it is....just saying.

Oh, well.... a bunch of people just said they're not having any problems. At a certain point, you just have to realize that maybe it's you that's the problem.

JD nutz
04-21-2013, 07:21 AM
Here is a question for all.

The only other thing that has changed for me besides the patches is that I had to get a new router. I set up the new router with the ports forwarded and it is in the DMZ so all is good. The question is.....If your XBox is on a wired connection does it matter what you use for a router? Like I know if you go wireless the more expensive routers are faster, but if it is wired it whouldnt metter if its a cheap router or an expensive one should it? I mean a 10/100 port is a 10/100 port right?

I think this is your problem, you have a new router, so depending on the make you need to set it up right, also you should use DMZ OR port forwarding, i think if your using both they can conflict, and make a static IP for your xbox. I always use wired but not sure if wireless would be better nowadays.

DavetheReaper
04-21-2013, 07:24 AM
Since the patch been having problems I arrive at an Arkfall and can't get off my quad even if I drive around I can't kill the bugs

MstrJedi_Kyle
04-21-2013, 07:35 AM
When was the last time you cleared your system cache?

Rancid
04-21-2013, 07:44 AM
I think this is your problem, you have a new router, so depending on the make you need to set it up right, also you should use DMZ OR port forwarding, i think if your using both they can conflict, and make a static IP for your xbox. I always use wired but not sure if wireless would be better nowadays.

XBox has a static IP. So should I port foward or DMZ?

Rancid
04-21-2013, 07:44 AM
When was the last time you cleared your system cache?

Its been awhile, I will certainly give that a try!

MstrJedi_Kyle
04-21-2013, 07:51 AM
Its been awhile, I will certainly give that a try!

I've been clearing my system cache every couple days since release. Does a decent job of keeping lag to a minimum.

Rancid
04-21-2013, 08:03 AM
OK so, I took off the port forward but left it in DMZ and I will clear the cash. I hope these things help.

Mike Boccher
04-21-2013, 09:23 AM
how do you clear cache of router? or are u referring to xbox?

YellowTM
04-21-2013, 09:25 AM
OK so, I took off the port forward but left it in DMZ and I will clear the cash. I hope these things help.

don't use dmz its utterly useless.

port range triggering is the way to go. That way if you fun multiple xboxes on the same network you won't run into as much bs due to ports overlapping.

port forwarding won't work if you have tech that uses the same ports need to range it. DMZ is to open and can run into issues with connection and security.

YellowTM
04-21-2013, 09:26 AM
Also you may want to check packet loss.

start > type in "cmd" open prompt > ping -n 100 google.com > let it run.

see if you're losing packets. If its higher then 5% loss you need yo check your lines and/or call your isp

Hybridizm
04-21-2013, 09:58 AM
I only tend to notice lag related issues when my internet plays up. If you have people in your home who are streaming or downloading things in the background that could be a problem. Could always do the internet speed check to see what MBPS you are getting too. I personally haven't noticed major lag like you've described since the patch though bro, could always post a topic in the bug section and see what they say too.