PDA

View Full Version : Ego Ability: Failsafe vs BMGs

Seiji
04-21-2013, 06:15 AM
My question is: Will the ability "Failsafe" trigger when I force my Shield to recharge with a BMG

mcwjimbo
04-21-2013, 07:13 AM
No, unless a recent patch changed it

But NO

SteveMND
04-21-2013, 07:34 AM
I wouldn't imagine it would; your shield recharge is a specific event triggered at a certain point depending on the refresh rate of the shield in question; a BMG (yours or other's) is just a 'replenishing' of the shield capacity.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-21-2013, 07:39 AM
I wouldn't imagine it would; your shield recharge is a specific event triggered at a certain point depending on the refresh rate of the shield in question; a BMG (yours or other's) is just a 'replenishing' of the shield capacity.

I would say this. If the recharging of a BMG replaced the standard refresh time of a shield, then yes, it would trigger, but as SteveMND said, the BMG is merely repleneshing their capacity, not replacing the default recharge mechanic of whatever shield you have equiped.

Easiest way to see this is to drop your own shields, then wait until a second or two before it would normally start recharging, activate your BMG for a few seconds, then stop. You'll see that your shield will continue to recharge at its own pace w/o the help of the BMG.

On another note, the BMG also does not effect your shield like Cloak does, meaning that, it will not instantly start the regeneration state.

Seiji
04-21-2013, 07:53 AM
kk thanks for the input, im trying for a medic character, so im stumped on what else to take, all my ability's trigger on revives

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-21-2013, 08:05 AM
kk thanks for the input, im trying for a medic character, so im stumped on what else to take, all my ability's trigger on revives

The best medic character that i've found rolls as a tank, because I'm usually going into the line of fire to heal/protect. I usually roll with Thick Skinned, Failsafe, and Rear Guard, as well as Cellular armor, and a few other damage reducing perks. Like I said though, that is only because I usually find myself taking fire as I heal others, and i use a lower capacity 3 second recharge shield. Considering that the 1st and 3rd perks that I mentioned activate on shield depletion, and the fact that none of the perks in game effect shield capacity, this lower capacity shield works just find for me with the combination of perks that I use.

Smart BMG play is also a must. Don't get yourself downed to heal/revive someone, because that's not going to help anyone. If they go down, then so be it, they'll either get up or wait until you get them. They have 90 seconds to bleed out now so don't rush into a bad situation. They'll need you once they use their self-revive. ;)

EDIT: example: I was doing The Motherload coop map with some friends yesterday. One was afk while torrenting. The three of us reached that one spot where a lot of 99ers and hellbugs spawn and usually push you back down the hall. Both of my teammates pushed farther into the fray then I was willing to go and immediatly got overwhelmed and down as a result. I knew my characters limits, I was not going to get downed with them. In the end I ended up switching to my LMG class and clutching it while they crawled around for about 45 seconds. Not once did they yell at me to come get them.

Yes I was playing with friends, but they understood what I was doing and trusted me to pick their ***** up. :p