PDA

View Full Version : Tips for a Rookie Sniper?

Lance Dracolith
04-21-2013, 06:13 AM
I just started getting into Snipers and will prob run mainly snipers from now on, and I was wondering the best place/way to level up the skill to 20 yesterday I was just driving around the bay area killing everything I saw and it took a VERY VERY long time.

Anim
04-21-2013, 06:18 AM
*Dons suit* Best bet is to find a hellbug arkfall and sit there at a medium distance 1 shotting all the hellbugs.

Atticus Finch
04-21-2013, 06:20 AM
I just started getting into Snipers and will prob run mainly snipers from now on, and I was wondering the best place/way to level up the skill to 20 yesterday I was just driving around the bay area killing everything I saw and it took a VERY VERY long time.

Yeah, it's weird. It's also taking me a VERY VERY long time to rank up my sniper skill to level 20. Maybe it's a bug? I've also got another problem where Season 1 pursuits are still not complete. By now, I thought I would have finished Season 1 pursuits two weeks ago.

Trion needs to get on top of this ASAP and patch it immediately or I'm going to trade in this game as well as the two MIB collector's editions I have for the PC and my collectors edition PS3 and xbox 360 (Yes, the collector's editions are different and I will be returning all of it if this is not patched by YESTERDAY)

Erei
04-21-2013, 06:24 AM
Yeah, it's weird. It's also taking me a VERY VERY long time to rank up my sniper skill to level 20. Maybe it's a bug? I've also got another problem where Season 1 pursuits are still not complete. By now, I thought I would have finished Season 1 pursuits two weeks ago.

Trion needs to get on top of this ASAP and patch it immediately or I'm going to trade in this game as well as the two MIB collector's editions I have for the PC and my collectors edition PS3 and xbox 360 (Yes, the collector's editions are different and I will be returning all of it if this is not patched by YESTERDAY)
It's not a bug. Weapon xp is earned through damage done. Which mean weapon with low dps like BMG will lvlup really slowly. Bolt action sniper rifle do a lot of damage, but they do it really slowly. Their DPS is low. Also, reaching lvl20 in a weapon skill require time. I've done the whole game, with every quests, and I ended up with lvl 18~ in LMG, the easiest weapon type to lvlup.
You don't really think you can master a weapon type in a matter of minutes, do you ?

Atticus Finch
04-21-2013, 06:26 AM
It's not a bug. Weapon xp is earned through damage done. Which mean weapon with low dps like BMG will lvlup really slowly. Bolt action sniper rifle do a lot of damage, but they do it really slowly. Their DPS is low. Also, reaching lvl20 in a weapon skill require time. I've done the whole game, with every quests, and I ended up with lvl 18~ in LMG, the easiest weapon type to lvlup.
You don't really think you can master a weapon type in a matter of minutes, do you ?

Read a little more closely. Also, it might help to use your Stephen Colbert voice

Lance Dracolith
04-21-2013, 06:26 AM
*Dons suit* Best bet is to find a hellbug arkfall and sit there at a medium distance 1 shotting all the hellbugs.

I thought weapons couldn't level at arkfalls? Or at least I remember people having problems? I could be mistaken.

Aurora Skye
04-21-2013, 06:27 AM
some events, when half-completed, will continuously spawn mobs. I spent hours at Sutra Tower nonstop headshotting mobs, i think i raised bolt-actions to lvl 9 in one sitting. Some of the farm events work the same as well.

Erei
04-21-2013, 06:32 AM
Read a little more closely. Also, it might help to use your Stephen Colbert voice
Sorry. If you finished the Episode 1 pursuit, and they are not completed, create a ticket. Make sure you have all the objectives completed.

Deadcyte
04-21-2013, 06:35 AM
Threatening them does nothing but make you look like a self-entitled brat throwing a temper tantrum. Trade in your games, They already have your money.

Wait patiently like a respectable gamer who realizes how much effort goes into making a game and finding and fixing problems that arise.

Yes it's frustrating we all know, because we all have the same problems ( more or less) Trion will make it right and a couple months from now you will be wishing you did'nt trade in all your CE's. Truthfully I have never heard of anyone being able to trade in a game that has an account strapped to it, but good luck !!

Atticus Finch
04-21-2013, 06:35 AM
Sorry. If you finished the Episode 1 pursuit, and they are not completed, create a ticket. Make sure you have all the objectives completed.

lol, are we reading the same thread?

Atticus Finch
04-21-2013, 06:37 AM
PEOPLE, I'm being sarcastic for the love of God. Did I do that poor of a delivery? Who the hell has 4 copies of collector's editions MIB?

Deadcyte
04-21-2013, 06:51 AM
PEOPLE, I'm being sarcastic for the love of God. Did I do that poor of a delivery? Who the hell has 4 copies of collector's editions MIB?

Heh! It was'nt the delivery, it was more like I have seen this post at least 50 times before.

Atticus Finch
04-21-2013, 06:56 AM
Heh! It was'nt the delivery, it was more like I have seen this post at least 50 times before.

I mean the OP is talking about just getting into snipers and then wondering why it takes so long to rank up to level 20 in sniping. So, I figured my post would make sense as coming off sarcastic, but I guess I could work on the delivery and make it a bit more exaggerated

legationX
04-21-2013, 08:47 AM
Sniping is way to weak, if you compare it with an assault or lmg like saw, damage yes...but dps worse than a bubble gun

GuruChaz
04-21-2013, 08:50 AM
What's the difference of levelling up a weapon and upgrading to a weapon of a higher level?